Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
42 replies   20675 views

Updated 2.5 Patch Notes - Sunder Charms Nerfed (except for cold sorcs)

No data yet

Description

Description by DarkMaster

Can be used to make Runewords:

Ganonvillage wrote: 1 year ago
True, but I'm sad, that the auradins are dead now, before they even lived..
you never had a dreamer, I suppose.

a dreamer doesn't need a merc and doesn't need that charm. talking about OP, a dreamer definitely is and it's glorious :)

Crispin wrote: 1 year ago

a dreamer doesn't need a merc and doesn't need that charm. talking about OP, a dreamer definitely is and it's glorious :)
Ehm, I've had one and can't really say that it was THAT OP... I mean... it's cool and all, but it's like I'm always comparing other builds to my Sorceress' lightning spec and barely any can compete, effectiveness-wise.

I was kind of looking forward to the new charms, so I can test them with a Dragondin, not caring about fire immunes or anything else for that matter, but I guess I'll scrap that idea now.
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago

Ehm, I've had one and can't really say that it was THAT OP... I mean... it's cool and all, but it's like I'm always comparing other builds to my Sorceress' lightning spec and barely any can compete, effectiveness-wise.

I was kind of looking forward to the new charms, so I can test them with a Dragondin, not caring about fire immunes or anything else for that matter, but I guess I'll scrap that idea now.
farming torches alone and not having any problem anywhere in the game is not OP enough?

well, then.

Exactly my thoughts on that matter.
I too have a light sorc and it's just too good not to run.

PC | Europe | Non-Ladder and Ladder | Softcore

farming torches alone and not having any problem anywhere in the game is not OP enough?

well, then.
Not having a problem and being super efficient are two different things though.
It sure is fun to run around with a super stacked aura, but not the most efficient.

well, then.
It sure is fun to run around with a super stacked aura, but not the most efficient.
then please explain what "efficient" is for you.
(and please don't say
Teleport
)

well, then.
(and please don't say
Teleport
)
Elite pack kills per hour.
That's my measurement of efficiency.

(and please don't say
Teleport
)
Elite pack kills per hour.
That's my measurement of efficiency.
not sure if the dreamer is really slower there, but well.

mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Dream Paladin is never the best nor one of the best builds for farming.
Lightning Fury
Poison Nova
Blessed Hammer
, FoH, Lightning Sorc, Lightning
Nova
Sorc are all better.
https://maxroll.gg/d2/tierlists/density ... -tier-list
Yup, #facts

well, then.
Was that an unnecessary failed attempt at sarcasm? :D

Truth be told, I never cared about farming torches and not having any problem anywhere in the game is pretty much what the lightning Sorceress is all about.
She's just faster and more efficient at it.

If I needed to farm torches, I'd hop on my Smiter.

Don't get me wrong, the Dreamer is super cool and I like it very much, it's just not that good, sadly.
I was hoping to melt some faces with the Dragondin, but the idea of monsters having any sort of positive fire resistance values after the Sunder charm and
Conviction
, disgusts me :))
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Dream Paladin is never the best nor one of the best builds for farming.
Lightning Fury
Poison Nova
Blessed Hammer
, FoH, Lightning Sorc, Lightning
Nova
Sorc are all better.
https://maxroll.gg/d2/tierlists/density ... -tier-list
Yup, #facts

well, then.
Was that an unnecessary failed attempt at sarcasm? :D

Truth be told, I never cared about farming torches and not having any problem anywhere in the game is pretty much what the lightning Sorceress is all about.
She's just faster and more efficient at it.

If I needed to farm torches, I'd hop on my Smiter.

Don't get me wrong, the Dreamer is super cool and I like it very much, it's just not that good, sadly.
I was hoping to melt some faces with the Dragondin, but the idea of monsters having any sort of positive fire resistance values after the Sunder charm and
Conviction
, disgusts me :))
that was not sarcasm at all.
I was wondering what more you want than a char that is as fast as a teleporter, has a brutally fast kills speed and is such a tank that you don't have any problems anywhere in the game, including ubers :shrug:

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
OP is a relative term. Depending on perspective, a dreamer is super OP or not OP at all.

If you look at build strength relative to mob strength, a dreamer is indeed totally OP. As are countless other builds. Mainly because the game is stupidly easy to begin with.
Yet, if you look at build strength relative to other builds, a dreamer is not bad but far from being OP. There's plenty of builds that far outperform a dreamer.

Be that as it may, back to the topic of unnecessary dumb untested crap from Blizz:
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
OP is a relative term. Depending on perspective, a dreamer is super OP or not OP at all.

If you look at build strength relative to mob strength, a dreamer is indeed totally OP. As are countless other builds. Mainly because the game is stupidly easy to begin with.
Yet, if you look at build strength relative to other builds, a dreamer is not bad but far from being OP. There's plenty of builds that far outperform a dreamer.

Be that as it may, back to the topic of unnecessary dumb untested crap from Blizz:
image.png
yeah, guess so.

Be that as it may, back to the topic of unnecessary dumb untested crap from Blizz
Unless this is part of another "puzzle" :D

But, yeah, they are slacking so much these days.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Be that as it may, back to the topic of unnecessary dumb untested crap from Blizz
Unless this is part of another "puzzle" :D

But, yeah, they are slacking so much these days.
No puzzle. Just them being too incompetent to remove the orange color syntax (or make it work) in the top right text display.
The puzzle is whether there are any competent software developers and QA testers left at ATVI.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
The puzzle is whether there are any competent software developers and QA testers left at ATVI.
That's a fairly easy puzzle though... "no". :p

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Th3ory wrote: 1 year ago
I wanted to share a video I could deploy quickly tonight when I finally had free time.

Most players/forums are focused on the "nerfing" of Sundered but missed a surgical and significant 'silent' update embedded within the notes - the introduction to the Desecrated TCs that, for now, has broken Sundered Drop Rates.

I hope you all found this helpful - time will tell if they amend/modify before S2 hits Thursday.

So...did this get updated again yet? Or is it a game of "rush to
Terror
asap to get 2034920493 charms before it gets patched tomorrow"?

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
I wanted to share a video I could deploy quickly tonight when I finally had free time.

Most players/forums are focused on the "nerfing" of Sundered but missed a surgical and significant 'silent' update embedded within the notes - the introduction to the Desecrated TCs that, for now, has broken Sundered Drop Rates.

I hope you all found this helpful - time will tell if they amend/modify before S2 hits Thursday.

Terror
To answer my own question:
Blizz confirmed that's client side only and won't be applicable to actual S2 drops as the server side apparently doesn't have that same implementation.

Th3ory 385

Paladin Americas PC

Terror
To answer my own question:
Blizz confirmed that's client side only and won't be applicable to actual S2 drops as the server side apparently doesn't have that same implementation.
The problem with this statement is how extremely disingenuous it truly is. I've spoken to a handful of PhrozenKeep and Drop Calc owners after Pez commented. This comment is deceiving by nature. This would be one of the first major occurrences or instances where Server-Side & Client-Side were not in relative sync on a fixed probabilities basis.

We know that Desecrated TCs are new so they may want to have more operational gated control without exposing to much, but the reality is - they will push a new TCEX update Client-Side and we will have the information in our hands. By Proxy, it always will give us those directional ratios to leverage as needed.

But I am not the only one who did a bit of an eye roll on his commentary - but let us not forget - Pez doesn't play the game and he simply was told what to write whether it was accurate or not.

And based on my video & now the Horking issue which is still tied to my video fundamental - it proves that Server-side implementation is clearly off.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...