Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   2177 views

Description

This topic is now outdated. Please read the patch notes for v1.0.
diablo2.io

Uniques, Runewords, Set items, Base items, Cube Recipes, Misc Items:

Azurewrath
, Duress,
Immortal King's Detail
Thresher
Recipe: Caster Helm
Key of Hate

Skills, Monsters, Areas, NPCs, Quests:

Teleport
Rakanishu
Halls of Pain
Meshif
Pandemonium Event

Hey guys,

I've made everything I could for the new Trade section, which I'll be deploying live here on d2.io tomorrow afternoon. It's a bit rushed because I'm short on RL time, so I've not addressed many of the outstanding bugs (but they are screenshotted and safe, don't you worry :P).

Here's some screenshots I took during development - some are already dated but you'll see the real deal tomorrow!
The trade marketplace with filters visible
Using the price checker tool on Tyrael's Might
Creating a trade (click to see .GIF)
A standalone trade with comments below
Marking a trade as 'Sold' lets you record sold for/sold to values
Once marked as sold, the person sold to can then grant you '+1 trust'
Notification for trust received
If items are detected in trades, the trade is viewable on item itself. Sold trades also show.
If items are detected in trades, the trade is viewable on item itself. Sold trades also show.
Trade stats/your trade history on profile.
Trade stats that (had bigger plans for this but cut short due to time) - will be doing more with it in the future.
Trade stats that (had bigger plans for this but cut short due to time) - will be doing more with it in the future.
To test the marketplace, I'll need some very kind volunteers to get things up and running, so to speak:

First thing is I'm going to need your help to get the market looking populated with plenty of believable trades/screenshots (see Price Guide for inspo). Mostly Resurrected items/images if possible, but some legacy ads would be cool too.

Second thing will be testing the trade sold/trust functionality, which is easiest done if you have another account or two to fake interactions between two users. I've enabled email address re-use for account creation temporarily, and you can then link those accounts together, allowing you to switch between them to give trust etc. without having to log in and out.

Third thing is that you can set some 'bogus' or fake discord/bnet information in your profile for testing the trade stuff that incorporates this data. For example, for your trades to show up as Europe region, remember to select that in your profile settings etc.

Lastly it would be cool if there was some kind of Pattern to the trades sold for stuff - don't just put random items in the soldfor stuff (like I did in the screenshots) - try to make them look believable, so that when looking at the new trade stats page, there is a correlation (so I'm expecting to see
Ist
quite high up on the sold-as-currency list etc.).

Cheers!
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
This topic is now outdated. Please read the patch notes for v1.0.
diablo2.io

Uniques, Runewords, Set items, Base items, Cube Recipes, Misc Items:

Azurewrath
, Duress,
Immortal King's Detail
Thresher
Recipe: Caster Helm
Key of Hate

Skills, Monsters, Areas, NPCs, Quests:

Teleport
Rakanishu
Halls of Pain
Meshif
Pandemonium Event

Hey guys,

I've made everything I could for the new Trade section, which I'll be deploying live here on d2.io tomorrow afternoon. It's a bit rushed because I'm short on RL time, so I've not addressed many of the outstanding bugs (but they are screenshotted and safe, don't you worry :P).

Here's some screenshots I took during development - some are already dated but you'll see the real deal tomorrow!
To test the marketplace, I'll need some very kind volunteers to get things up and running, so to speak:

First thing is I'm going to need your help to get the market looking populated with plenty of believable trades/screenshots (see Price Guide for inspo). Mostly Resurrected items/images if possible, but some legacy ads would be cool too.

Second thing will be testing the trade sold/trust functionality, which is easiest done if you have another account or two to fake interactions between two users. I've enabled email address re-use for account creation temporarily, and you can then link those accounts together, allowing you to switch between them to give trust etc. without having to log in and out.

Third thing is that you can set some 'bogus' or fake discord/bnet information in your profile for testing the trade stuff that incorporates this data. For example, for your trades to show up as Europe region, remember to select that in your profile settings etc.

Lastly it would be cool if there was some kind of Pattern to the trades sold for stuff - don't just put random items in the soldfor stuff (like I did in the screenshots) - try to make them look believable, so that when looking at the new trade stats page, there is a correlation (so I'm expecting to see
Ist
quite high up on the sold-as-currency list etc.).

Cheers!

CyborgCitation 0

Hell yeah.

~CitationNumber

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
@Teebling This is truly incredible work on a short period of time. Looking forward to helping and leaning into this framework.

Can't wait !

Stormlash 344Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
Let's go!

Great job!
Wowowow!
I would love to test this out with someone, but I don't have a valid client that would allow me to connect to battle.net.
@Teebling Just testing it out & cannot find a way to classify a crafted
Circlet
as crafted in trade. Any tips?
OP

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
somthinwicked wrote: 2 years ago
@Teebling Just testing it out & cannot find a way to classify a crafted
Circlet
as crafted in trade. Any tips?
Yeah type in
Caster Helm
or
Hit Power Helm
etc. for the 'type' of crafted item you made.

Really loving the trade site so far, will be sharing with my groups and trying to get the word out!
Everything looking good Teebling!
The Trust feature is so amazing, hopefully this will become much bigger than D2JSP
It turns out I will be playing on Xbox rather than PC. I do zero pc gaming outside Diablo, and I can’t justify the cost of a new system I would need.

I played the beta on Xbox and overall I think it’s manageable. The inexcusable plan to not include lobbies on console blows my mind, but the controller actually worked fine for the type of characters I like to play. The state of PvP will be anyone’s guess, but oh well. I will still happily build characters and start that new item hunt.

Due to the lack of lobbies, a way to connect Xbox users will be 100% necessary to utilize battle.net for trading. The trading options you’ve put together here look amazing.

I don’t know how Xbox and Bnet accounts interact, and I’m honestly not really familiar with how Xbox account and party system works. I’ve only ever interacted with people on my friends list.

I apologize if I missed it somewhere, but do we know the process for trading on Xbox once an offer has been accepted? Would I be using their battle.net account to connect with them in an Xbox party?

Thanks!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...