I was running a
Baal
runs session with my level 87
Berserk
Barbarian, with the goal to level him up to 89 to equip a nice
Caster Amulet
I had bought this morning. As usual I was doing my best to
Teleport
as fast as possible so everybody enjoyed my runs.

On the 20th run, I was helping a dude clear some trash
Stygian Fury
in the back that prevented the next wave to spawn. An
Energy Shield
sorceress with Tal Rasha's Wrappings set.

Then suddenly, as I was running back to the wave spawn location, I noticed a Small Charm had dropped from the previous trash mob. We all raced to pick it up, I grabbed it, opened my inventory to put it in my
Horadric Cube
, like everyone who plays with a full inventory of charms does.

The following then happened in a split second : the Small Charm landed in my cube, my inventory is still opened. I close my inventory and click to move my character. Something dropped when I clicked to move. I click on my Alt
Key
to show items, open my inventory, and you guessed it. My fucking Grief was ON THE Ground. My main hand slot was EMPTY. I actually completely froze there and I felt my heart stopped beating. I try to panic-pick it up, but the dude nearby had looted it. You know how a pedestrian is about to get hit by car and just freezes in the middle of the road and can't move at all? I felt exactly like this.

The looter stayed completely silent till the end of the run and left the game. Everybody left the game and I stayed alone in the
Throne of Destruction
empty handed, with my pathetic
Blade Of Ali Baba
in the off-hand.

I tried to whisper the player but as expected he was not a good samaritan, told me "I no stole nothing, I found it on the floor !" Blablabla. I knew it was useless

I have no idea how all of this happened. Did I click too fast and clicked on my Grief? I don't know.
Anyway I'm devastated. I had farmed for weeks to get the
Lo
rune and was so happy when I built it like 4 days ago.

I loved trading on this website so much and met many players but this 100% destroyed my motivation to play online any further. A Pitzerker is usually Solo MF farming, and it's all I did but the one time I played him in public this shit happens. I know it's all my fault but you can't make a single mistake. Don't misclick, don't lag when you move stuff, etc. Because the next you know your precious stuff is on the floor and some douchebag claims it and disappears forever.

Either I'm uninstalling the game completely. Or I recreate my characters in offline singleplayer, and reunite with my Grief there. In any case I quit online Bnet.

Farewell and good luck D2 fans, long live diablo2.io, and F-U stealers & scammers.
EDIT: here is the ID'd charm and my barb with empty mainhand. I essentially traded Grief for this garbage, lol.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Bryght 126

Druid Europe PC
Hey guys...

I was running a
Baal
Berserk
Caster Amulet
Teleport

Stygian Fury
Energy Shield

Then suddenly, as I was running back to the wave spawn location, I noticed a Small Charm had dropped from the previous trash mob. We all raced to pick it up, I grabbed it, opened my inventory to put it in my
Horadric Cube

The following then happened in a split second : the Small Charm landed in my cube, my inventory is still opened. I close my inventory and click to move my character. Something dropped when I clicked to move. I click on my Alt
Key
to show items, open my inventory, and you guessed it. My fucking Grief was ON THE Ground. My main hand slot was EMPTY. I actually completely froze there and I felt my heart stopped beating. I try to panic-pick it up, but the dude nearby had looted it. You know how a pedestrian is about to get hit by car and just freezes in the middle of the road and can't move at all? I felt exactly like this.

The looter stayed completely silent till the end of the run and left the game. Everybody left the game and I stayed alone in the
Throne of Destruction
Blade Of Ali Baba
in the off-hand.

I tried to whisper the player but as expected he was not a good samaritan, told me "I no stole nothing, I found it on the floor !" Blablabla. I knew it was useless

I have no idea how all of this happened. Did I click too fast and clicked on my Grief? I don't know.
Lo

I loved trading on this website so much and met many players but this 100% destroyed my motivation to play online any further. A Pitzerker is usually Solo MF farming, and it's all I did but the one time I played him in public this shit happens. I know it's all my fault but you can't make a single mistake. Don't misclick, don't lag when you move stuff, etc. Because the next you know your precious stuff is on the floor and some douchebag claims it and disappears forever.

Either I'm uninstalling the game completely. Or I recreate my characters in offline singleplayer, and reunite with my Grief there. In any case I quit online Bnet.

Farewell and good luck D2 fans, long live diablo2.io, and F-U stealers & scammers.
EDIT: here is the ID'd charm and my barb with empty mainhand. I essentially traded Grief for this garbage, lol.

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I am very sorry you dropped your Grief. Probably the ctrl-shift feature mixed with the lag caused it to happen. This actually happened to me in a pub game too but it was only a Spirit sword and i snatched it back up real fast. Im sure its beyond painful to lose a Grief, but don't lose hope! Maybe we can get some people in the community to help get a new one!

UPDATES:
3hr after post:
Community Grief Complete! Thank you to the donators @Illdaren @Chronicle and MVP @Truscone for helping create the community Grief!

Special Mention: We had a 31/384 Grief we created and another member @PrincipalOShagH generously offered up his 37/359 Grief for the higher IAS since it was more important for Bryght's build. :D

1d after post:
@Bryght has been given his new Grief and responded on Page 5 of this thread. :D

Teebling 5818Admin

Europe PC
I say we gather the runes and base to make a new (better) Grief for our friend @Bryght and donate it to him so that he can play again. Everyone knows not to drop items in games but this seems like a genuine mistake.

We know its legit because he shared multiple screenshots (which the mods had to remove so that the accused remains anonymous).

It's not much, but I will keep an eye out for the base, and can pony up the low runes and the
Mal
for a new Grief. It's the only
Mal
I've got, but... that is so unfortunate, I'll help how I can.

Sorceress Americas PC
thraxismodarodan wrote: 2 years ago
It's not much, but I will keep an eye out for the base, and can pony up the low runes and the
Mal
for a new Grief. It's the only
Mal
I've got, but... that is so unfortunate, I'll help how I can.
Thank you for your donation!

Bryght wrote: 2 years ago
Hey guys...

I was running a
Baal
Berserk
Caster Amulet
Teleport

Stygian Fury
Energy Shield

Horadric Cube

Key

Throne of Destruction
Blade Of Ali Baba
in the off-hand.

Lo

charm.png
I'm sorry this happened to you. There is a reason why I only play with people I trust though. About three weeks ago I accidentally dropped a
Harlequin Crest
on the Ground while doing cows. I was only playing with one other person. When it dropped, I frantically tried to click it, but died to cows. I was able to get back to it before the other person showed up, but I have trust with them anyway, so that trust didn't need to be tested. Things like this happen, unfortunately.

Wish you well in your future travels. May you encounter better people in your life.
If I find a 5 socket
Phase Blade
, I'll be happy to give it away

Should go faster than finding the
Lo
;)
I looked through my stuff. I have a 6os phase, not 5. And I don't have a
Lo
. However, I will donate PGems to the cause, and I will also donate an Amazon torch. 19/12. Just let me know if any of this helps.
I have 5 so
Phase Blade
and can share with u
Chronicle wrote: 2 years ago
I have 5 so
Phase Blade
and can share with u
Thanks man! We're discussing in the discord right now how to get him a
Lo

Sorceress Americas PC
I have 5 so
Phase Blade
and can share with u
Are you sure? your profile says you're on playstation and the OP is on PC.

Oof. I'm so sorry this happened to you.
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
I have 5 so
Phase Blade
and can share with u
yep, Im also have D2 on PC

Sorceress Americas PC
oh Sweet, that mean you can hop on over to PC and hand me the
Phase Blade
?

I have 5 so
Phase Blade
and can share with u
We really appreciate you.

Sorceress Americas PC
ok... just need that pesky
Lo
... anybody... lol

image.png

ok... just need that pesky
Lo
... anybody... lol

we are laughing3.gif
As I stated in the discord. I have nothing worth a
Lo
. Looks like we need to start "The Great
Lo
Initiative of 2021".
Krythic wrote: 2 years ago
I have 5 so
Phase Blade
and can share with u
We really appreciate you.
Either way, I'll never get myself Grief :)
Donating
Vex
to the cause

Sorceress Americas PC
DasMfer wrote: 2 years ago
Donating
Vex
to the cause
Very generous sir, we appreciate you!

Advertisment

Hide ads