Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   2066 views

Description

Hello everyone. I have been assuming that mercenaries can wear any type of armor and that their movement speed is not reduced. However, in a recent discussion (post1998566.html#p1998566) I was told that this may not be the case. Can anyone confirm or deny that mercenaries have a movement penalty when wearing medium/heavy armors?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello everyone. I have been assuming that mercenaries can wear any type of armor and that their movement speed is not reduced. However, in a recent discussion (post1998566.html#p1998566) I was told that this may not be the case. Can anyone confirm or deny that mercenaries have a movement penalty when wearing medium/heavy armors?
Answeredby Sekraan2 years agoGo to post
Amazon Basin says yes: https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/ind ... nary_Facts

That jibes with my general recollection. Though in practice it's not a huge deal. It's still worthwhile to stick beefiest armor on them.

Mercs teleport to you when out of range. And when they're walking they typically head in the least helpful direction, so slower speed isn't a problem!

Teleport from Enigma/Sorc makes it wholly irrelevant.
Amazon Basin says yes: https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/ind ... nary_Facts

That jibes with my general recollection. Though in practice it's not a huge deal. It's still worthwhile to stick beefiest armor on them.

Mercs
Teleport
to you when out of range. And when they're walking they typically head in the least helpful direction, so slower speed isn't a problem!

Teleport
from Enigma/Sorc makes it wholly irrelevant.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Schnorki 3174Moderator

PC
Sekraan wrote: 2 years ago
... And when they're walking they typically head in the least helpful direction, so slower speed isn't a problem! ...
It's sad how true that is.

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I love
Teleport
because it lets me pick up my merc and drop him precisely where I want him to stand

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
Wonder how much the game would change if there was a simple 'go here' or 'attack that' button for summons and mercs.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly through Battle.net if you're interested in one of my items, especially if I don't respond immediately to a thread I've posted.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation