Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members

Rules & tips for trading on Diablo2.io

No data yet

Description

Here I've summarised the rules for using the trading marketplace, as well as some other useful advice for selling successfully.

Rules for trading on Diablo2.io

• The use of real money (RMT), D2JSP, or any other out-of-game currency is prohibited. Personally I've got nothing against alternative trading setups like this, but I want to keep trades on the site here limited to in-game currencies only.
  • For now, trades will stay up indefinitely, but there will soon be a threshold where your trades will 'expire' after a certain time if they are not sold.
  • You can only bump your Trade to the top of the list once per day (there is a physical limit on this so that you can't, even if you wanted to).
  • Any reports on traders are taken seriously - if you've clearly broken the rules this will result in permanent email, username, and IP bans.

Tips for trading on Diablo2.io

• When uploading a screenshot, make sure it's cropped to exactly the dimensions of the item's tooltip in-game - no need to see anything else outside of this. Makes it easier for browsers to see the stats too.
  • Make your comment on your trade ad as descriptive as possible. The use of abbreviations and acronyms is highly discouraged as most newer players won't know what they mean.
  • Trades expire if they have had no views or comments for one week - this helps keep the database healthy and the market fresh. Trades marked as sold however remain indefinitely as an archive of price history that can be accessed with the price checker tool.

Any other queries or suggestions regarding the rules are welcome here.

Description by Teebling

Can be used for Runewords

Teebling

Trust

A measure of trading reputation

This is the number of times this member had one of their trades marked as trustworthy.

Members with higher trustworthiness are less likely to scam or try to cheat you in-game and generally enjoy faster and higher quantities of responses.

Build up your own trust in the d2io marketplace by creating detailed trade ads and executing deals quickly. A friendly attitude always helps :)

Europe PC

Here I've summarised the rules for using the trading marketplace, as well as some other useful advice for selling successfully.

Rules for trading on Diablo2.io

• The use of real money (RMT), D2JSP, or any other out-of-game currency is prohibited. Personally I've got nothing against alternative trading setups like this, but I want to keep trades on the site here limited to in-game currencies only.
  • For now, trades will stay up indefinitely, but there will soon be a threshold where your trades will 'expire' after a certain time if they are not sold.
  • You can only bump your Trade to the top of the list once per day (there is a physical limit on this so that you can't, even if you wanted to).
  • Any reports on traders are taken seriously - if you've clearly broken the rules this will result in permanent email, username, and IP bans.

Tips for trading on Diablo2.io

• When uploading a screenshot, make sure it's cropped to exactly the dimensions of the item's tooltip in-game - no need to see anything else outside of this. Makes it easier for browsers to see the stats too.
  • Make your comment on your trade ad as descriptive as possible. The use of abbreviations and acronyms is highly discouraged as most newer players won't know what they mean.
  • Trades expire if they have had no views or comments for one week - this helps keep the database healthy and the market fresh. Trades marked as sold however remain indefinitely as an archive of price history that can be accessed with the price checker tool.

Any other queries or suggestions regarding the rules are welcome here.

Udyret

Trust

This is the number of times this member had one of their trades marked as trustworthy.

Members with higher trustworthiness are less likely to scam or try to cheat you in-game and generally enjoy faster and higher quantities of responses.

Build up your own trust in the d2io marketplace by creating detailed trade ads and executing deals quickly. A friendly attitude always helps :)

Capturing screen contents - the PrntScrn key, Win-Shift-S, the Snipping tool & Screenshots

1 The PrntScrn key [All Windows versions] - this inappropriately-named key captures the current screen or window to the clipboard.

2 Win-Shift-S [Windows 10] - this captures a user-selectable area of the screen to the clipboard.

3 The Snipping Tool [Windows 7 onwards] - this captures a user-selectable area of the screen and allows it to be saved as a graphics file.

4 Screenshots [Windows 10] - this captures the whole screen as a graphics file.

UnrivaledPiercer

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

Something that I don't see mentioned is crossposting. No doubt there will be other websites used for trading, so is there any rule against crossposting items?
As long as the item is removed from this site after it has been traded on another site, is posting it on other sites still allowed?
I'd imagine for some high value items that people would to get as many eyes on them as possible.

In terms of item listings expiring, I think that is a good idea. Having a listing expire 48 hours after posting seems like a good spot. Anything more than that the item could just be relisted.
That being said, instead of limiting items once per day, if they just have a hard limit of one bump per listing period. That solves both issues. Item listings would only last for 48 hours, and let you bump them once.
Thoughts?

Teebling

Trust

Europe PC

There's a lot of programming complexity to what you're suggesting re: bump once per expiry etc.

Bottom line is this - for now I want to keep trades indefinitely just so I can see how the site works with a bit of price history etc. but when the game releases, I'll reset and purge everything, and the trades will have a 1 week expiry subject to change depending on activity. Bumps remain once per day, unless it gets busy in which case I can reduce that to 6 hours.

Of course people can do whatever they like with their items as far as posting goes. No way are we going to impose some rule on people and enforce it like that, athough of course it would be ideal, the reality will be different :) Hoping the expiry and some goodwill will be enough to keep people from leaving expired trades up. Even if they do, its their loss as they'd continue to be solicited for the item they'd already sold, which is an incentive in itself.

Price history would remain indefinitely of course for that historical check people will want.

Polarducky

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

What about remove the trade topic and recreate same topic to "bump"?

