Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
33 replies   7244 views

Description

I've been playing 5 days a week for the last 3 weeks on average 5 hours a day (currently don't have a job) and I have yet to find a hr. I've tried many different places. Most people I talk to have found at least 5.

I've ran:
-countless cow runs
-Chaos
-wts
-pindle
-trav
-council
-the pit
-
Ancient Tunnels

-arcane/summoner
-andy
-meph

I understand that it's all RNG and you want to farm areas with large amounts of enemies. I also know super chests have a better chance of dropping hr's also.

Do I just have terrible luck?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

I've been playing 5 days a week for the last 3 weeks on average 5 hours a day (currently don't have a job) and I have yet to find a hr. I've tried many different places. Most people I talk to have found at least 5.

I've ran:
-countless cow runs
-Chaos
-wts
-pindle
-trav
-council
-the pit
-
Ancient Tunnels

-arcane/summoner
-andy
-meph

I understand that it's all RNG and you want to farm areas with large amounts of enemies. I also know super chests have a better chance of dropping hr's also.

Do I just have terrible luck?
I've found 3. One was
Sur
from Trav. I also got
Ohm
and
Lo
in cows. I play three days a week for a long time and a little bit here and there the rest of the week. Right now I'm on a two week dry spell of seeing anything drop =/>
Mal

It is all RNG but maximizing the RNG imo comes down to running efficiently and knowing what else holds value. I'm sure a lot of people never see a
Ber
rune and feed
Charsi
a socket base or small charm with similar value.

BillyMaysed 2186Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
You're doing everything right. Ive played every single day since launch, At least 4-5 hours a day, highest ive gotten is an
Ist
and thats only from a Hell forge.

Finding an HR is like winning a mini lottery. With enough people playing theres bound to be plenty of people who find HRs, but on average? very few people will ever touch one, even those who play a fair bit. you'll need to get super lucky or acquire lots of decent items to trade up for just one. The range in this game is bonkers.

I usually MF like this: Andy > Count > Summoner > Meph > Pindle > Eldritch > Shenk > Nithalak

Ive found a
Shako
, 5 Gheeds,
Andariel's Visage
, 4-5 of each
Key
, Tals amy/
Helm
, trang set, aldurs set, few
Ist
/
Um
/
Pul
/mals and made myself some mediocre runewords like Crescent Moon and Obedience.

same here, best I got is
Pul
, just bad luck, or normal luck for hr , because people who got high runes have great luck
I've played with 2 or 3 people in party since launch. Same amount of hours as you.
Found 1
Lo
, 1
Vex
and 1
Ohm
so far. That's it.
The really frustrating thing is, that all the "normal" items have dropped in value so drastically, that the chances of ever getting a HRword are getting worse by the week.
People don't understand how much others are actually playing when they talk about farming and finding HR.

For example Billy says hes played several hours a day since launch and only found 4-5 keys. Someone who's dedicated to farming and spending their time strictly hard farming and not casually hanging with Friends, helping with other etc can find 4-5 keys in a few hours so theres definitely something wrong with that picture or you guys simply aren't farming as much as you think.
Glomp wrote: 2 years ago
I've played with 2 or 3 people in party since launch. Same amount of hours as you.
Found 1
Lo
, 1
Vex
and 1
Ohm
so far. That's it.
The really frustrating thing is, that all the "normal" items have dropped in value so drastically, that the chances of ever getting a HRword are getting worse by the week.
D2's itemization is kind of bad because runewords are just overpowered.

90% of uniques are not end game viable and even ones that are usually aren't BIS because a runeword is. So once people progress there becomes a point where high runewords are the only way they can upgrade. It sucks.

Sorceress Americas PC
kevdrogo wrote: 2 years ago
For example Billy says hes played several hours a day since launch and only found 4-5 keys. Someone who's dedicated to farming and spending their time strictly hard farming and not casually hanging with Friends, helping with other etc can find 4-5 keys in a few hours so theres definitely something wrong with that picture or you guys simply aren't farming as much as you think.
I've been playing 4-5 hours a day. Not straight farming keys 4-5 hours a day. lol. I'll be first to admit i hate farming and dont spend much time doing just pure farming. But you are still killing tons of stuff and finding loot even if you aren't "farming" specifically.

I have had super bad luck with keys though. I did over 100
Key
runs for each and only got 4-5 when the drop chance is 1:10-ish. :(

A factor I haven't seen mentioned here is efficiency. At the end of the day it is and always will be RNG. However, statistically speaking, if
you spend those 5 hours a day more efficiently than someone else playing the same amount of time, on average, you will find the better loot. Now when I say on average, I am talking about thousands to tens of thousands of runs. That's why it's important to consider not only the areas to farm but also the speed at which you can clear them. I get that playing efficiently is not a style of play that everybody enjoys but if you want to maximize your drop chances this is the most important aspect you have control over.
Like everyone said, it's a combination of luck and how efficient you are, I was doing Chaos runs with 8p and a
Vex
dropped, then minutes later a
Lo
(I was able to snag)

And then one day I log on my switch, 1 min into a hell cow run I get a
Jah

Absolutely no logic here, but being super fast with your cow clears will help you. I go through times where I find nothing, and then days where I feel so lucky.

But more than anything, PLAY THE GAME IN A WAY YOU ENJOY THE MOST! THAT'S THE GOAL HERE!!!!

Peacku 186

Sorceress Europe PC
I've played this game almost exclusively since launch, maybe 5 hours a day more or less and the highest rune I dropped was a
Gul
in
The Arcane Sanctuary
and a
Mal
at Nihlatak's. Both dropped literally happened yesterday. Before that my highest drop was an
Um
from
The Countess
(which was already kinda lucky).
High runes are super rare but lots of people are playing this game, and lots of people playing this game have specific farming strategies which involve full 8 player games or super optimized setups.

I feel the frustration, but at the same time you can't count on those high end runewords, the game is still playable without them and when one day you can finally afford them or get lucky enough to drop them you'll be happy. If you dropped all your high runes by now would you still be playing this game?
In my experience, having started from launch, I took a different approach. I initially decided to just focus on countess runs for runes, doing hundreds of them, while killing the ghosts and other dense packs along the way, selling Spirit Monarchs and ignoring keys. Then I noticed that the keys were pretty valuable, so I started collecting them.

In my experience, it is possible to consistently get a
Mal
a day at least in keys/runes, and some days are very interesting (
Ist
, BK, SOJ,...).

From HRs, got lucky with
The Countess
and got the
Lo
she drops, a
Sur
in a devilkin, and a
Gul
from a ghost.

Even with the very slim margin of a
Mal
a day, I was able to buy nice (not GG) items for my barb and socceress.

Now I just do
Travincal
runs with my
Frenzy
horking barb, and while he is not as profitable (
Lem
and like 10
Ko
runes), its very fun.

This game really rewards repetition and commitment. There can be weeks without notable drops, and then other weeks you will see, when you least expect it, that HR you were looking for. Just keep going hard, but always have fun (I don't do cows cuz of that).

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
Honestly, some days just suck and some days are very lucky. Two days ago, I farmed and got nothing. Yesterday, I got a
Vex
Ohm
, and my brother found a
Cham
all in one game. Logged off and farmed my first game a few hours later and got a
Sur
. I made a new game and then I got a
Shako
. So, in a total of farming 3 games, I got a
Vex
Ohm
Sur
, and
Shako
in one day. Yesterday was the luckiest I've ever been.
OP
I don't spend the collective 5 hours a day farming the same things. I like to switch it up. For a while I was doing bosses. Then just
Key
runs. After that I was doing The pit, cows, arcane and Chaos. Focusing on those high traffic areas haven't really netted me anything so I get discourage and go back to boss farming. The loot that's dropped has been alright but the stats are usually shit and don't go for more than a
Mal
. I've been "lucky" enough to get a decent amount of keys from
The Countess
as well as some ists but so far it's been enough to build my sorc.

I guess I'm just frustrated because like I said, most people I talk to have found 5 or 6 hr's in the last little while and I'm hammering the same areas and coming up empty handed. It's been a major grind and would be nice for it to be rewarded lol. First world problems but w/e
Just terrible RnG man. Itll get better
Beeker88 wrote: 2 years ago
I don't spend the collective 5 hours a day farming the same things. I like to switch it up. For a while I was doing bosses. Then just
Key
runs. After that I was doing The pit, cows, arcane and Chaos. Focusing on those high traffic areas haven't really netted me anything so I get discourage and go back to boss farming. The loot that's dropped has been alright but the stats are usually shit and don't go for more than a
Mal
. I've been "lucky" enough to get a decent amount of keys from
The Countess
as well as some ists but so far it's been enough to build my sorc.

I guess I'm just frustrated because like I said, most people I talk to have found 5 or 6 hr's in the last little while and I'm hammering the same areas and coming up empty handed. It's been a major grind and would be nice for it to be rewarded lol. First world problems but w/e

Play the game to play the game.

I don't know why everyone treats it as some kind of race or competition to find the most HR.

I've had good luck but guess what, now I legitimately don't know what the purpose of the game is anymore.

Just don't stress yourself over things you can't control such as RNG, find a reason to play the game that makes it fun for you and eventually, with time, you'll get your HRs or whatever you're after.

And please keep in mind too, people bullshit all the time, especially online and yes about finding HRs. Why? Who knows.
Just don't let it bother you man.

Sorceress Americas PC
I don't know why everyone treats it as some kind of race or competition to find the most HR.
This x1000.

I HATE farming. absolutely loath it. Its just super repetitive regardless of where you do it and then it feels like D3. lol.

I like to stack 250-300 MF early right when i get to NM on all characters and then i "MF" while i play. Im an altaholic and have 17 characters so i find most of my good stuff just playing the game. I'll only do 5-10 MF runs before wanting to pull my hair out. So ive only done like 100ish total MF runs since launch. lol

I personally hate MF-builds (0-100mf max), I always trust on my luck & killing speed with full damage build. So far on d2r found every rune at least once, except
Cham
&
Zod
but hey, I dont want to see those runes on my screen anyway. ;)
I was kinda in your boat for a while. Played a sorc, than made the usual andy/mefi combo to gear up with decen/mf gear. Got some luck with early occy/shacko. After that started doind the MF runs andy/mefi/AT. ( I play usually around ~15h a week max) And the problem with that was that after +/- 2-3 weeks since launch all the gear other that runewords and a few selected cost almost nothing.

So ligically speaking spending 15h/week on farming "MF gear" to get let's say an
Ist
to
Gul
value is rather not impressing. In comparison on average you need 6h on Chaos/Travi/Cows to get a HR. I wanted to test it out. For the last week and a half done a barb and went to travi. Made ~600 Travi Runs for my goal - Enigma. Got
Cham
Ohm
Sur
Lo
Ber
and a few lower runes like
Mal
Um
's,
Pul
's and 4-5 of
Ko
Lum
and a
Fal
. So in term's of making value it's about constantly doing spots that have a high chance of getting you runes: Travi (for barb horker) , CS, Cows,
Arcane Sanctuary
(Ghosts) and
Lower Kurast
on high player games. Luck is of course still a factor but on average you have much higher chances to get the runes there.
Glomp wrote: 2 years ago
Found 1
Lo
, 1
Vex
and 1
Ohm
so far. That's it.
D2's itemization is kind of bad because runewords are just overpowered.

90% of uniques are not end game viable and even ones that are usually aren't BIS because a runeword is. So once people progress there becomes a point where high runewords are the only way they can upgrade. It sucks.
90% of rune words aren't best in slot either - even those consisting of multiple high runes.

Problem is not itemization. Every item cannot be good in end-game. Problem is people skipping most of the game that would use these items. Mostly players only start playing the game at lvl 75-80, only season start being exception.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...