Guides to Trading on diablo2.io
D2 Charsi Food - Great price appraisal tool for rare items
Rules & Tips for trading on diablo2.io
- The use of real money trading (RMT), d2jsp Forum Gold aka FG, or any other RL currency is prohibited. I've got nothing against d2jsp, a truly great site; I just want to keep trades here limited to in-game item bartering. Let's keep it fun guys.
- When dealing with Magic or Rare Charms, Jewels, Rings, Amulets, or other randomised items that have no database entry, always use the full in-game name of the item and apply filters. For example, Sparking Grand Charm of Vita. This standard applies when listing, searching, or price checking.
- Trades expire if they have had no comments for 3 days running - this helps keep the database healthy and the market fresh. Trades marked as sold also remain visible for 3 days after the last post was made. Just before they expire, sold trades are converted into historical price data which can be accessed using the price checker tool, and the original listing is deleted.
- When uploading a screenshot, make sure it's cropped to exactly the dimensions of the item's tooltip in-game - no need to see anything else outside of this. You can paste directly from the clipboard when making a new trade, or drag the image into the editor, or upload it manually. See the next post by Udyret for instructions if you need them.
- Make your comment on your trade ad as descriptive as possible. The use of abbreviations and acronyms to describe stats in your descriptions is good for discoverability. The more descriptive your comment is, the more keywords the search engine can pick up on, meaning your trades will get more visits and sell faster. Use advanced filters too!
- If you are having trouble with someone commenting in your trades, you can use the squelch feature (Top right dropdown > Account Prefs > Squelch a Trader). Squelching someone hides all their comments in any of your trades. Please don't send reports in to the mods until you've tried this out, it solves 99% of trade disputes pretty effectively without us having to get involved.
- Do not 'poach', 'ride', or 'jack' other people's trade listings - If you have an item for trade, create your own trade thread. Do not post it in other people's trade threads to compete with the original poster of the thread. This is highly frowned upon and people will report you for it, if they get to see your posts before you are squelched that is
- The market is moderated by real people and any reports submitted will be read and actioned on by someone eventually. Please be nice to them, they have a lot of reports to go through every day. When you make a report, make it detailed and important enough to justify the attention of the moderators. Things like 'this guy said he had Jah but he only had Mal' are to be avoided - we do not take action on things that happened outside of the site.
- Any kind of abuse or attitude towards the volunteer mods is strictly not tolerated. I will personally ensure that any reports of harassment towards the mods here are followed up on. Treat these guys with respect and they will return the courtesy.
- Sellers who create a trade thread for their item should expect other sellers to be watching their thread. It is an open market and nothing can be done about other sellers sending direct messages to people who make offers for items. Sellers are encouraged to get into a game with a player offering an item as soon as they can in order to close their deals. Along the same line, buyers are also encouraged to get into a game with the seller as soon as possible so they can close the deal before somebody else gets to it.
- Traders are expected to get as much as they can for their items as soon as they can. Trades are not completed until items have been exchanged and no binding commitments are made in either direction until a trade actually takes place in-game.
- If you're confused about what a button in the trade UI does, hover over it to see helpful tooltips with guidance on usage/best practises. For detailed guidance on the site's mechanics and how to maximise your trading potential, please read the development log here.
- There is also a Useful Site Tips & Tricks list here which has a lot of general good-to-know things about using diablo2.io.
- Last of all, be kind