Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   1458 views
2

Description

Has anybody here run one? I'm curious what your impressions are. There was some hype on youtube about Infinity spearazons during the PTR test, but I'm not really seeing them out there in the wild. Were they just hyping up the offensive capabilities and glossing over the downsides of the build?
5

Can be used to make Runewords:

7
Has anybody here run one? I'm curious what your impressions are. There was some hype on youtube about Infinity spearazons during the PTR test, but I'm not really seeing them out there in the wild. Were they just hyping up the offensive capabilities and glossing over the downsides of the build?
7
Let's compare a spearmazon and typical java (pvm only):
1) Java is both melee n ranged - more versatile. 1:0
2) Java can't benefit from infi's -lite res - only from
Conviction
itself. 1:1
3) Java holds a shield. 2:1
4)
Lightning Fury
beats
Lightning Strike
- cows can confirm 🐄. 3:1

Conclusion: You may try a spearmazon - but it's only a matter of time you'll switch back to java setup. And if you're okay spendin some rune cash on +3sk matr
Spear
infy.
7
I use a spearzon with a
Mancatcher
Infinity for the attack speed breakpoint and it does great. I’m guessing a Java w/ Infinity merc will be faster in many situations, but here are some additional upsides:

-huge
Charged Strike
dmg can kill bosses and most small groups of targets very fast. Use
Charged Strike
while
Lightning Strike
is working.
-the -lite res on Infinity is a whopping 45-55%
-you don’t need to worry about a merc or repositioning him with Enigma. Works just fine without one. Or you can use whatever merc you want.
-with
Mancatcher
you can hit max frames with I think just 45 off weap ias. And you can give it to a merc if you want later.
7
I played with an Infinity spearzon for about a month after they changed the runeword, also in a
Mancatcher
, like SlainByGloam, and my conclusion is: not worth it, sadly.

I was super hyped for it, but the problem with her is, as with most theorycrafted builds, they're great in a vacuum, but where are you actually going to run them? Where do they excel?

Well, with amazon's atrocious casting speed, you're still limited to a handful of areas, which she can reach relatively quickly. And in those areas... she's still not the best. Save, maybe, for WSK. You get there fast, and the layout sort of works out for
Lightning Strike
/
Charged Strike
gameplay.

Even in the cow level, I prefer a
Nova
sorc, because she mows down cows as quickly as a javazon, but you can reach the leg like three times faster and you have natural 8-frame
Teleport
to scout for any packs you may have missed at the end of the run.

In conclusion, make your Infinity in a proper eth merc base. Don't bother with the spearzon.
7
OP
Thanks for all the feedback. I was planning make an Infinity in a regular
Mancatcher
to share between a spearazon and my sorc's merc but I think I'll just stick to an ethereal base. I have a history of spending a lot of my loot making builds I never use.
7
pyropy wrote: 1 month ago
Thanks for all the feedback. I was planning make an Infinity in a regular
Mancatcher
to share between a spearazon and my sorc's merc but I think I'll just stick to an ethereal base. I have a history of spending a lot of my loot making builds I never use.
I don't regret making an extra Infinity that's somewhat weaker than an eth version, because I got to experience the build and had a bit of fun with it, but that's 'cause I'm pretty rich on NL. The Infinity spearzon is still a good experiment for when you have ten-ish Bers lying around. :)
7
in theory
Charged Strike
Infinity zon with a5 merc with Plague runeword could output super bonkers damage on bosses, maybe a viable uber build...
+Infinity plus plagues
Lower Resist
should break pretty much every immunity i think
7
worstd2playerever wrote: 1 month ago
in theory
Charged Strike
Infinity zon with a5 merc with Plague runeword could output super bonkers damage on bosses, maybe a viable uber build...
+Infinity plus plagues
Lower Resist
should break pretty much every immunity i think
In theory possible.
Uber Mephisto
has level 20
Conviction
aura, so Infinity's Conv doesn't work.
Level 12
Lower Resist
lowers resists by 57% or 11% against immunes. Meph has 110% lightning resistance, so after applying LR he's left with 99%. That leaves us dealing 0.01 of our damage. Not impressive.
But the immunity is now broken! -Enemy resistance affixes from items are applied now, including Infi's ≈-50% and possibly more from other items, such as
Griffon's Eye
and Rainbow Facet.
7
i might test this in single player out of curiosity
7
I worry about survivability -
Lower Resist
is overriden by
Life Tap
(and vice versa), and you don't cast them yourself, but rely on procs, so a bad RNG and you're dead.
7
This is interesting. I dig the thread pretty hard. I'm doing the same thing had a 4os sup15%
Mancatcher
since 2.4. Made Infinity and plan on using act 5 merc with Plague pb for lr and Destruction pb. Also going to do the 2x Plague pb.
7
Trang Oul wrote: 1 month ago
I worry about survivability -
Lower Resist
is overriden by
Life Tap
(and vice versa), and you don't cast them yourself, but rely on procs, so a bad RNG and you're dead.
yeah i didnt think about the lifetap part. might just require stocking up on rejuvs which makes the build a bigger pain for sure
7
I made a Infinty
Mancatcher
as soon as 2.4 went live.
I'm using it for bosses and ubers, but for Uber Meph my merc with his Infinity needs to be close up to him to double apply the aura and cancel Meph's lv20
Conviction
. It works, but as soon my merc gets out of range, I need to use
Impale
on Meph.

