Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
40 replies   4278 views

Description

Hi Guys,

so this is my first post here, and I'm not sure how long this thread will become.
I've been doing quite a lot of LK runs with my sorceress recently, and since my findings were quite nice I thought I should share it with you, also since I found out that D2R fans love statistics :)
I already did a few hundred runs, found my
Shako
, Oculus, several pieces of Trang's,
Tal
's and so on, 1 BK ring, loads of nice charms including skillers, and rune-wise I found several Mals, 2
Vex
, a
Gul
, 3 Ists and even a
Ber
. Yet neither a
Lo
nor a
Sur
yet though.

By now, I found out that LK is quite a cool place not only to farm for runes, but cool items as well quite easily, though it's quite tedious (which is not that big of an issue for me, but for most others). I plan to sum up my findings here and the coolest drops I plan to post with a screenshot.

It is important to note that I not only do the super chests, but all poppables in LK in every run (besides killing monsters), and that I found almost all of my HRs from skeletons, logs and normal chests. I find it a very good farming spot since there are so many things to pop in LK, you can just
Teleport
around and do one after the other. Also you get quite nice socket bases from the racks.

My goal for the runs by now is basically to get 3 Bers for Enigma. Yep, I want to cube 2 Bers into a
Jah
, and I don't feel very comfortable with it since you can also make Infinity with it and I don't yet have one. I'm not big with rune words yet at all, my best is a Duress by now tbh and I didn't do any Uber runs yet. Also, I do only single player and hence no trades. I love my Summon Necro, and aim to get my Enigma for him and then do Diablo &
Mephisto
runs like a madman with him. With my current equipment I don't feel very comfortable regarding these runs.

I'm still wondering weather it's the better decision to make Infinity or Enigma first. With Infinity I can do runs with my sorceress way easier, but Enigma makes my Necro far more potent... Hard decision, but first I should get my second
Ber
and then think about it again haha.

So enough talk, I'll be back to farming now. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to comment. Later!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi Guys,

so this is my first post here, and I'm not sure how long this thread will become.
I've been doing quite a lot of LK runs with my sorceress recently, and since my findings were quite nice I thought I should share it with you, also since I found out that D2R fans love statistics :)
I already did a few hundred runs, found my
Shako
, Oculus, several pieces of Trang's,
Tal
's and so on, 1 BK ring, loads of nice charms including skillers, and rune-wise I found several Mals, 2
Vex
, a
Gul
, 3 Ists and even a
Ber
. Yet neither a
Lo
nor a
Sur
yet though.

By now, I found out that LK is quite a cool place not only to farm for runes, but cool items as well quite easily, though it's quite tedious (which is not that big of an issue for me, but for most others). I plan to sum up my findings here and the coolest drops I plan to post with a screenshot.

It is important to note that I not only do the super chests, but all poppables in LK in every run (besides killing monsters), and that I found almost all of my HRs from skeletons, logs and normal chests. I find it a very good farming spot since there are so many things to pop in LK, you can just
Teleport
around and do one after the other. Also you get quite nice socket bases from the racks.

My goal for the runs by now is basically to get 3 Bers for Enigma. Yep, I want to cube 2 Bers into a
Jah
, and I don't feel very comfortable with it since you can also make Infinity with it and I don't yet have one. I'm not big with rune words yet at all, my best is a Duress by now tbh and I didn't do any Uber runs yet. Also, I do only single player and hence no trades. I love my Summon Necro, and aim to get my Enigma for him and then do Diablo &
Mephisto
runs like a madman with him. With my current equipment I don't feel very comfortable regarding these runs.

I'm still wondering weather it's the better decision to make Infinity or Enigma first. With Infinity I can do runs with my sorceress way easier, but Enigma makes my Necro far more potent... Hard decision, but first I should get my second
Ber
and then think about it again haha.

So enough talk, I'll be back to farming now. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to comment. Later!
Do not cube 2
Ber
, trade one for a
Jah

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
OP
Steccothal wrote: 1 year ago
Do not cube 2
Ber
, trade one for a
Jah
I play single player only, no trades possible unfortunately
I see some things in a similar way. I think a summon necro and a hammerdin desperately need an Enigma.
makes a huge difference for repositioning your horde for the necro and positioning your merc and the hammers for the hammerdin.
maybe a summon druid because he do be running around with a whole zoo.

all others? meh.
they don't really *need* an Enigma, however it is a decent yet very expensive runeword.
the only two chars who *need* an Enigma without the hassle of switching gear all the time just to
Teleport
are the summon necro and the hammerdin imho.

Nate 527

Switch
Hey dude, I’m doing the same thing as you, solo offline, but I’m on console. Looks like we’re about at the same level too. If your gear is good enough to do your lk runs at players 7 it really helps. And yea I do all the pop-ables, the majority of my high runs were from them not the supers chests too. So far I’ve found ists, like 4
Vex
, an
Ohm
, and 2
Sur
(really want some Los).

If you haven’t made a hoto and cta, they really help and you can share with any future characters.

I also recommend getting a smiter up and running so you can farm torches (run him as a fohdin/hammeredin in until level 85ish).

Your sorc will be great for
Key
farming too, and it’ll help break up the monotony of hours of lk runs.

If you haven’t tried an act 5 merc, it’s a game changer. With a Treachery or
Guardian Angel
, decent
Helm
and Lawbringer and another decent sword he rarely dies and can take out anything that is immune to your spells. For
Nihlathak
I give mine double Lawbringer and just let him kill everything.

I may also make a barb for trav runs, which I’ve heard is better than lk, but it takes me about 3 days to bring a new char to lvl 85, plus I still don’t have all the barb gear I need.

The only other thing I’d recommend is every now and then decking out your sorc with mf gear and do a bunch of meph runs. I’ll do it with mine every now and then and within an hour or so I’ll usually find something worthwhile.

The grind is real, and it can get tough sometimes, the fomo sometimes gets the best of me, but it’s always a good idea to walk away from the game every now and then to give your brain a break haha. The good thing about solo offline is you don’t miss anything when your not playing.

Good luck!
OP
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
Hey dude, I’m doing the same thing as you, solo offline, but I’m on console. Looks like we’re about at the same level too. If your gear is good enough to do your lk runs at players 7 it really helps. And yea I do all the pop-ables, the majority of my high runs were from them not the supers chests too. So far I’ve found ists, like 4
Vex
, an
Ohm
, and 2
Sur
(really want some Los).

If you haven’t made a hoto and cta, they really help and you can share with any future characters.

I also recommend getting a smiter up and running so you can farm torches (run him as a fohdin/hammeredin in until level 85ish).

Your sorc will be great for
Key
farming too, and it’ll help break up the monotony of hours of lk runs.

If you haven’t tried an act 5 merc, it’s a game changer. With a Treachery or
Guardian Angel
, decent
Helm
and Lawbringer and another decent sword he rarely dies and can take out anything that is immune to your spells. For
Nihlathak
I give mine double Lawbringer and just let him kill everything.

I may also make a barb for trav runs, which I’ve heard is better than lk, but it takes me about 3 days to bring a new char to lvl 85, plus I still don’t have all the barb gear I need.

The only other thing I’d recommend is every now and then decking out your sorc with mf gear and do a bunch of meph runs. I’ll do it with mine every now and then and within an hour or so I’ll usually find something worthwhile.

The grind is real, and it can get tough sometimes, the fomo sometimes gets the best of me, but it’s always a good idea to walk away from the game every now and then to give your brain a break haha. The good thing about solo offline is you don’t miss anything when your not playing.

Good luck!
Still waiting for my Los and Surs, its gonna take forever haha. The grind is real...

HOTO and CTA - yep, I could make them, but at the moment they wouldn't help me. That's why I just keep the runes for now and make them later, I also have the bases already.

I have the Act 5 Merc on my agenda, only reason why I didn't try one out is that he can't use Insight weapons and Insight makes life so much easier as a sorceress... But for
Nihlathak
I will keep it in mind, thanks!

Trav might be better, but it's way more difficult than LK.I just keep dying all the time there and it's really not worthwhile for me by now. Lacking gear as well.

My Sorc has around 400% MF by now, no need to forther increase. I have Gheeds and use Wealth, a trople Perf Topas helmet, War Travelers, Chancies and Oculus. I think MF-wise I'm set up pretty well. But
Mephisto
takes too long for me, it's not very efficient and at the moment I'm fine with only LK.

Good Luck to you too my friend! Keep me updated for gg drops!

Nate 527

Switch
I hear ya on the Insight dependance, it’s like a drug. I don’t know what your level or build is, but I bet if you get past 85, your using a
Shako
, Spirit, and make yourself a cta, you won’t even need to pot on most runs (my cta rolled anti-perfect and it’s still great to have). The hoto does some major help with fcr and res too (though an occy is almost just as good). Getting over the 105 fcr does make a difference!

Mephisto
runs should be a breeze for you (depending on your build), but I definitely recommend adding them to your rotation! - you can reduce to ~250 mf to get your res up without major impact on drop rate.

I run an orb
Hydra
sorc (with
Static Field
to take out 50% boss life) because I can’t target like on a computer, so if you can blizzard, that’s definitely the best dps for a sorc, and should be able to take out
Mephisto
on players 3 in ~8 casts of
Static Field
and finish off with your main skill.

But all that is just imao, even if you keep doing what your doing, you’ll be fine!
OP
I hear ya on the Insight dependance, it’s like a drug. I don’t know what your level or build is, but I bet if you get past 85, your using a
Shako
, Spirit, and make yourself a cta, you won’t even need to pot on most runs (my cta rolled anti-perfect and it’s still great to have). The hoto does some major help with fcr and res too (though an occy is almost just as good). Getting over the 105 fcr does make a difference!

Mephisto
runs should be a breeze for you (depending on your build), but I definitely recommend adding them to your rotation! - you can reduce to ~250 mf to get your res up without major impact on drop rate.

I run an orb
Hydra
sorc (with
Static Field
to take out 50% boss life) because I can’t target like on a computer, so if you can blizzard, that’s definitely the best dps for a sorc, and should be able to take out
Mephisto
Static Field

But all that is just imao, even if you keep doing what your doing, you’ll be fine!
I indeed have a blizzard Sorc, will think about doung Meph runs. I'll keep you updated, maybe I won't even have a problem with doing Meph with an Insight Act 3 Merc. Now that I think about it there shouldn't even be a reason why it should be too difficult...
OP
Today was quite funny. I did 45 big runs popping everything except for baskets. I didn't find too much good stuff at first, except for a
Shako
- my second one.

A big bummer was a rare
Spiderweb Sash
with 36 durability... Oh man, I don't have an
Arachnid Mesh
yet and the game wanted to give me one, but couldn't. In my last run I got my first
String of Ears
though, which is at least something and I'm not bad off with my
Goldwrap
after all.

Until run 41 I only got an
Ist
rune, and got a bit desperate. But then I got Eschuta's and a
Vex
rune within the same run
, which was friggin awesome!

Not much more, and still have to keep waiting for
Lo
and
Sur
runes, but that was rather okay.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
WilburWhateley wrote: 1 year ago
Shako

Mephisto

I run an orb
Hydra
sorc (with
Static Field
Mephisto
Static Field

I indeed have a blizzard Sorc, will think about doung Meph runs. I'll keep you updated, maybe I won't even have a problem with doing Meph with an Insight Act 3 Merc. Now that I think about it there shouldn't even be a reason why it should be too difficult...
How the hell are you getting Insight on an act 3 merc?!
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Shako

Mephisto

I run an orb
Hydra
sorc (with
Static Field
Mephisto
Static Field

Act 2, typo :)

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago

Act 2, typo :)
Figured. But bummer.. I would love me an Insight sword :D

Nate 527

Switch
I know this is primarily about LK runs, but I was doing a few meph runs, about 45 mins in with nothing but a
Lum
rune to show for it, getting ready to head back to LK, when an ethereal
Gimmershred
drops! -insert omg meme, because I’m not tech savy enough to do it myself

I have another none-
Eth
one, but now I’m thinking a
Double Throw
barn is much more realistic in my near future!
I like the idea in general, teleporting around with 700 mf not caring about mobs and just looting :D

Nate 527

Switch
I just found a
Gul
then 2 runs later an
Ohm
!!

Again both from pop-ables in
Lower Kurast
, not the super chests.

Players 7 FTW!

Now I just need to figure out what I want first: Grief or fort... probably a Grief
OP
Nice, I’m jealous. I got an
Ohm
Rune from a trash mob in the tower a few weeks ago, that was probably my most ridiculous find haha
Ohm
Rune from a trash mob in the tower a few weeks ago, that was probably my most ridiculous find haha
in my experience that's kind of normal. most of my stuff I get on the way to somewhere rather than in the final place itself. my first
Jah
rune dropped on my way to
The Countess
from the ghosts in level5 on the left, the first mob I hit in act1 hell dropped a
Shako
, a
Cham
rune in cs from a demon knight, a
Lo
rune from a trash mob on the way to nihl... and so on.

OP
Crispin wrote: 1 year ago
Ohm
in my experience that's kind of normal. most of my stuff I get on the way to somewhere rather than in the final place itself. my first
Jah
rune dropped on my way to
The Countess
from the ghosts in level5 on the left, the first mob I hit in act1 hell dropped a
Shako
, a
Cham
rune in cs from a demon knight, a
Lo
rune from a trash mob on the way to nihl... and so on.
Jah
from a trash mob I’m act 1? I thought they can’t drop
Jah
at all 😮
well, yes. it did. a
Jah
rune. act 1 level 5 in the tower. from a ghost. lower left side :D

oh my... I even made a screenshot because I was astonished. totally forgot I made a screenshot.

OP
Wow, probably because it was a boss pack. Interesting!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...