Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
32 replies   3482 views

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago

Play your 75hz display back to back with something like 144hz. It's a dramatic difference. Its not going to make you any better at the game, but get you a high refresh display and tell me its not better to look at.
Actually, high fps isn't always better. That is a highly subjective thing. There are quite a lot of ppl out there (me included) who have motion sickness issues with higher fps. In many games I much prefer 30 fps over 60+ simply because it makes me uncomfortable. That's why nowadays many games have the option to lock framerates at lower values that match local tv refresh rates. Ppl are used to that and 25 or 30hz rarely causes issues anymore.

Everybody perceives the impact of higher fps a little different. The one thing I will agree with is that higher fps usually means more responsive controls and less input lag (not always though).

Teebling 6696Admin

Europe PC
Sorry to be that guy but what do you think is the 'sweet spot' for D2 at the end of the day in terms of screen size and resolution? I've heard that 144hz 4k running at 60 fps is the best it gets.

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Sorry to be that guy but what do you think is the 'sweet spot' for D2 at the end of the day in terms of screen size and resolution? I've heard that 144hz 4k running at 60 fps is the best it gets.
There is no cookie cutter answer to this question I'm afraid. Viewing distance and viewing angle play a huge role as well as room lighting. I'm a couch gamer these days. I play on a 65" OLED screen at about 3m (10ft) viewing distance in a darkened room. 60hz works perfectly fine for D2 for me, not so for some other games (mostly fast paced 1st person games).

For viewing distance and screen size there are plenty guides out there. In general a lot of what applies to improving movie experiences will also apply to gaming on a "big" screen (compared to a computer monitor).

As for the "sweet spot" ..... I imagine one of those 85" 8k NEO QLED screens would be mindblowing. I recently had the chance to see one of those (calibrated) in action and that was quite breathtaking. D2R on a screen like that would rock at 3-4m viewing distance in a dark room. In most environments 65" OLED should be plenty good though.
27" Screen at 2560x1440 resolution with 144+ Refresh rate and IPS panel GSYNC is best IMO with compatible GFX card.

BillyMaysed 2253Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Play your 75hz display back to back with something like 144hz. It's a dramatic difference. Its not going to make you any better at the game, but get you a high refresh display and tell me its not better to look at.
I would have to compare with another 65" TV. because i have a 27" monitor that has 144hz and i notice no difference with D2R looking any smoother. Probably because the game still runs at 25fps underneath.

Beardozer 457Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
I would have to compare with another 65" TV. because i have a 27" monitor that has 144hz and i notice no difference with D2R looking any smoother. Probably because the game still runs at 25fps underneath.
Its not a mechanics or game engine thing. 75hz displays look like a slide show in comparison to higher refresh rates.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

Sorceress Americas PC
Its not a mechanics or game engine thing. 75hz displays look like a slide show in comparison to higher refresh rates.
didnt really seem that noticeable to me. 60fps still looked like 60fps. /shrug

Maybe if i compared to a 65" with 144hz, but that would be like $8000 lol.

My CRG9 is 120Hz, but my laptop is 144Hz - and while D2R runs at what is effectively 4k on the CRG9, the laptop screen is 1080p. On a good day, the CRG9 will hit 80 FPS, but the laptop screen hovers around 140-144 at pretty much all times. The screen sizes aren't that different, but boy oh boy is there a visible difference. If I'm playing trapsin, I'll often prefer to run the game on the smaller screen just for the buttery-smooth framerate. Sorceress, on the other hand... Blizzard/
Meteor
spam be crashing the framerate down to ~100Hz regardless, so it doesn't really matter.

Also, last I checked, TV prices have come down a TON, so it'd be roughly $4500. Which is, y'know, still not cheap.

Sorceress Americas PC
thraxismodarodan wrote: 2 years ago
My CRG9 is 120Hz, but my laptop is 144Hz - and while D2R runs at what is effectively 4k on the CRG9, the laptop screen is 1080p. On a good day, the CRG9 will hit 80 FPS, but the laptop screen hovers around 140-144 at pretty much all times. The screen sizes aren't that different, but boy oh boy is there a visible difference. If I'm playing trapsin, I'll often prefer to run the game on the smaller screen just for the buttery-smooth framerate. Sorceress, on the other hand... Blizzard/
Meteor
spam be crashing the framerate down to ~100Hz regardless, so it doesn't really matter.
Maybe im just so used to playing the OG D2 that with the new graphics i dont even care to get all crazy with the FPS or refresh rate. It all seems amazingly beautiful to me. lol

My biggest pitfall right now its my horrid GPU because i refuse to pay $1300 just for a 3060. i can't get high enough FPS for it to matter anyways. lol

This is the way. Don't worry about it, just enjoy it!

And definitely do not pay scalpers for GPUs!
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago

Maybe im just so used to playing the OG D2 that with the new graphics i dont even care to get all crazy with the FPS or refresh rate. It all seems amazingly beautiful to me. lol
Have you ever seen a Lightning sorc use chain lighting in a really dark area (A2 tunnels for example, or
River of Flame
) on a big screen (possibly oled, but at least in HDR) in a dark room ? That looks effin' incredible .... the lighting details are nothing short of amazing. One of the reasons why I switched from Orb to lightning on my sorc :)
OP

rikus 141

Assassin Americas PC
I got myself https://www.amazon.com/LG-32UN500-W-Com ... B08FPLLX6Y(, but i need to pick it up first.

looking forward seeing that freesync tech on the works!

and those crazy details because its larger!

tomorrow, if I manage to pick it up before shop closes.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
OP

rikus 141

Assassin Americas PC
Hurray…
Now it seems my guy doesn’t has that strong power with that resolution 4k…
It kinda low fps.

But could be I need to plug it via display port and hdmi.
The bastards didn’t give me one.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...