I'm still using Titans and Phoenix shield on weapon swap, so kinda hybrid between Java and Spearzon. But pretty fun :)

Highest breakpoint for
Mancatcher
is 65 IAS. I reached it with 20 IAS gloves (LoH or 2/20 java gloves for cows) and a gemmed
Helm
with three 15IAS jewels in it.

But for ubers I swap the
Helm
for a G-Face, for 90% CB with Gore Riders.
Works pretty good on
Uber Diablo
and
Uber Baal
, almost instant kill.

With a
Griffon's Eye
+ Infinity equipped and Infinity on Merc you can 1 shot Diablo with
Charged Strike
;)

May the loot be with ya!
7
DiabloDeDeadpool wrote: 1 month ago
I made a Infinty
Mancatcher
as soon as 2.4 went live.
I'm using it for bosses and ubers, but for Uber Meph my merc with his Infinity needs to be close up to him to double apply the aura and cancel Meph's lv20
Conviction
. It works, but as soon my merc gets out of range, I need to use
Impale
on Meph.

I'm still using Titans and Phoenix shield on weapon swap, so kinda hybrid between Java and Spearzon. But pretty fun :)

Highest breakpoint for
Mancatcher
is 65 IAS. I reached it with 20 IAS gloves (LoH or 2/20 java gloves for cows) and a gemmed
Helm
with three 15IAS jewels in it.

But for ubers I swap the
Helm
for a G-Face, for 90% CB with Gore Riders.
Works pretty good on
Uber Diablo
and
Uber Baal
, almost instant kill.

With a
Griffon's Eye
+ Infinity equipped and Infinity on Merc you can 1 shot Diablo with
Charged Strike
;)
That...wait, what?

I'm admittedly confused and genuinely surprised if that actually works.

Conviction
, much like any aura should be mutually exclusive (and definitely was in the past). As in your target is affected by yours or your merc's but never both. Equally,
Uber Mephisto
should never be affected by either of them because his own is higher than both of yours. They don't combine or stack, the higher one wins out every time. Always has, unless something changed recently.

The -enemy res on your own Infinity would still stack with/after a merc's
Conviction
but since your merc's conv will be the same as your own, that should never matter anyways. There shouldn't be anything that breaks with your merc's
Conviction
around that doesn't already break with your own, it should literally make no difference (and by extension, the Infinity on your merc should be a complete waste if you have one yourself).

You're either misinterpreting something in what you saw in-game or they flat-out change the mechanics behind it all. Which would be interesting because if that mechanic ever got changed, you should also no longer be able to counter uber meph's conv with your own as a pally and FoH vs. FoH PvP matchups would no longer default to "higher conv wins every time".

(Any chance you have a vid of one of your
Tristram
runs? I would genuinely love to see that double-tap
Conviction
on uber meph..that simply should not work but if it does, that opens up all sorts of opportunities)
7
If this is true that two Convictions stack, there are further questions:
  • Does only the "higher Conv suppresses enemy's lower Conv" part of combined Convs work, or do they work "fully" just as one higher level aura (= even stronger resistance and defense debuff), like, say, dual Dream?
  • Are other auras, offensive or defensive, also stacked even if the sources are different entities? If so, do they always stack, or only from player/hireling, but not across different players (hell, that'd be mega OP in 8 players games)? We already know that multiple auras on the same entity, when provided by items, do stack (dual Dream again).
7
hmm.... maybe they did change things now with diablo immortal on the way.
maybe all of a sudden they have ideas again
7
Conviction
Auras do not stack, only the largest applies.
7
@Schnorki

Well I'm using
Charged Strike
to get UberMeph to 50% life in a few seconds. But after that his regeneration kicks in and it's a bit harder to delete the other 50% of his life.

So I thought it's a double apply.
Also those light immune skeli mages in WSK Lv3 get broken when I'm using my Infinity. But that could be from the -res on Infinity or the "maybe" double apply.

Not sure tho, just telling my experience so far and what I witnessed while doing some farm runs and 3 torches.

I thought
Conviction
can apply multiple times from multiple sources like other auras, for example
Holy Shock
/
Holy Fire
/
Meditation
.

But since Ladder went live, I'm not this often on my NonLadder chars anymore, so I couldn't test it completely to be absolutely sure. Only using my Fire Sorc for some rushes here and then atm.

Apparently there is no video footage of those runs.

Also I played my Amazon 95% of the time since release of D2R, so I needed a break of playing this char :)

I'll test it completely in maybe like 1 or 2 months, when I like to play her again, to be sure about that.

What I have also witnessed, when I played with a friend with his Light Sorc, with his Infinity merc and the 2 Infinitys from my Merc and mine, we killed everything faster as we would on our own on P1.

So I thought it would be safe to say that Convictions stacks. But still I'm not sure about that, and as it looks, neither of you guys.

May the loot be with ya!
7
DiabloDeDeadpool wrote: 1 month ago
@Schnorki

Well I'm using
Charged Strike
to get UberMeph to 50% life in a few seconds. But after that his regeneration kicks in and it's a bit harder to delete the other 50% of his life.

So I thought it's a double apply.
Also those light immune skeli mages in WSK Lv3 get broken when I'm using my Infinity. But that could be from the -res on Infinity or the "maybe" double apply.

Not sure tho, just telling my experience so far and what I witnessed while doing some farm runs and 3 torches.

I thought
Conviction
can apply multiple times from multiple sources like other auras, for example
Holy Shock
/
Holy Fire
/
Meditation
.

But since Ladder went live, I'm not this often on my NonLadder chars anymore, so I couldn't test it completely to be absolutely sure. Only using my Fire Sorc for some rushes here and then atm.

Apparently there is no video footage of those runs.

Also I played my Amazon 95% of the time since release of D2R, so I needed a break of playing this char :)

I'll test it completely in maybe like 1 or 2 months, when I like to play her again, to be sure about that.

What I have also witnessed, when I played with a friend with his Light Sorc, with his Infinity merc and the 2 Infinitys from my Merc and mine, we killed everything faster as we would on our own on P1.

So I thought it would be safe to say that Convictions stacks. But still I'm not sure about that, and as it looks, neither of you guys.
Honestly, it sounds a lot like you were just looking at crushing blows.

If your convictions stacked then
Charged Strike
dmg would stay ridiculously high and you would plow through meph all the way until he falls over dead. Crushing blow on the other hand is % of current life so the more life meph already lost, the less damage it does. That would explain why you're seeing such a slowdown as he drops in life.

I'll remain certain of what has always been true until now:
Convictions don't stack.

Furthermore, looking at your "2 are faster than 1" point, say for a second your conv and that of your merc stacked, then you are dropping EVERY non-immune mob by 170% between him and yourself. So basically, just about any mob is at -100 res because that's the
Cap
. If you now added a sorc with a third
Conviction
to the mix, even if the convictions all stacked, it would change absolutely nothing as the -100 res
Cap
would still remain in tact. The increase in killing speed you're seeing there is simply because the combination of his and your dmg (without extra
Conviction
) outweighs the small life gain for mobs. That's in part (possibly) because your skills add up in a way where his clear up your stragglers and vice versa, speeding things up noticeably and in part (definitely) because you are flat out adding his and your damage whereas mob life only goes to 150% of what it was. So basically, each of you only has to kill 75% of a mob as opposed to the 100% you need to kill solo.

Meditation
also does not stack. At least not with another
Meditation
. Though it does stack with things like
Warmth
.

Holy Fire
/shock do "stack" from different sources but that's because they don't actually apply an aura to your target, they just apply the damage. As such, they each dmg the target as they tick, without interfering with one another.
7
@Schnorki

Well that could be the case. Sounds 100% understandable and would explain the slowing of killing him in the last 50%.
So the first 50% dmg on him just came from the CB of my physical dmg? That would be insane. After the first half, I used
Impale
/
Jab
to finish him off.

But as I killed Dclone with her, I didn't experience a slowing at his life lost, it was with every hit almost the same amount of life that went down. Only used
Charged Strike
at him, same gear setup as for Ubers.

I am not that deep into the knowledge about -res and caps, but sounds allright to me.
Thanks for the explanation, now I understand the game a bit better.

2 faster than 1:
As we ran together, we were killing different mobs, but we were standing close together.

About
Meditation
:
I've had a lv13 aura on my merc and my mana at big mob groups went almost empty. Same mob group, another lv13 aura from a friend, standing close together, no mana issues and almost the whole time full.
Same attacks casted with the same mana costs, same area.
My char had also the same level, so no increase in skillpoints anywhere.

After that I was almost sure about
Meditation
auras do stack, but after reading that you are saying it won't stack, I'm not sure anymore.
It's been a while since that happened, few months.

You have obviously more game knowledge than me :)
So I think I can trust you about saying
Conviction
does not stack.
Besides I thought it would.

May the loot be with ya!
9

Advertisment

Hide ads
999

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads
 

 

 

 

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation