a whole DLC like LoD (72%)
a new Character (1%)
Total votes: 123
Total votes: 123

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

This is a rhetorical question.
Actually there is no need to create all new content from scratch - much of it already is in game files, but unfinished, or even finished, but disabled!
Examples: monsters, monsters 2, objects, skills.
OP
Alchemy wrote: 2 years ago
If you added content to the game though, it would no longer make it a remake? I feel like the new content for D2 everyone wants should be coming when D4 releases lol.
what we all saw about D4 is worrying. It just looks like a darker D3 with flashy damagenumbers etc.
i don't think they will change much to the final product and it just won't be as good as d2 8even without nostalgia glasses on).
And many games added new stuff to their remasters/remakes or did way more drastical changes to the gameplay (thank god D2 stayed classy)
In my opinion it just would be fitting to get to our beloved game some good new content as long as they offer an rollback feature for hardcore LoD / classic players.

Even the defs said it might be possible that we get new content:
Blizzard wrote:
"From there we’ll see what the community wants. We don’t really make a boxed product anymore, where we give it to you and we’re done with it. It’s a live game, a live service. We’ll continue to have that relationship between us and the community as they start playing it.
Interviewer: Is new content on the table, like an Act VI? Is that a possibility?
Defs: I will never deny it. It’s not on the table right now. But it’s not off the table either. Like I said, we’re focused on getting that authentic, nostalgic experience right. Even smaller things, like retuning how the blizzard works, or maybe making a build that’s not a Hammerdin, new runewords, new items, those are all really exciting things, but we want to make sure we stick the landing first. As long as the community says, “Yeah, you did good,” then we can have the next discussion."
Assuming stability issues get fixed, I’d love:

New rune words
New gear sets
1 extra character (Whip/chain user? An Angel type character?)
Slightly Increased drop rates for everything.

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*
On one hand, I would love to have an extended endgame mechanic like maps in Path of Exile or the Monolith in Last Epoch ....

but on the other hand, I don't trust 'new Blizzard' to create something good. At all.

My active ladder trades:
-

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
n0x30 wrote: 2 years ago
Even the defs said it might be possible that we get new content:
lol they just didnt deny it, purposefully for PR. zero chance more content is coming. at MOST we will get some ladder seasonal changes like new runewords and some QoL like rune/gem stacking. Nothing that wasn't mentioned already in their official surveys.

They want people to get bored of D2R and quickly move onto Diablo Immortal and then D4.

New content and items would be nice. Or at least fix itemization.

We're already slowly headed to the point where everything is a
Lem
and only like 5 items in the game are worth anything because certain runewords or uniques are BIS for 80% of all classes.
Perhaps a pseudo-hardcore mode could be created from the Lobby, and the idea is that your friends in game can walk up to your corpse and click it to
Revive
. At the end you get a hell forge roll. Limited number of people per game, and you encounter more monsters with resistances/dual resistances.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation