Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   2782 views

Description

This morning I went to trade my 18/20 sorc torch for a hoto and a
Ohm
rune I checked items in trade screen and everything looked great except I had to put my zon torch away to grab the sorc torch. Not thinking I went back to trade screen put torch in as he put
Ohm
and
Flail
in, well, I'm a dumbass for not looking but it was literally just a
Flail
😔 I accepted trade and left game to take my son to school came home to put "hoto" on my druid and that's what I had. Smh I'm so sick of the scammers and shady people on D2R I'd say it's my fault but people should be more honest! If that was my son that happened to I'd be irate
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

This morning I went to trade my 18/20 sorc torch for a hoto and a
Ohm
rune I checked items in trade screen and everything looked great except I had to put my zon torch away to grab the sorc torch. Not thinking I went back to trade screen put torch in as he put
Ohm
and
Flail
in, well, I'm a dumbass for not looking but it was literally just a
Flail
😔 I accepted trade and left game to take my son to school came home to put "hoto" on my druid and that's what I had. Smh I'm so sick of the scammers and shady people on D2R I'd say it's my fault but people should be more honest! If that was my son that happened to I'd be irate

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Ya its really sad people still pull scams like this 20 years later. But scammers exist in every game, always triple check trades before accepting. even when its with your online "friends". A lot of us had to learn the hard way until it becomes a habit to be very cautious when trading. We have a 10 common scams thread you can check out to help people stay more aware.

A few weeks ago when I was looking to trade for an occy I had someone put a magic
Swirling Crystal
there with the same graphic. Wasn’t even a swap! Once you’ve been burnt you do learn to check. “I’ve been playing for 20years so I always check” I said

I didn’t mention 15 years ago feeling my gut turn over when I received a emeralded plain
Shako
. I still remember it today after weeks of standing in my “all for
Shako
” game .

This guy ended up apologising and gave me a free mid level rune as a “no hard feelings”

People still trying their luck. It really stings but who knows tomorrow you may find a
Ber
🤷‍♂️ Things come around again

Renton212#2452
Damn yeah sorry that happened to you. People do that. Haha, imagine being so desperate to be wealthy IN A VIDEO GAME, that you actively scam others.

Always check trade items every time before accept. ;/
OP
At least I got the
Ohm
I guess. I just started playing hardcore I'm over all the shady people I had to grind so hard for unids off a buddy to get that torch then go for hot and get effed lol lesson learned

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
NODRULE wrote: 2 years ago
Damn yeah sorry that happened to you. People do that. Haha, imagine being so desperate to be wealthy IN A VIDEO GAME, that you actively scam others.

Always check trade items every time before accept. ;/
There also enough people who do it because of the thrill of stealing and scaming and not because they want to be wealthy in a game. And they do it in a video game where they don't have to face real consequences in contrast to real life like stealing in a store. Video games are a place to play out their fantasy and for some it is stealing and decieving like for other is dominating in pvp. It is shit of course and shouldn't be tolerated but in the anonymous internet they do not care as long they get their fun.
What goes around, comes around - it's as simple as that. Whenever you do shit to other people, it will come back to you multiplied by 10 at some point, so that little weasel will harvest some of that juicy negative karma at the end of it all...

It's a good think you've made this post to let out some steam and frustration, as well as allow people to learn on a very painful example.
But for what it's worth, I hope all the positive energy from people on this thread will reward you with more positivity and better drops!

Keep being an awesome person!

Available between 9:00 - 23:00, CET+1 time zone.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Sad this happened, guess where there is people, there's some who try to scam others :(.

Helps to have an OCD-like behavior to check ten-times if it's the right item.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
Darq wrote: 2 years ago
Video games are a place to play out their fantasy and for some it is stealing and decieving like for other is dominating in pvp. It is shit of course and shouldn't be tolerated but in the anonymous internet they do not care as long they get their fun.
That's true. :(
Such scumbags usually do not even participate in (fair) PvP, but rather in HC PK, or, say, ganking lowbies in World of Warcraft or similar activities, and even dare to call it "fun". I despise such individuals.
Phantasmatum wrote: 2 years ago
What goes around, comes around - it's as simple as that. Whenever you do shit to other people, it will come back to you multiplied by 10 at some point, so that little weasel will harvest some of that juicy negative karma at the end of it all...
If only there was a public "wall of shame" for scammers...
Trust no one

ALL MY TRADES ARE NON-LADDER

"ARGHHHHHHH, FRESH MEAT"
OP
Basically stopped playing. my druid is ass so is my zon can't find good stuff ever and people keep everything and ask 50 bers for it
This is why i do most trades on this site. If someone has a reputation, probably won't risk it on one trade. Can actually feel pretty safe dropping gems with ppl on this site, if I know they have a profile here with a decent rep.
I had someone offer to trade me an Anni for my
Ber
rune. He put the anni in and asked if the rolls were acceptable. I said sure. He cancelled the trade then reopened. Put the "Anni" in and I put my
Ber
in. He immediately hit accept trade. I checked his "Anni" to find a
Mephisto
's soul Stone instead. I cancelled the trade. Guy says thanks and instantly dips from the game. Sucks for him that he couldn't get the drop on me but always always check before you hit accept.
MysticNocturne wrote: 2 years ago
I had someone offer to trade me an Anni for my
Ber
rune. He put the anni in and asked if the rolls were acceptable. I said sure. He cancelled the trade then reopened. Put the "Anni" in and I put my
Ber
in. He immediately hit accept trade. I checked his "Anni" to find a
Mephisto
's soul Stone instead. I cancelled the trade. Guy says thanks and instantly dips from the game. Sucks for him that he couldn't get the drop on me but always always check before you hit accept.
Oh god man, that sounds horrible, at least you got to see carefully the trade.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
I'm sorry that happened to you. Shocking how people use these dirty tricks. People will be people, unfortunately. The means and the medium doesn't appear to matter. There is a silver lining: You experienced this in a video game instead of real life where the stakes can hurt.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...