Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   4454 views

Is there a way to build reputation on this forum for things like being paid to run ubers or rushing?

No data yet

Description

I have had a lot of people ask me for validation in some form of forum reputation before they trust me running their ubers for them.

Is there any way to receive reputation for this on diablo2.io like you do for trades?

Thanks

Can be used to make Runewords:

I have had a lot of people ask me for validation in some form of forum reputation before they trust me running their ubers for them.

Is there any way to receive reputation for this on diablo2.io like you do for trades?

Thanks

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Yes sir that is what the Trust System is for. Whenever you complete a trade through D2io the buyer and seller can earn a Trust point. We even have a Trust leaderboard under Trade Stats: The level next to your name in the forums is the "forum level" and is increased by simply posting more.

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Yeah but trust requires you to close out the trade. Otherwise Im pretty sure I'd be winning lmao.

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
xSD wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah but trust requires you to close out the trade. Otherwise Im pretty sure I'd be winning lmao.
@Consci0us , to @xSD 's point, you could also make an Uber Service thread and charge little to nothing for some good reviews you can show off?

I've also noticed that Trust requires the other party giving it to you. Even if you make a good trade, they might not know how or feel like giving you trust.

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Happened to me, made a trade and gave a trust, didn't get one in return.

For things like player services I saw people streaming the service to the other person, that might help with trust if you're able to stream on Discord or sth.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
tatatat wrote: 2 years ago
I've also noticed that Trust requires the other party giving it to you. Even if you make a good trade, they might not know how or feel like giving you trust.
I've done at least 50 trades, buying and selling, and I think I've gotten +Trust on every single one - just look at the example screenshot above. Maybe I've missed one or two, but for the most part, if you remind people, they'll Trust you. Assuming no sketchy shenaniganery!

The issue with some trades is that they're recurring - someone who farms Keys of Hate a whole bunch might not want to remake the trade every time they sell one batch. However, that's how the Trust system works, so those sellers might do a dozen trades without getting Trust at all.

Getting onto that +Trust leaderboard is a challenge, though... I'll get there one of these days!

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
I think for OP's case where it's a permanent 'service' listing that doesn't expire (and is therefore never closed and therefore cannot leverage the trust mechanic) - what I've seen the most successful people doing is this:
  • Asking people to 'like' the first post
  • Asking people to leave reviews on the listing
Whether listers are doing that by asking or if people are just naturally doing that I don't know, but that seems to be the trend to fill the gap of the trust system in this niche use case.

Potential way I can develop multi trust for services type topics in the future but for now that's what peeps are doing to build reputation for uber rushes etc.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...