Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   441 views

Description

I have some questions about charges (and items with charges):
1) Do summons de-spawn after an item with charges is removed? -I assume yes.
2) Does anything affects synergies/levels of summons made from charges? -I assume it only works when casted by appropriate class that has that skill in skill tree...
3) Is there a way to calculate online how much would it cost for 1 charge on an item when repairing it (or do I have to manually check in-game after using 1 said charge on each item)?

Thanks in advance! :)
Description by TheDoo

Can be used to make Runewords:

TheDoo 336

Europe PC
I have some questions about charges (and items with charges):
1) Do summons de-spawn after an item with charges is removed? -I assume yes.
2) Does anything affects synergies/levels of summons made from charges? -I assume it only works when casted by appropriate class that has that skill in skill tree...
3) Is there a way to calculate online how much would it cost for 1 charge on an item when repairing it (or do I have to manually check in-game after using 1 said charge on each item)?

Thanks in advance! :)
Answeredby Necrarch1 month agoGo to post
1- If your last item providing the skill is removed, your summoned with charge minion dies indeed.

2- Synergies Passive buffs do work whatever the way you get them. If you get an item with Golem Mastery oskill (I think it does NOT exist, but just for the example) and a Metalgrid, your +to Golem Mastery will be kept on your Golem AND you can them remove the item providing Mastery (but do remember that Golem is respawned every game so you'd better put back the Mastery before quitting).

3- Not that I know, but not sure of this, apart from "damn expensive for the use" :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Necrarch 1823Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
1- If your last item providing the skill is removed, your summoned with
Charge
minion dies indeed.

2- Synergies Passive buffs do work whatever the way you get them. If you get an item with
Golem Mastery
oskill (I think it does NOT exist, but just for the example) and a
Metalgrid
, your +to
Golem Mastery
will be kept on your Golem AND you can them remove the item providing Mastery (but do remember that Golem is respawned every game so you'd better put back the Mastery before quitting).

3- Not that I know, but not sure of this, apart from "damn expensive for the use" :)
This post was marked as the best answer.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

TheDoo 336

Europe PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 month ago
2- Synergies do work whatever the way you get them. If you get an item with
Golem Mastery
Metalgrid
, your +to
Golem Mastery
will be kept on your Golem AND you can them remove the item providing Mastery (but do remember that Golem is respawned every game so you'd better put back the Mastery before quitting).
But it only works for Oskills right? I'm asking this because I read somewhere (can't really remember where) that if you have an Oskill that you are using and you equip something with +skill even tho it's from different class and you can't use that particular skill it still provides the synergy for the Oskill. For example, if you'd have Passion on a Barb and used
Zeal
skill if you would equip something like a
Scepter
that adds +3
Sacrifice
(Paladin only) even tho you couldn't use
Sacrifice
as a skill on your Barb it would still provide that bonus as a synergy to
Zeal
because
Zeal
is Oskill. I know it sounded really odd when I read that, like it doesn't sound right, but who am I to question it (I am kinda questioning it's validity rn)...

Or in my case, I'm asking if that's true, does it also work for charges as well? For example, in my case, if I were to equip Crescent Moon on Necro and
Summon Spirit Wolf
from charges, would it be beneficial to also use, for example, +3 Summoning skills (Druid)
Tiara
or +3 Summoning skills (Druid)
Club
on the swap or something? Or that simply doesn't work like that for sort of speaking 'pre-buffing charges'?

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Schnorki 3357Moderator

PC
TheDoo wrote: 1 month ago
Necrarch wrote: 1 month ago
2- Synergies do work whatever the way you get them. If you get an item with
Golem Mastery
Metalgrid
, your +to
Golem Mastery
But it only works for Oskills right? I'm asking this because I read somewhere (can't really remember where) that if you have an Oskill that you are using and you equip something with +skill even tho it's from different class and you can't use that particular skill it still provides the synergy for the Oskill. For example, if you'd have Passion on a Barb and used
Zeal
skill if you would equip something like a
Scepter
that adds +3
Sacrifice
(Paladin only) even tho you couldn't use
Sacrifice
as a skill on your Barb it would still provide that bonus as a synergy to
Zeal
because
Zeal
is Oskill. I know it sounded really odd when I read that, like it doesn't sound right, but who am I to question it (I am kinda questioning it's validity rn)...

Or in my case, I'm asking if that's true, does it also work for charges as well? For example, in my case, if I were to equip Crescent Moon on Necro and
Summon Spirit Wolf
from charges, would it be beneficial to also use, for example, +3 Summoning skills (Druid)
Tiara
or +3 Summoning skills (Druid)
Club
on the swap or something? Or that simply doesn't work like that for sort of speaking 'pre-buffing charges'?
You're looking at 2 different things here. Or...3 I guess.

1) Class restricted means class restricted. So xyz (class abc only) won't help you on a different class.

2) A theoretical non-restricted
Golem Mastery
as necrarch mentioned should apply to you on any class and grant the related benefits if you're able to summon a golem.

3) Your
Zeal
/
Sacrifice
example is quite different from the above.
Golem Mastery
is a bonus/passive buff, meaning it applies based on the current level of
Golem Mastery
and that's it.
Sacrifice
for
Zeal
however isn't a passive buff but a synergy. Synergies in general (excluding summon druid special treatment) do not work with +skill from items, regardless of whether that's a class restricted +skill or not. They only consider hard points invested into the skill granting the synergy bonus. Even as a pally, your
Zeal
wouldn't be improved by a +3
Sacrifice
item. You'd need to actually invest the hard points.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
OP

TheDoo 336

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 month ago

3) Your
Zeal
/
Sacrifice
Golem Mastery
Golem Mastery
and that's it.
Sacrifice
for
Zeal
however isn't a passive buff but a synergy. Synergies in general (excluding summon druid special treatment) do not work with +skill from items, regardless of whether that's a class restricted +skill or not. They only consider hard points invested into the skill granting the synergy bonus. Even as a pally, your
Zeal
Sacrifice
I see. So it's not true what I read, still can't remember where it was, on some D2 site. I definitely remember it saying you can get synergy bonuses on off-class skills if you combine +skill from items and you use at least 1 Oskill which will be buffed (if skills correlate). But thanks for clarifying that for me, that myth is busted I guess. I thought so too because that felt like an illogical thing to be honest but I couldn't test that even if I had opportunity because of lack of in-game info.
Thank you and Necrarch for your help :)

Fully investing in
Rabies
increases the poison damage of
Poison Creeper
that is summoned from the
Carrion Wind
ring, right?

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
Yes, synergies work regardless of the synergized skill source.
3) Your
Zeal
/
Sacrifice
Golem Mastery
Golem Mastery
and that's it.
Sacrifice
for
Zeal
Zeal
Sacrifice
Trang Oul wrote: 1 month ago
I believe, like how Schnorki said, you don't get synergy bonuses from item based + to skills. Like the infamous +3
Vigor
/+3 hammers scepters. Your hammers wouldn't benefit from the +3 to
Vigor
. Only your
Vigor
itself would benefit from that.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

Schnorki 3357Moderator

PC
Knappogue wrote: 1 month ago
3) Your
Zeal
/
Sacrifice
Golem Mastery
Golem Mastery
and that's it.
Sacrifice
for
Zeal
Zeal
Sacrifice
Trang Oul wrote: 1 month ago
I believe, like how Schnorki said, you don't get synergy bonuses from item based + to skills. Like the infamous +3
Vigor
/+3 hammers scepters. Your hammers wouldn't benefit from the +3 to
Vigor
. Only your
Vigor
itself would benefit from that.
I believe Trang is talking about the reverse.

E.g. say you're a sorc with 20 pts put into
Ice Bolt
and nothing else. You then equip a staff with +3 blizzard.
- Your
Ice Bolt
will still do the same damage as before because the +3 blizzard off the staff do not grant a synergy bonus to it as they are not hard points.
- Your lvl 3 blizzard however, even though you're granted that only by your staff will get the full 20 pt synergy bonus from your
Ice Bolt
as those are hard points.
- Or to double up: If you were to use a staff with +3 blizz/+3
Ice Bolt
instead (if such a staff existed that is ^^), you'd get a lvl 23 bolt with still no synergy bonus whatsoever and a lvl 3 blizzard with a synergy bonus granted by your 20 hard pts in bolt but not increased any further by the extra +3 to
Ice Bolt
off the staff.

Or more generally speaking:
Hard points invested into synergy bonus granting skills will grant that bonus to all applicable skills, even those you only obtain via items.
Soft points (granted by items, shrines, buffs, ..) added to a synergy bonus granting skill however will NOT grant that bonus to any skills, regardless of exact source, as they are not hard points.
(With summon druids again remaining the exception)

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
OP

TheDoo 336

Europe PC
Yeah hard points as synergies feel like a good logic to me as well... It would be absolutely odd to be able to circumvent the "(class only)" part like that.

So hypothetically just to summarize, if there was an item that had charges on for example
Werewolf
and you were a Sorc using Beast the +
Lycanthropy
from Beast would add it's bonus and synergies to your wolf form even tho it's from charges? But if you were to put also Metamorphosis it wouldn't benefit you regarding to skills, only the Mark effect I assume?

P.S. Another question that just popped on my mind is: Is it really impossible to recharge charges on ethereal items? For example you have an Oath in eth-base, it's ethereal and indestructible however if you use some of it's charges you can replenish them at any cost. Right? Buggers!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation