No, keep it as it is. (12%)
Seasonal Events and new Items (15%)
New Items (1%)
a whole DLC like LoD (72%)
a new Character (1%)
Total votes: 123
Total votes: 123

Description

I love what the team accomplished with Ressurected and personaly would love to see some additional content in the future in the classic D2 and NOT D3 Style.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

I love what the team accomplished with Ressurected and personaly would love to see some additional content in the future in the classic D2 and NOT D3 Style.

EnragedN3wb 187Moderator

PC
I voted no because I don't trust blizzard not to screw up a good game, but that said, I wouldn't mind them adding new stuff as long as LOD stays in it's current form similar to classic when LOD released. That way at least we have something to fall back on if they do pull a typical Blizzard & ruin it.

Edit: And they fix the current game's bugs first. That should be priority #1.
Yes, please balance some skills so that more builds get viable. There are some skills that looks and feels really cool but the dmg is so poor its unbearable to play!
OP
EnragedN3wb wrote: 2 years ago
I voted no because I don't trust blizzard not to screw up a good game, but that said, I wouldn't mind them adding new stuff as long as LOD stays in it's current form similar to classic when LOD released. That way at least we have something to fall back on if they do pull a typical Blizzard & ruin it.

Edit: And they fix the current game's bugs first. That should be priority #1.
I agree with the current state of Blizzard. They don't get my trust either. If Vicarious Visions alone is developing new Stuff without the current Blizzard mess i believe it can be pretty awesome :) And yeah a rollback function like the one for classic is a must.
MagnusN wrote: 2 years ago
Yes, please balance some skills so that more builds get viable. There are some skills that looks and feels really cool but the dmg is so poor its unbearable to play!
Some xamples:
Sorc with
Hydra

Amazon with
Fend

Paladin with a viable
Charge

Barb with
Double Throw
or
Leap Attack

Druid with
Armageddon
/
Volcano

35px 77

PC
I would love to see the fourth act completed and some skills buffed/nerved. I would also like to see some uniques buffed so that there are alternatives to some BIS runewords.
Yes, please. We need a more challenging end game. Right now once you build a godly character there is literally nothing to do with it.
no, there is a reason I payed quarter of my sallary (thanks to exchange rates) to a 21 years old game. I want it to stay as at is. if they try to bring sth new I'm sure it won't be good.

maybe some limited-time and build for only fun and does zero impact to game progress and meta could be okay.
Of course once things are stabilized and they can prove out season 1 runs smoothly I do think they should at least consider rebalance / new additions for season 2. Even if it is some simple mechanic to have a little more to the end game options.

POD/PD2 both have added harder maps (as drops) to better progress end game so sounds like a viable option but not sure if they would copy that aspect. I like the idea of maps dropping vs them adding in a random "Rift" generator.

I also think it would be great to make some other items more viable again. They do not have to be end game tier but something to compete better with the runeword game. If not adjusting old items -- introducing new ones so we do not lose all the details for the existing stats on items that have been collected over the years.

We all love this game but some I think sometimes we need to mix it up a little to all involved and interested.

LockeDown
Hardcore PC Ladder

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
I voted no but I have to admit that it'd be cool to get a new Act 4 hireling.

New stuff is always great done right.

First things I would like to see though would be;
- Server Stability
- Bug Fixes
- Rebalance of Set and Unique Items
- Ability to activate skills with one keybind & a move only option.
- New Content but with the ability for people to make Classic/LOD only characters.
my thought would be a Diablo 1 story DLC and new runewords.

BillyMaysed 2186Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
While i voted in favor of much more content. i know its 100% not going to happen. D2R was meant to re-invigorate the love of diablo in preparation for Diablo 4. The better D2R does, the better D4 sales will be. But they wouldn't keep adding content to actually steal sales away from D4. They want people to "get bored" and then move on to their other Diablo games. The best we'll get is some minor seasonal content changes and possibly some more QoL updates like Rune/Gem stacking.

OP
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
While i voted in favor of much more content. i know its 100% not going to happen. D2R was meant to re-invigorate the love of diablo in preparation for Diablo 4. The better D2R does, the better D4 sales will be. But they wouldn't keep adding content to actually steal sales away from D4. They want people to "get bored" and then move on to their other Diablo games. The best we'll get is some minor seasonal content changes and possibly some more QoL updates like Rune/Gem stacking.
the Devs already said in multiple interviews that they might add new stuff in the future. ( --> https://venturebeat.com/2021/09/17/the- ... -blizzard/ )
Other studios also are showing love for their older games like Age of Empires 2. The DE still gets a lot of new stuff while the AoE 4 release is just around the corner.
Strictly NO.

Blizzard is already too far far away from the mentality of the original D2 designers. That said, they would most probably just screwed up the game.

I love the game as it is. If you don't, then you can:
- Play mods
- Play other great ARPGs
- Wait for D4
- Whine on forums about adding new content to 20 years old game

As my favorite game designer once said: the best content of the game are the players.

BillyMaysed 2186Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
n0x30 wrote: 2 years ago
add new stuff in the future.
Yes new stuff in the form of minor QoL and ladder seasonal changes to some skills and items. thats it.

I voted a whole expansion like LoD and I revoke this vote. Its fine the way it is, MAYBE minor QoL. This is the game, lets play.
None of the options in the poll.
QoL changes, 100%. What they've done so far with unlimited portals to the ??? level.
Anya
's portal not closing. Less mules because of bigger stash and shared stash. Etc. More like this would be sweet.

As for new content the only change I would want is a fleshed out Act IV.
It is well documented they wanted to finish it with 6 quests and more Waypoints.

Any other new content would ruing the D2 experience in my opinion. New new content (chars, levels, Acts) can wait for D4.
If you added content to the game though, it would no longer make it a remake? I feel like the new content for D2 everyone wants should be coming when D4 releases lol.

Absolutely, yes. Maybe not a full new act, but new things to do, absolutely. Maybe a couple new runes and runewords, maybe some hard super-uniques in the unused dungeons, or something like that. More endgame is always welcome.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation