Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   1588 views

Description

This topic is now outdated. Please read the patch notes for v1.0.
Hello all. Patch 0.3 is here! :) The database world has expanded to cover all intended entry types. Besides getting the rest of the database populated, this update focused mainly on improving on what we found when testing in the site's v0.2 Beta. I've fixed most of the bugs that were reported, and I've also managed to fulfil most of your requests in the feedback forum.
Here we go!
Here we go!

New Features Added

Contributions open for the rest of the database world
Contributions have now opened up for the rest of the diablo2.io Database world, including:
Monsters, NPCs, Skills, Areas, and Quests are now all open for contributions. I have also readied the Misc section for contributions of quest/other miscellaneous items. I haven't had time to make example contributions yet, but you'll find guidance in the sticky at the top of the contrib forum + in the contrib tooltips.
If you intend on contributing please make sure you read first - this is very important. Even if you are a seasoned contributor, some things have changed. For example adding a space before the new <br /> tag when creating line breaks. So please, please make sure you read the tooltips carefully guys before submitting.

A quest showing encounters, rewards and lore.
Paladin Skill Zeal - properties from level 1-60 being demonstrated.
NPC showing quest involvement.
New format for misc/quest items, with reward or source shown.
Pindleskin's stats switching between N/Ni/H.
Area - once populated with data will show monsters spawning here etc.
Contributions open for updating existing items with new data types
I created a new contribution category called 'Update item for Patch 0.3' that will allow you to update existing items with:
Quality Level for all existing Uniques and Set items.
Treasure Class (TC) for all existing items.
Max sockets by iLvl for all existing items.
Upped/Ebugged values for Unique Armor and Weapons.
Example showing upped/eth'd values on this demonhead.
In order to see which items have no qlvl/TC/sockets by ilvl/upped or ebugged data yet I've added filters to the category pages, so that you can see which ones need data contributed for them.
Data filter for 0.3 updates.
Sorting added to database categories functionality
You can now use 'sorting' on top of your filter selections in most database categories - the default sorting options available are: the number of views the items have, the number of comments they have, the number of likes they have (popularity), alphabetical sorting (ascending), or the original default sort order (by last post).
Sorting by required level etc.
There's also sorting by things like Defense, Required Level, Monster level, Area level etc. You can if you want perform a 'random shuffle' of all the items currently being displayed.
Disabling of auto-linking/auto-tooltips in posts now possible
You can now stop automatic item links/tooltips being generated when you post by wrapping the culprit word with the BBcode [nolink][/nolink]. Any text within this tag will not be subject to automatic link/tooltip creation and will appear as normal. This allows you to choose which words you want targeted and which ones you don't.

Here it is in action:
Silks of the Victor
, Silks of the Victor.
And the code for that ^ is: Silks of the Victor, [nolink]Silks of the Victor[/nolink].
You can now hide the sidebar to see more item tiles
Some folks don't find the sidebar useful to have up all the time, and seeing as it takes up some horizontal screen real estate it was about time the option was added for you to hide it.
Showing and hiding the sidebar. Preferenced remembered in localstorage.
To open or close the sidebar, go to your user drop down in the top right (or right slide-in panel on mobile). This will give you more horizontal space and thus more tiles can be displayed (in 'detailed mode', up to 8 columns on a 2560x1080px display or up to 6 columns on a 1920x1080px display).
Option to hide/show in dropdown menu.
Your preference is remembered in your browser's localstorage, so you don't have to keep hiding it. Note that hiding/showing functionality is only visible/usable when your viewport is at least 1366px wide, otherwise the sidebar is hidden by default anyway (as it has been since the start).
Description written by X and Data contributed by X on item pages + edit history
Items now show who contributed the data for the entry and who wrote its description, with tooltips for their user profile. The credit for the data or description goes to the last person that edited it.
Contribution by X and Description by Y.
You can now also view post revisions/the edit history of descriptions by clicking the clock icon next to 'Edit Description' (Contributors only). This allows you to see all of the previous 'versions' of the item's description, and see what was changed/added/removed on each edit.
Comparing revisions of a description.
On profiles themselves, users now have a measure of how much they have helped the site so far. Stats covered are: data contributions, descriptions written, comments on DB entries, bugs reported, and feedback given. In the future I will be tying these numbers into rewards of one sort or another.
Stats for contributions to the site (on profile).
Lastly, descriptions in contributions now work properly, so if a description is included in a contribution you will automatically receive the credit for writing the description after I import the item.
Pagination added to long pages with too many rows
Added pagination to the discussion forums (including subforums), members list and a few other areas (logs, MCP etc.) to break up the long lists that were accumulating. Contributions especially was suffering from bad load times simply due to the pre-processing for 1000+ topics on one load.
Pagination added in various places.
Nota bene: Pagination will not be coming to category pages as it would break all filtering/search functionality which requires a full DOM to be present before manipulation with JS.
Compact homepage toggle for mobile users
I've added a setting that allows mobile users to switch to a more compact view of the home page. Using mobile a lot myself to check up on the site, I found it annoying having to swipe down to see new posts in different sections.
Switching between detailed/compact homepage on mobile.
The compact mode solves this - when activated, all of the areas of the site that can have unread indicators are now 'above the fold' - meaning that you won't have to swipe down to get an instant overview of the site. Designed with power users in mind who check the home page regularly.
Preference is remembered in localstorage.
Lastly, the missing 'Mark all Read' button has been added to the home page on mobile.
Minimum level required for Runeword added
Using an SQL query I was able to add a 'required level' entry to Runewords - it just looks at all the component runes and picks the one with the highest level. This is visible in tooltips, in categories, and on item pages themselves.
Runewords now show the required level.
Added 'Indestructible' and '-X to Enemy Y Resistances filters
Some people spotted that these filters didn't exist so I've added them in.
Indestructible... just like my to-do list for the site.
You'll find 'Indestructible' in the Utility tab and 'Enemy Resistances' in the 'Offensive' tab. See database bugs as well for a big bug fix which means that filters are showing all results now (was a bit patchy before...)
-Enemy lightning resistance filter.
Filter for item entries with no Description yet
Added the ability to filter for items which haven't had a description suggested for them yet (or added by a contributor).
The 'No Description' filter.
This allows you to quickly see which entries still need a description. Just go to the 'Settings' button on any category page and you'll see the button for 'No Description'.
Scroll to bottom button added
Added a 'scroll to bottom' button next to the 'scroll to top' button in the bottom right of the screen.
Scroll to bottom or top.
Scroll to bottom or top.
This was requested so that getting to the unread posts at the bottom of a thread would be easier.
Colour palette added to editor
You can now choose from set colours from the d2io palette to format your posts with. You can choose from gold, green, orange, red, violet, white, or grey. This will be handy for general post formatting.
Formatting with colours and new preview window.
Inline code BBcode added to editor
You can now use the 'inline code' BBcode to create inline strings of code (or just to highlight a phrase if you like). The end result looks like this and as you can see it doesn't wrap. A nice mini-alternative to using the [code][/code] BBcode!

Code: Select all

[c]This is the phrase[/c] I want to be inlined.
Single Player or Battle.net profile field added
On registration (or by editing your profile), you can now choose to show if you are a Single Player character or a Battle.net character.
Shame about that TCP/IP though!
On viewtopic/viewpm.
On viewtopic/viewpm.

Changes & Improvements

More intuitive one-by-one filtering for certain filters
When filtering item types, selecting more than one item type at the same time no longer gives the confusing 'no results' message - instead the previous item type filter is cleared and the new one added in its place, allowing you to keep clicking different item types without having to deselect the original one.
Faster, more intuitive filtering.
This also applies to the part of set filters, runeword item groups, skill bonuses filters, and finally the various types of misc items. This is much more intuitive for users. By the way, this really wasn't as easy as it sounds to code :P

Note that most of the other filters still work in the same way as they did before - you can add them on top of each other to drill down to more specific selections. They work the same even in conjunction with one of these new 'one-by-one' filters.
Superwide layout preference now remembered
The ability for users to view pages with a more traditional full-width layout instead of the 'grid' or 'tiles' has been around since the site began - it's the often overlooked 'Superwide' button. It used to only be a temporary change of layout - as soon as you left the page the default 'grid/tiles' layout would return.
Superwide in action - it's remembered now.
Now when you choose to layout the page in 'Superwide' format, your preference is remembered in your browser's localstorage, so you don't have to keep clicking it every time if you prefer the superwide format all the time. Also 'resetting' all filters now longer removes the superwide layout.
Slightly more columns on category and item pages
I've adjusted the column proportions on item category pages when viewing them in 'detailed' or 'compact' mode - there are now slightly more columns horizontally for both layouts, meaning more tiles are displayed.
Show me allll the items! 2566x1080 res.
Felt like the space wasn't being used in the most efficient way - hoping you guys feel the same about it.
Removal of 'used to make Runeword' from tooltips
I've removed the section 'can be used to make runeword' on all item tooltips as the lists were getting ridiculously long, going off-screen for most devices, and I felt that little could be gained from these lists at-a-glance.
Before...
Before...
After!
After!
Instead, this information has a new home on the item's page itself, with its own dedicated section that evens out the page layout. I want people to get used to the flow of using tooltips for pedigree information, and then clicking through to the item itself to get detailed stuff.
Updated 16x16px jewel icon/favicon
Painted a new 16x16px pixel art icon from scratch to make something sharper and more defined than the old one (which was just a downscale of the resurrected 'II' logo).
Pixel art mini-favicon logo for the site.
I think it looks kind of cool so you might see it re-used around the site. I've also created a retina version that will hopefully show on mobile devices with high pixel density displays.
Attachments in Private messages & Group send
You can now send attachments in private messages. Additional attachment types are now allowed (plain text files such as .txt, .csv etc. and other types). One last admin-only feature is the ability to mass PM groups (handy for talking to Contributors and Mods).

Attachments have also had a slight visual go-over - adding a border, some drop shadow, and a glossy Edge highlight as well as neatening positioning.
Home page unread indicators now individual to forums
Seeing as Bug Reports, Feedback, and Contributions are all subforums of 'Forums' - people were seeing 'Forums' as having unread posts on the homepage, even if the actual forum 'Forums' had no unread posts.
Unread indicators work independently now.
I've changed it so that only individual forums show the unread indicator now.
Changed spoiler tag body colour
Changed colour of spoiler BBcode boxes to the more pleasant Diablo 2 'violet' colour.
Instant database/forum/member search improvements
There was a limit of 3 chars before which meant that you couldn't search for runes with two letters for example
Io
or
Ko
. I have done some optimisations backend that allow for two-character searches now so it should work :)
Searching for 'Ko'.
Searching for 'Ko'.
The member search now colours usernames depending on member/contributor/moderator/administrator status and is labelled with a suffix indicating the member's group/rank too.
Coloured-in members search.
Lastly, I have added a mini loading indicator in the very far right of the search bar which shows when the search is fetching results (before there was no indication that it was working until the results appeared). Also now when there are no matches to your search, it says 'No matches' (before was just blank).
Loading indicator and 'no matches' message.
Small changes to Best Answer functionality
The 'best answer' functionality has been extended to the Feedback forum where I can now 'fulfil' feature requests. In the Contributions subforum, contribs are marked as 'entry updated' to reflect that they are no longer exclusively items.
Change in Contributor badge description
Changed the profile 'contributor' badge description slightly to more accurately reflect the prerequisites of contributor status. This has also been replicated when hovering over said badge when viewing a topic or PM.
Topic icons + tooltips in 'Most Popular'
The 'Most Popular Pages' section on the home page now shows hover tooltip previews and topic icons too.
Looks a bit more inviting now.
Improved Resurrected countdown timer
Spruced up the Resurrected countdown timer a bit on the home page, adding the game logo and the official release date as a static string after the countdown itself.
Ladder countdown in the future? I think so.
Pre-Resurrected time tag removed, copy post URL added
Seeing as the beta is so short, it makes no sense for me to keep maintaining these time threshold tags. The original plan was to tie them to version numbers, but I've lost interest in it now.
Replaced with a 'copy link to post' button.
I've made something more useful in its place - click the little link icon to copy this post's URL (including anchor hash). This allows you to paste the post's URL as you like; anyone clicking that link gets taken directly to the post without having to scroll through the whole topic.
Sidebar randoms/latest lists increased
Increased the number of random items and latest discussion topics in the sidebar from 4 to 5 instances.
Bot users makeover
Tooltips for bots/crawler/spider-type users now have a short description about their purpose for those who don't know what they do. They also have been all given the
Iron Golem
Increased editor height when posting
Enlarged the posting editor textbox area to a minimum height of 380px - often found I needed more vertical space in most posts and always having to drag to resize this box was getting kind of annoying.
Policy on signature images
Signature images can only be a maximum of 350px wide and 19px high - this is in order to keep the forums looking clean and save people's bandwidth. Notice added to the edit signature page, and a form submission check has been added to ensure that this is maintaned.

These dimensions have been the standard in bulletin boards for over 20 years and I would like that to continue.
Mark as read buttons update
When you click a 'Mark Read' or 'Mark all Read' button, the green tick animation now shows, and any unread indicators on the page are instantly changed to grey to give more immediacy.
Green on completion.
Green on completion.
When on an individual forum/category, this only applies to the big forum lists themselves and the database category tiles, not the sidebar (this is because the sidebar shows topics from multiple forums, which would make instant-updating this area tricky).
Full preview functionality restored for all formatting available
Removed the 'live' preview functionality as it didn't support a lot of BBCode and used a lot of server resources. Replaced with the classic phpBB static preview which gives you a fully-fledged preview of your post, including things like mentions, attachments, spoilers etc. Also available on private messages now.
Attachments UI reworked
Made some small improvements to the Attachments system - dragging a file onto the editor now gives a visual indication that uploading is possible.
Attachment count in action
You can now see how many attachments are already loaded in the post (a bit like filter counts in db categories), and the UI for uploading attachments now looks a lot better on mobile in general. Attachments themselves in posts have had a border and glass outline added.
Discontinuation of the 'Suggest a Relation' button
This was poorly designed by me from the start and didn't really see a lot of use. The excellent descriptions the contributors have been writing usually cover all of the most pertinent relations to other items etc. so there's no need for maintaining a secondary method of doing it.

Speed Performance & SEO Improvements

SQL query cacheing activated for large category pages
Database categories now have their SQL queries cached, reducing the pre-render load time for these kinds of pages after the first SQL query is made (savings on pre-processing). Hopefully you guys will see a difference in loading speed when browsing the database regularly now.

The cache lasts for exactly 1 month (in seconds), after which it makes fresh queries that are re-cached. I am also able to manually refresh the cache if there are any changes to data.
Faster filtering and searching - animations disabled on database category pages
Significantly reduced the lag when you're clicking around on filters and searching etc in database categories.
Filtering and searching a category is faster now, especially on return visits.
By removing transition animations from the jQuery script isotope (responsible for manipulating results after filters are selected), the grid re-arranges itself faster as the browser's memory isn't bottlenecked by animations anymore. As a result the pages 'react' quicker to your filters and commands and feel snappier to use.

The instant category search has also had some performance improvements - with a debounce added to marking of matches and the isotope relayout function itself, it feels quicker and smoother to use.
Lazy autolink fetching on long topics like Udyret's Price Guide
Load times were getting insane for topics with over one hundred autolinks like Udyret's translation of Grimbdaul's price guide. Basically the way the code was before was that on page load, it would fetch all of the ajax stuff in one go. This is fine and has no impact on pages with 20 or so of them, but when there are hundreds it was holding up the page load.

Now on pages like this, the tooltip data will only load if the user scrolls the browser's viewport (using intersectionObserver API) with a spoiler open. This means the page now loads just as fast as any other, and tooltip links are generated 'as you scroll', individually, for each spoiler area.
Changed some page titles to include 'Resurrected'
Improved page title search performance by adding 'Resurrected' to most 'Diablo 2' strings - seeing as this will be a more common keyword after release I thought it was fitting. The title layout itself has also been revised to make it clearer.
Meta descriptions updated
Wrote proper meta descriptions for each database category describing what you are able to filter and/or search for within that category of the database. Hopefully this will be picked up by crawlers soon.
Robots.txt updated to block access to certain areas
Blocked spiders from crawling long like activity lists external to the site's template and hidden from normal users.

Database Related Bug Fixes & other small changes

View all DB bug fixes
  • Fixed a big bug where some filter buttons wouldn't return all of the results; only some of them, due to whitespace inconsistencies. You will see now that far more results (the true amount this time) are displayed when using the filter buttons!
  • Fixed layout issues on Recipes pages + tooltips, and removed the Cube icon for something more semantic - 'Produces:'
  • Fixed swapped modifiers between Sword and Shield versions of the runeword Spirit, and added 'Ladder Only'.
  • Fixed bug where runeword Treachery would not appear when filtering by + to Assassin Skill Levels filter.
  • Fixed the missing 'Swords' runeword item group filter in the /runewords/ category.
  • Fixed issue where filtering for the item group Wands in /runewords/ did not display the runeword White.
  • Fixed issue where spell names having mandated brackets in them e.g. Combat skills (Barbarian only) would not appear when selected as a filter (due to non-escaped special characters).
  • Fixed issue where runeword Melody would not show up when filtering for Bow and Crossbow Skills.
  • Missing autolinks for
    Cathan's Sigil
    and
    Thundergod's Vigor
    added in.
  • Normalised the naming convention of the rainbow facet jewels. Example:
    Rainbow Facet: Cold Level-up
  • Removed '1.07 patch' info from
    Immortal King's Stone Crusher
    and
    Immortal King's Detail
    (this was a relic of early testing/development).
  • Fixed missing outcome quantity for
    Recipe: Add Sockets to Normal Body Armor
  • Added mini tooltip to 'Barbarian only' to say that these types of items may also be equipped by Act 5 Mercenaries.
  • Fixed missing space on string '
    Iron Maiden
    ' on amulet
    Saracen's Chance
  • Fixed non-ASCII dash on Cold Damage modifier for
    Thul
  • Fixed issue where
    Greaves
    iitemtype had whitespace at the start of ' Boots'.
  • Renamed Paladin skill Sanctuary to
    Sanctuary Aura
    so as not to interfere with autolinks to Runeword Sanctuary.
  • Fixed missing whitespace on
    Poison Nova
    modifier on Runeword Breath of the Dying.
  • Fixed incorrect magic find modifier on
    Chance Guards
    that was preventing it from being filtered correctly.

UI Related Bug Fixes & other small changes

View all UI bug fixes
  • Fixed the completely unstyled 'Forgot password' and 'Reset password' flow.
  • Fixed issue where read/unread indicators (the 'squares') in the sidebar wouldn't link to the topic as expected.
  • Fixed issue where some people couldn't vote on polls on the home page on certain browsers/devices (URL rewriting issue). Also fixed weird default phpBB ajax behaviour after vote submissions on index/viewtopic type pages.
  • Fixed issue where (iPhone users on any iOS device/browser) wouldn't be able to load pre-filtered selections in big categories like 'Base' due to memory threshold being reached. Since animations have been removed this should be fixed now.
  • Fixed bug where mobile users would see broken tooltips when tapping on any tooltip-like link in the sidebar blocks at the bottom of pages.
  • Fixed issue where random item lists on the /database/ page were not wrapping correctly.
  • Fixed issue where full set item components in the 'Sets' category weren't displaying inline on Chrome.
  • Fixed over-enlarged icon and text at the top of 'best answer' or 'bug fixed' mini-previews.
  • Fixed unstyled/out of position buttons when editing a saved draft in the user control panel.
  • Fixed issue where drafts would not load from the posting editor or UCP.
  • Fixed broken 'Manage Drafts' button on posting editor.
  • Fixed issue where text/file attachments in post weren't displaying at all on mobile.
  • Fixed issue where tables weren't displaying at 100% viewport width when on mobile.
  • Fixed issue where autofocus changed after the user had started typing a new message on some pages.
  • Removed duplicate quest avatars in the avatar gallery.
  • Fixed issue where spoiler main body sections were forcing the user's cursor to point rather than default.
  • Fixed issue on member profiles where the total number of views was totally broken - now shows correct values.
  • Fixed issue where on clicking a spoiler, the grid layout would not update.
  • Fixed issue where on mobile devices, unique/set variants of base items in tooltips would sometimes wrap to the bottom of the tooltip.
  • Fixed Moderators/Contributors still able to see the 'Suggest description' button when they can already see the direct 'Edit' button.
  • Fixed issue where new topic etc. button on forum type pages were not fully clickable in some areas.
  • Fixed first & last border issues on mobile navigation pane.
  • Fixed margin between posts in topic review section.
  • Fixed broken layout on viewtopic after a post has been soft-deleted (Mods only)
  • Fixed phantom margin under latest discussion list in sidebar on mobile.
  • Fixed cut-off icons on the /database/ page when item links in overflow state.
  • Fixed issue where topic icon button would jump up on mobile due to CSS selectors stepping on each other.
  • Fixed issue where on slightly smaller width desktop resolutions, the subforum triple column layout at the top of the forums would not snap.
  • Fixed issue where members list table wasn't responding to responsive mrediaquery breakpoints.
  • Fixed issue where embedded Tweets weren't loading properly (disabled auto-embedding of Tweets - problem with their embed code atm).
  • Fixed various issues on mobile with out of position buttons, broken layouts etc. in most areas of the user and moderator control panels.
  • Fixed issue where uninterrupted strings of text would overflow out of code boxes, quotes, mini-panels etc. due to not word breaking.
  • Fixed a few elements that weren't being hidden when browsing categories in compact mode
  • Fixed poorly positioned read/unread indicators when in an inline icon within a post.
  • Fixed post bookmark element height in the 'Saved' section so that it scrolls longer posts rather than take up more vertical space.
  • Fixed several issues with the database import script for contributions - looking forward to your inputs!
If you don't see the changes, before submitting a bug report please read

I didn't have time to get Trade done, but that will be following in the coming weeks. Hope that you guys enjoy all the changes and new features, let me know if you have any questions. As usual, bug reports and feedback welcome.

PS I might be busy this weekend with RL stuff so I'll respond to any immediate bugs or issues then. Hope to start processing contributions Monday.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
This topic is now outdated. Please read the patch notes for v1.0.
Hello all. Patch 0.3 is here! :) The database world has expanded to cover all intended entry types. Besides getting the rest of the database populated, this update focused mainly on improving on what we found when testing in the site's v0.2 Beta. I've fixed most of the bugs that were reported, and I've also managed to fulfil most of your requests in the feedback forum.
Here we go!
Here we go!

New Features Added

Contributions open for the rest of the database world
Contributions have now opened up for the rest of the diablo2.io Database world, including:
Monsters, NPCs, Skills, Areas, and Quests are now all open for contributions. I have also readied the Misc section for contributions of quest/other miscellaneous items. I haven't had time to make example contributions yet, but you'll find guidance in the sticky at the top of the contrib forum + in the contrib tooltips.
If you intend on contributing please make sure you read first - this is very important. Even if you are a seasoned contributor, some things have changed. For example adding a space before the new <br /> tag when creating line breaks. So please, please make sure you read the tooltips carefully guys before submitting.

Contributions open for updating existing items with new data types
I created a new contribution category called 'Update item for Patch 0.3' that will allow you to update existing items with:
Quality Level for all existing Uniques and Set items.
Treasure Class (TC) for all existing items.
Max sockets by iLvl for all existing items.
Upped/Ebugged values for Unique Armor and Weapons.
In order to see which items have no qlvl/TC/sockets by ilvl/upped or ebugged data yet I've added filters to the category pages, so that you can see which ones need data contributed for them.
Sorting added to database categories functionality
You can now use 'sorting' on top of your filter selections in most database categories - the default sorting options available are: the number of views the items have, the number of comments they have, the number of likes they have (popularity), alphabetical sorting (ascending), or the original default sort order (by last post).
There's also sorting by things like Defense, Required Level, Monster level, Area level etc. You can if you want perform a 'random shuffle' of all the items currently being displayed.
Disabling of auto-linking/auto-tooltips in posts now possible
You can now stop automatic item links/tooltips being generated when you post by wrapping the culprit word with the BBcode [nolink][/nolink]. Any text within this tag will not be subject to automatic link/tooltip creation and will appear as normal. This allows you to choose which words you want targeted and which ones you don't.

Here it is in action:
Silks of the Victor
, Silks of the Victor.
And the code for that ^ is: Silks of the Victor, [nolink]Silks of the Victor[/nolink].
You can now hide the sidebar to see more item tiles
Some folks don't find the sidebar useful to have up all the time, and seeing as it takes up some horizontal screen real estate it was about time the option was added for you to hide it.
To open or close the sidebar, go to your user drop down in the top right (or right slide-in panel on mobile). This will give you more horizontal space and thus more tiles can be displayed (in 'detailed mode', up to 8 columns on a 2560x1080px display or up to 6 columns on a 1920x1080px display).
Your preference is remembered in your browser's localstorage, so you don't have to keep hiding it. Note that hiding/showing functionality is only visible/usable when your viewport is at least 1366px wide, otherwise the sidebar is hidden by default anyway (as it has been since the start).
Description written by X and Data contributed by X on item pages + edit history
Items now show who contributed the data for the entry and who wrote its description, with tooltips for their user profile. The credit for the data or description goes to the last person that edited it.
You can now also view post revisions/the edit history of descriptions by clicking the clock icon next to 'Edit Description' (Contributors only). This allows you to see all of the previous 'versions' of the item's description, and see what was changed/added/removed on each edit.
On profiles themselves, users now have a measure of how much they have helped the site so far. Stats covered are: data contributions, descriptions written, comments on DB entries, bugs reported, and feedback given. In the future I will be tying these numbers into rewards of one sort or another.
Lastly, descriptions in contributions now work properly, so if a description is included in a contribution you will automatically receive the credit for writing the description after I import the item.
Pagination added to long pages with too many rows
Added pagination to the discussion forums (including subforums), members list and a few other areas (logs, MCP etc.) to break up the long lists that were accumulating. Contributions especially was suffering from bad load times simply due to the pre-processing for 1000+ topics on one load.
Nota bene: Pagination will not be coming to category pages as it would break all filtering/search functionality which requires a full DOM to be present before manipulation with JS.
Compact homepage toggle for mobile users
I've added a setting that allows mobile users to switch to a more compact view of the home page. Using mobile a lot myself to check up on the site, I found it annoying having to swipe down to see new posts in different sections.
The compact mode solves this - when activated, all of the areas of the site that can have unread indicators are now 'above the fold' - meaning that you won't have to swipe down to get an instant overview of the site. Designed with power users in mind who check the home page regularly.
Lastly, the missing 'Mark all Read' button has been added to the home page on mobile.
Minimum level required for Runeword added
Using an SQL query I was able to add a 'required level' entry to Runewords - it just looks at all the component runes and picks the one with the highest level. This is visible in tooltips, in categories, and on item pages themselves.
Added 'Indestructible' and '-X to Enemy Y Resistances filters
Some people spotted that these filters didn't exist so I've added them in.
You'll find 'Indestructible' in the Utility tab and 'Enemy Resistances' in the 'Offensive' tab. See database bugs as well for a big bug fix which means that filters are showing all results now (was a bit patchy before...)
Filter for item entries with no Description yet
Added the ability to filter for items which haven't had a description suggested for them yet (or added by a contributor).
This allows you to quickly see which entries still need a description. Just go to the 'Settings' button on any category page and you'll see the button for 'No Description'.
Scroll to bottom button added
Added a 'scroll to bottom' button next to the 'scroll to top' button in the bottom right of the screen.
Scroll to bottom or top.
Scroll to bottom or top.
This was requested so that getting to the unread posts at the bottom of a thread would be easier.
Colour palette added to editor
You can now choose from set colours from the d2io palette to format your posts with. You can choose from gold, green, orange, red, violet, white, or grey. This will be handy for general post formatting.
Inline code BBcode added to editor
You can now use the 'inline code' BBcode to create inline strings of code (or just to highlight a phrase if you like). The end result looks like this and as you can see it doesn't wrap. A nice mini-alternative to using the [code][/code] BBcode!

Code: Select all

[c]This is the phrase[/c] I want to be inlined.
Single Player or Battle.net profile field added
On registration (or by editing your profile), you can now choose to show if you are a Single Player character or a Battle.net character.
On viewtopic/viewpm.
On viewtopic/viewpm.

Changes & Improvements

More intuitive one-by-one filtering for certain filters
When filtering item types, selecting more than one item type at the same time no longer gives the confusing 'no results' message - instead the previous item type filter is cleared and the new one added in its place, allowing you to keep clicking different item types without having to deselect the original one.
This also applies to the part of set filters, runeword item groups, skill bonuses filters, and finally the various types of misc items. This is much more intuitive for users. By the way, this really wasn't as easy as it sounds to code :P

Note that most of the other filters still work in the same way as they did before - you can add them on top of each other to drill down to more specific selections. They work the same even in conjunction with one of these new 'one-by-one' filters.
Superwide layout preference now remembered
The ability for users to view pages with a more traditional full-width layout instead of the 'grid' or 'tiles' has been around since the site began - it's the often overlooked 'Superwide' button. It used to only be a temporary change of layout - as soon as you left the page the default 'grid/tiles' layout would return.
Now when you choose to layout the page in 'Superwide' format, your preference is remembered in your browser's localstorage, so you don't have to keep clicking it every time if you prefer the superwide format all the time. Also 'resetting' all filters now longer removes the superwide layout.
Slightly more columns on category and item pages
I've adjusted the column proportions on item category pages when viewing them in 'detailed' or 'compact' mode - there are now slightly more columns horizontally for both layouts, meaning more tiles are displayed.
Felt like the space wasn't being used in the most efficient way - hoping you guys feel the same about it.
Removal of 'used to make Runeword' from tooltips
I've removed the section 'can be used to make runeword' on all item tooltips as the lists were getting ridiculously long, going off-screen for most devices, and I felt that little could be gained from these lists at-a-glance.
Before...
Before...
After!
After!
Instead, this information has a new home on the item's page itself, with its own dedicated section that evens out the page layout. I want people to get used to the flow of using tooltips for pedigree information, and then clicking through to the item itself to get detailed stuff.
Updated 16x16px jewel icon/favicon
Painted a new 16x16px pixel art icon from scratch to make something sharper and more defined than the old one (which was just a downscale of the resurrected 'II' logo).
I think it looks kind of cool so you might see it re-used around the site. I've also created a retina version that will hopefully show on mobile devices with high pixel density displays.
Attachments in Private messages & Group send
You can now send attachments in private messages. Additional attachment types are now allowed (plain text files such as .txt, .csv etc. and other types). One last admin-only feature is the ability to mass PM groups (handy for talking to Contributors and Mods).

Attachments have also had a slight visual go-over - adding a border, some drop shadow, and a glossy Edge highlight as well as neatening positioning.
Home page unread indicators now individual to forums
Seeing as Bug Reports, Feedback, and Contributions are all subforums of 'Forums' - people were seeing 'Forums' as having unread posts on the homepage, even if the actual forum 'Forums' had no unread posts.
I've changed it so that only individual forums show the unread indicator now.
Changed spoiler tag body colour
Changed colour of spoiler BBcode boxes to the more pleasant Diablo 2 'violet' colour.
Instant database/forum/member search improvements
There was a limit of 3 chars before which meant that you couldn't search for runes with two letters for example
Io
or
Ko
. I have done some optimisations backend that allow for two-character searches now so it should work :)
Searching for 'Ko'.
Searching for 'Ko'.
The member search now colours usernames depending on member/contributor/moderator/administrator status and is labelled with a suffix indicating the member's group/rank too.
Lastly, I have added a mini loading indicator in the very far right of the search bar which shows when the search is fetching results (before there was no indication that it was working until the results appeared). Also now when there are no matches to your search, it says 'No matches' (before was just blank).
Small changes to Best Answer functionality
The 'best answer' functionality has been extended to the Feedback forum where I can now 'fulfil' feature requests. In the Contributions subforum, contribs are marked as 'entry updated' to reflect that they are no longer exclusively items.
Change in Contributor badge description
Changed the profile 'contributor' badge description slightly to more accurately reflect the prerequisites of contributor status. This has also been replicated when hovering over said badge when viewing a topic or PM.
Topic icons + tooltips in 'Most Popular'
The 'Most Popular Pages' section on the home page now shows hover tooltip previews and topic icons too.
Improved Resurrected countdown timer
Spruced up the Resurrected countdown timer a bit on the home page, adding the game logo and the official release date as a static string after the countdown itself.
Pre-Resurrected time tag removed, copy post URL added
Seeing as the beta is so short, it makes no sense for me to keep maintaining these time threshold tags. The original plan was to tie them to version numbers, but I've lost interest in it now.
I've made something more useful in its place - click the little link icon to copy this post's URL (including anchor hash). This allows you to paste the post's URL as you like; anyone clicking that link gets taken directly to the post without having to scroll through the whole topic.
Sidebar randoms/latest lists increased
Increased the number of random items and latest discussion topics in the sidebar from 4 to 5 instances.
Bot users makeover
Tooltips for bots/crawler/spider-type users now have a short description about their purpose for those who don't know what they do. They also have been all given the
Iron Golem
Increased editor height when posting
Enlarged the posting editor textbox area to a minimum height of 380px - often found I needed more vertical space in most posts and always having to drag to resize this box was getting kind of annoying.
Policy on signature images
Signature images can only be a maximum of 350px wide and 19px high - this is in order to keep the forums looking clean and save people's bandwidth. Notice added to the edit signature page, and a form submission check has been added to ensure that this is maintaned.

These dimensions have been the standard in bulletin boards for over 20 years and I would like that to continue.
Mark as read buttons update
When you click a 'Mark Read' or 'Mark all Read' button, the green tick animation now shows, and any unread indicators on the page are instantly changed to grey to give more immediacy.
Green on completion.
Green on completion.
When on an individual forum/category, this only applies to the big forum lists themselves and the database category tiles, not the sidebar (this is because the sidebar shows topics from multiple forums, which would make instant-updating this area tricky).
Full preview functionality restored for all formatting available
Removed the 'live' preview functionality as it didn't support a lot of BBCode and used a lot of server resources. Replaced with the classic phpBB static preview which gives you a fully-fledged preview of your post, including things like mentions, attachments, spoilers etc. Also available on private messages now.
Attachments UI reworked
Made some small improvements to the Attachments system - dragging a file onto the editor now gives a visual indication that uploading is possible.
You can now see how many attachments are already loaded in the post (a bit like filter counts in db categories), and the UI for uploading attachments now looks a lot better on mobile in general. Attachments themselves in posts have had a border and glass outline added.
Discontinuation of the 'Suggest a Relation' button
This was poorly designed by me from the start and didn't really see a lot of use. The excellent descriptions the contributors have been writing usually cover all of the most pertinent relations to other items etc. so there's no need for maintaining a secondary method of doing it.

Speed Performance & SEO Improvements

SQL query cacheing activated for large category pages
Database categories now have their SQL queries cached, reducing the pre-render load time for these kinds of pages after the first SQL query is made (savings on pre-processing). Hopefully you guys will see a difference in loading speed when browsing the database regularly now.

The cache lasts for exactly 1 month (in seconds), after which it makes fresh queries that are re-cached. I am also able to manually refresh the cache if there are any changes to data.
Faster filtering and searching - animations disabled on database category pages
Significantly reduced the lag when you're clicking around on filters and searching etc in database categories.
By removing transition animations from the jQuery script isotope (responsible for manipulating results after filters are selected), the grid re-arranges itself faster as the browser's memory isn't bottlenecked by animations anymore. As a result the pages 'react' quicker to your filters and commands and feel snappier to use.

The instant category search has also had some performance improvements - with a debounce added to marking of matches and the isotope relayout function itself, it feels quicker and smoother to use.
Lazy autolink fetching on long topics like Udyret's Price Guide
Load times were getting insane for topics with over one hundred autolinks like Udyret's translation of Grimbdaul's price guide. Basically the way the code was before was that on page load, it would fetch all of the ajax stuff in one go. This is fine and has no impact on pages with 20 or so of them, but when there are hundreds it was holding up the page load.

Now on pages like this, the tooltip data will only load if the user scrolls the browser's viewport (using intersectionObserver API) with a spoiler open. This means the page now loads just as fast as any other, and tooltip links are generated 'as you scroll', individually, for each spoiler area.
Changed some page titles to include 'Resurrected'
Improved page title search performance by adding 'Resurrected' to most 'Diablo 2' strings - seeing as this will be a more common keyword after release I thought it was fitting. The title layout itself has also been revised to make it clearer.
Meta descriptions updated
Wrote proper meta descriptions for each database category describing what you are able to filter and/or search for within that category of the database. Hopefully this will be picked up by crawlers soon.
Robots.txt updated to block access to certain areas
Blocked spiders from crawling long like activity lists external to the site's template and hidden from normal users.

Database Related Bug Fixes & other small changes

View all DB bug fixes
  • Fixed a big bug where some filter buttons wouldn't return all of the results; only some of them, due to whitespace inconsistencies. You will see now that far more results (the true amount this time) are displayed when using the filter buttons!
  • Fixed layout issues on Recipes pages + tooltips, and removed the Cube icon for something more semantic - 'Produces:'
  • Fixed swapped modifiers between Sword and Shield versions of the runeword Spirit, and added 'Ladder Only'.
  • Fixed bug where runeword Treachery would not appear when filtering by + to Assassin Skill Levels filter.
  • Fixed the missing 'Swords' runeword item group filter in the /runewords/ category.
  • Fixed issue where filtering for the item group Wands in /runewords/ did not display the runeword White.
  • Fixed issue where spell names having mandated brackets in them e.g. Combat skills (Barbarian only) would not appear when selected as a filter (due to non-escaped special characters).
  • Fixed issue where runeword Melody would not show up when filtering for Bow and Crossbow Skills.
  • Missing autolinks for
    Cathan's Sigil
    and
    Thundergod's Vigor
    added in.
  • Normalised the naming convention of the rainbow facet jewels. Example:
    Rainbow Facet: Cold Level-up
  • Removed '1.07 patch' info from
    Immortal King's Stone Crusher
    and
    Immortal King's Detail
    (this was a relic of early testing/development).
  • Fixed missing outcome quantity for
    Recipe: Add Sockets to Normal Body Armor
  • Added mini tooltip to 'Barbarian only' to say that these types of items may also be equipped by Act 5 Mercenaries.
  • Fixed missing space on string '
    Iron Maiden
    ' on amulet
    Saracen's Chance
  • Fixed non-ASCII dash on Cold Damage modifier for
    Thul
  • Fixed issue where
    Greaves
    iitemtype had whitespace at the start of ' Boots'.
  • Renamed Paladin skill Sanctuary to
    Sanctuary Aura
    so as not to interfere with autolinks to Runeword Sanctuary.
  • Fixed missing whitespace on
    Poison Nova
    modifier on Runeword Breath of the Dying.
  • Fixed incorrect magic find modifier on
    Chance Guards
    that was preventing it from being filtered correctly.

UI Related Bug Fixes & other small changes

View all UI bug fixes
  • Fixed the completely unstyled 'Forgot password' and 'Reset password' flow.
  • Fixed issue where read/unread indicators (the 'squares') in the sidebar wouldn't link to the topic as expected.
  • Fixed issue where some people couldn't vote on polls on the home page on certain browsers/devices (URL rewriting issue). Also fixed weird default phpBB ajax behaviour after vote submissions on index/viewtopic type pages.
  • Fixed issue where (iPhone users on any iOS device/browser) wouldn't be able to load pre-filtered selections in big categories like 'Base' due to memory threshold being reached. Since animations have been removed this should be fixed now.
  • Fixed bug where mobile users would see broken tooltips when tapping on any tooltip-like link in the sidebar blocks at the bottom of pages.
  • Fixed issue where random item lists on the /database/ page were not wrapping correctly.
  • Fixed issue where full set item components in the 'Sets' category weren't displaying inline on Chrome.
  • Fixed over-enlarged icon and text at the top of 'best answer' or 'bug fixed' mini-previews.
  • Fixed unstyled/out of position buttons when editing a saved draft in the user control panel.
  • Fixed issue where drafts would not load from the posting editor or UCP.
  • Fixed broken 'Manage Drafts' button on posting editor.
  • Fixed issue where text/file attachments in post weren't displaying at all on mobile.
  • Fixed issue where tables weren't displaying at 100% viewport width when on mobile.
  • Fixed issue where autofocus changed after the user had started typing a new message on some pages.
  • Removed duplicate quest avatars in the avatar gallery.
  • Fixed issue where spoiler main body sections were forcing the user's cursor to point rather than default.
  • Fixed issue on member profiles where the total number of views was totally broken - now shows correct values.
  • Fixed issue where on clicking a spoiler, the grid layout would not update.
  • Fixed issue where on mobile devices, unique/set variants of base items in tooltips would sometimes wrap to the bottom of the tooltip.
  • Fixed Moderators/Contributors still able to see the 'Suggest description' button when they can already see the direct 'Edit' button.
  • Fixed issue where new topic etc. button on forum type pages were not fully clickable in some areas.
  • Fixed first & last border issues on mobile navigation pane.
  • Fixed margin between posts in topic review section.
  • Fixed broken layout on viewtopic after a post has been soft-deleted (Mods only)
  • Fixed phantom margin under latest discussion list in sidebar on mobile.
  • Fixed cut-off icons on the /database/ page when item links in overflow state.
  • Fixed issue where topic icon button would jump up on mobile due to CSS selectors stepping on each other.
  • Fixed issue where on slightly smaller width desktop resolutions, the subforum triple column layout at the top of the forums would not snap.
  • Fixed issue where members list table wasn't responding to responsive mrediaquery breakpoints.
  • Fixed issue where embedded Tweets weren't loading properly (disabled auto-embedding of Tweets - problem with their embed code atm).
  • Fixed various issues on mobile with out of position buttons, broken layouts etc. in most areas of the user and moderator control panels.
  • Fixed issue where uninterrupted strings of text would overflow out of code boxes, quotes, mini-panels etc. due to not word breaking.
  • Fixed a few elements that weren't being hidden when browsing categories in compact mode
  • Fixed poorly positioned read/unread indicators when in an inline icon within a post.
  • Fixed post bookmark element height in the 'Saved' section so that it scrolls longer posts rather than take up more vertical space.
  • Fixed several issues with the database import script for contributions - looking forward to your inputs!
If you don't see the changes, before submitting a bug report please read

I didn't have time to get Trade done, but that will be following in the coming weeks. Hope that you guys enjoy all the changes and new features, let me know if you have any questions. As usual, bug reports and feedback welcome.

PS I might be busy this weekend with RL stuff so I'll respond to any immediate bugs or issues then. Hope to start processing contributions Monday.

Stormlash 340Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
Open Beta has me for the next 4 days but once it's over, I'm all yours @Teebling

Great job so far, buddy!

Il help as much as I can. Thank you for all your work @Teebling
What am I not understanding about the <br /><br /> tooltips. Do I literally type it like that?
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
CitationNumber wrote: 2 years ago
What am I not understanding about the <br /><br /> tooltips. Do I literally type it like that?
For line breaks yes, you do.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation