Rules for trading on diablo2.io
- The use of real money trading (RMT), D2JSP, or any other out-of-game currency is prohibited. Personally I've got nothing against alternative trading setups like this; I just want to keep trades on the site here limited to in-game item bartering. Therefore any and all RMT trading of any kind is prohibited on diablo2.io . Let's keep it fun guys.
- The market is moderated by real people and any reports submitted will be read and actioned on by someone eventually. Please be nice to them, they have a lot of reports to go through every single day. When you make a report, make it detailed and important enough to justify the attention of the moderators. Things like 'this guy said he had Jah but he only had Mal' are to be avoided - we cannot take action on things that happened outside of the site.
- Any kind of foul behaviour or attitude towards the mods (who are literally just trying to help you) is strictly not tolerated. I will personally ensure that any reports of harassment towards mods here on the site are followed up on. Treat these guys with respect and they will return the same courtesy. You can appeal any mod decisions made of course, if any, just don't be an ass about it.
- Do not poach other people's trade threads - If you have an item for trade, create your own trade thread. Do not post it in other people's trade threads to compete with the original poster of the thread.
- Poaching only refers to other sellers entering a trade thread to offer their items to compete with the original post. Sellers who create a trade thread for their item should expect other sellers to be watching their thread. It is an open market and nothing can be done about other sellers sending direct messages to people who make offers for items. Sellers are encouraged to get into a game with a player offering an item as soon as they can in order to close their deals. Along the same line, buyers are also encouraged to get into a game with the seller as soon as possible so they can close the deal before somebody else gets to it.
- Traders are expected to get as much as they can for their items as soon as they can. Trades are not completed until items have been exchanged. This is not an auction site and no commitments are made in either direction until a trade actually takes place in-game. Buyers are encouraged to get into a game with the player offering the item as soon as they can in order to close their deals.
- If you are having trouble with someone commenting your trades, please just use the squelch feature (Top right dropdown > Account Prefs > Squelch a Trader). It is a tool available to you to use freely to hide people annoying you. Please don't report them until you've tried this out, it may solve your issue straight away without us having to intervene.
Other Tips & Tricks for trading on diablo2.ioNotes from before v1.0 which are still relevant:
- When uploading a screenshot, make sure it's cropped to exactly the dimensions of the item's tooltip in-game - no need to see anything else outside of this. You can paste directly from the clipboard when making a new trade, or drag the image into the editor, or upload it manually.
- Make your comment on your trade ad as descriptive as possible. The use of abbreviations and acronyms is highly discouraged as most newer players won't know what they mean. Furthermore, the more descriptive your comment is, the more keywords the search engine can pick up on, meaning your trades will get more visits and sell faster.
- Trades expire if they have had no comments for 3 days running - this helps keep the database healthy and the market fresh. Trades marked as sold also remain visible for 3 days after the last post was made. Just before they expire, sold trades are converted into historical price data which can be accessed using the price checker tool, and the original listing is deleted.
- If you're confused about what something does, hover over it to see helpful tooltips with guidance on usage/best practises. For detailed guidance on the site's mechanics and how to maximise your trading potential, please read the patch notes for v1.0 here.