Here I've summarised the rules for using the trading marketplace, as well as some other useful advice for selling successfully.
Rules for trading on Diablo2.io
- The use of real money (RMT), D2JSP, or any other out-of-game currency is prohibited. Personally I've got nothing against alternative trading setups like this, but I want to keep trades on the site here limited to in-game currencies only.
- For now, trades will stay up indefinitely, but there will soon be a threshold where your trades will 'expire' after a certain time if they are not sold.
- You can only bump your Trade to the top of the list once per day (there is a physical limit on this so that you can't, even if you wanted to).
- Any reports on traders are taken seriously - if you've clearly broken the rules this will result in permanent email, username, and IP bans.
Tips for trading on Diablo2.io
- When uploading a screenshot, make sure it's cropped to exactly the dimensions of the item's tooltip in-game - no need to see anything else outside of this. Makes it easier for browsers to see the stats too.
- Make your comment on your trade ad as descriptive as possible. The use of abbreviations and acronyms is highly discouraged as most newer players won't know what they mean.
- Trades expire if they have had no views or comments for one week - this helps keep the database healthy and the market fresh. Trades marked as sold however remain indefinitely as an archive of price history that can be accessed with the price checker tool.
Any other queries or suggestions regarding the rules are welcome here.