Teebling

Trust

Europe PC

Polarducky wrote: 3 weeks ago
That's fine, but I don't see why anyone would do that when there is alredy a 'Bump' option for Trades.

Edit: Wait did I remove that button by accident in patch 0,5? 😂

Sexcalibure

Trust

Barbarian Americas PC

Teebling wrote: 3 weeks ago
Polarducky wrote: 3 weeks ago
That's fine, but I don't see why anyone would do that when there is alredy a 'Bump' option for Trades.

Edit: Wait did I remove that button by accident in patch 0,5? 😂
Lol that actually made me laugh

Grizzlywise

Trust

Americas PC

I was looking at the create trade functionality and have a few questions.

Do your profile details determine how a new trade you create gets categorized?

If I purchase the game on Switch and PC, will I need separate accounts for each?

Additionally, if I switch my profile details from Non-Ladder to Ladder, what will happen to my existing trades that are posted?

Thanks!

Teebling

Trust

Europe PC

Grizzlywise wrote: 3 weeks ago
Do your profile details determine how a new trade you create gets categorized?
Yes.
If I purchase the game on Switch and PC, will I need separate accounts for each?
Yes, but you can link these two accounts together, allowing you to switch between them without logging in/out. Check out the 'account info' section of your control panel.
Additionally, if I switch my profile details from Non-Ladder to Ladder, what will happen to my existing trades that are posted?
As soon as you switch to Ladder, all your trades will also be listed as a ladder character.

Teebling

Trust

Europe PC

Added a trade search to the main marketplace so you can look for any item traded within the last 24 hours (both active and sold). This will help those who instantly want to find a trade for a specific item.

Trades will now expire after a week give-or-take and be deleted forever. Trades marked as sold however remain as an archive of price history that can be accessed with the price checker tool.

Some small optimisations that seem to have had a good effect on server stability, dedicated server is still due tomorrow (Monday), after which I can remove the CloudFlare CAPTCHA and the site should be much faster.

Schlafsack

Trust

Sorceress Europe Playstation

I selected my platform (playstation) in my profile, but the trades i add to the site are not classified as playstation.

Anything I'm doing wrong?

nyRo

Trust

Necromancer Americas PC

Does the character name in-game have to match the account name on this website?

Beardozer

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

nyRo wrote: 2 weeks ago
I don't see why it would need to be. I don't use this name for any of my in-game characters yet. Just use the site to set up the trade, then talk to your trade partner to meet up in game.

Teebling

Trust

Europe PC

Schlafsack wrote: 2 weeks ago
I selected my platform (playstation) in my profile, but the trades i add to the site are not classified as playstation.

Seems to be working fine?
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 05.26.41.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 05.26.36.png
No it doesn't, but I suppose it helps. If you have a different character name, you can set it in your profile settings, and it shows on your profile.

Schlafsack

Trust

Sorceress Europe Playstation

Teebling wrote: 2 weeks ago
Schlafsack wrote: 2 weeks ago

Seems to be working fine?

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 05.26.41.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 05.26.36.png
No it doesn't, but I suppose it helps. If you have a different character name, you can set it in your profile settings, and it shows on your profile.

Yeah, it’s working now. Just took a day or so for classification to show up.

cp7spaulding

Trust

Sorceress Europe PC

How can we bump? Either I am blind or there is no button? Do we just reply to our own thread?

Edit: Is there a 24h timer until I see the button?

Teebling

Trust

Europe PC

cp7spaulding wrote: 1 week ago
How can we bump? Either I am blind or there is no button? Do we just reply to our own thread?

The bump button is working - if you don't see it, it means that it's on a cooldown - should be 6 hours.

shinsh

Trust

Assassin Europe PC

Teebling wrote: 1 week ago
cp7spaulding wrote: 1 week ago

The bump button is working - if you don't see it, it means that it's on a cooldown - should be 6 hours.
i suppose it is 24h: i don't see it on 17h old trade but another one has it

also, what does bumping actually do? I've bumped a trade 10 mins ago but don't see it in active trades, they are still sorted by created_at field, i guess

Teebling

Trust

Europe PC

Ah yes you're right - it's 24h. The bump button raises it to the top of the marketplace - the one place it doesn't 'rise' is in your profile on active trades - but that will be fixed next patch.

fps1

Trust

Amazon Americas Xbox

Is this site only used for PC cuz I have a Xbox series x and don't know how to take a screenshot

jef

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

fps1 wrote: 1 week ago
Is this site only used for PC cuz I have a Xbox series x and don't know how to take a screenshot
You don't usually need to take a screenshot unless you found something GG like some rare jewel. Mostly just to show off.

Guzo

Trust

Sorceress Europe PC

how to search charms here?

Beardozer

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

Guzo wrote: 1 week ago
how to search charms here?
No great way at the moment. We have a website patch coming soon which will make it easier to search for charms. Problem with them is they have essentially random names (well not really random, but nobody knows their names from memory), so the current system you have to guess what somebody named it. If you're looking for a skill charm, for example, try searching for the class name and see what comes up.

bregalad

Trust

Sorceress Europe PC

how do i link a rune when i create a trade?

bregalad

Trust

Sorceress Europe PC

i can link other runes but not Lo

Beardozer

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

bregalad wrote: 5 days ago
i can link other runes but not LO
This is weird amn eth shael white shako phase blade none of these seem to link anymore. Lemme check with the web dev guys and see if they turned something off for performance reasons or something...

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Advertisement

Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.