diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   3535 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3148Moderator

PC
DiabloDeDeadpool wrote: 1 year ago
@Schnorki

Well that could be the case. Sounds 100% understandable and would explain the slowing of killing him in the last 50%.
So the first 50% dmg on him just came from the CB of my physical dmg? That would be insane. After the first half, I used
Impale
/
Jab
to finish him off.

But as I killed Dclone with her, I didn't experience a slowing at his life lost, it was with every hit almost the same amount of life that went down. Only used
Charged Strike
at him, same gear setup as for Ubers.

I am not that deep into the knowledge about -res and caps, but sounds allright to me.
Thanks for the explanation, now I understand the game a bit better.

2 faster than 1:
As we ran together, we were killing different mobs, but we were standing close together.

About
Meditation
:
I've had a lv13 aura on my merc and my mana at big mob groups went almost empty. Same mob group, another lv13 aura from a friend, standing close together, no mana issues and almost the whole time full.
Same attacks casted with the same mana costs, same area.
My char had also the same level, so no increase in skillpoints anywhere.

After that I was almost sure about
Meditation
auras do stack, but after reading that you are saying it won't stack, I'm not sure anymore.
It's been a while since that happened, few months.

You have obviously more game knowledge than me :)
So I think I can trust you about saying
Conviction
does not stack.
Besides I thought it would.
It kinda makes sense that you wouldn't see the same slowdown on DClone.

Generally speaking, crushing blow takes out 12.5% of your target's current life (with melee, against a boss / ratios change for ranged and depending on target). So getting something down to half can happen very quickly just from CB procs alone. But the lower your target is, the slower your dmg from CB is which is why the last few % tend to take ages for CB focused builds.

The difference for DClone, as opposed to uber meph is basically that he is not lightning immune. So your
Charged Strike
actually does lightning damage. And with Infinity on yourself, that's actually a ton of lightning damage. So much so that your normal lightning damage ends up masking crushing blow even earlier on because your dmg is just that stupidly high (that's why javas are widely considered the #1 boss killer). Adding to that, you will have a lot less crushing blows than light dmg happen numerically, not only because you (probably - but who knows) don't have a 100% CB chance but also because your hits can miss in which case you won't trigger a CB and because dclone has a 50% block chance which also prevents your CB. The
Bolts
for lightning damage on the other hand are unaffected by your AR/hit chance and cannot be blocked by him so that simply always hits and always does massive dmg, resulting very steady, very high damage.

So basically...to be expected. :)
I had 90% CB, from Infinity,
Gore Rider
and G-Face.
That's probably why Dclone melted in about 5 secs, maybe less. :)

Ah, I see. Didn't knew that before

And as far as I know,
Charged Strike
doesn't use AR.

So accordung to data, I really had mistaken the CB proc for double apply of
Conviction

Sorry that I had confused you.

So it doesn't really makes sense running with two Infinitys/Insights/Might Auras at the same time.
Maybe I throw an Obediance than on my merc or stick to his Infinity for my Titans on swap.
Will decide after Ladder Season 1 is over.

May the loot be with ya!

Schnorki 3148Moderator

PC
Gore Rider
and G-Face.

And as far as I know,
Charged Strike
doesn't use AR.

Conviction

So it doesn't really makes sense running with two Infinitys/Insights/Might Auras at the same time.
Maybe I throw an Obediance than on my merc or stick to his Infinity for my Titans on swap.
It does, you just don't see it.
Charged Strike
is split into two components, the physical hit and the charged
Bolts
. The charged
Bolts
always trigger and hit, without using any AR. The physical component however which includes the physical damage, possible leech and crushing blow procs is based on AR and your own hit chance against your target. That part can indeed miss. And since
Charged Strike
doesn't add any AR, it actually misses quite a lot because your AR tends to be crap. Though the
Conviction
from Infinity obviously helps quite a bit with that again, due to the def reduction.

But yeah, a well geared java can wreck dclone in mere seconds even with 0 crushing blow. The
Bolts
alone are enough for that.

And correct running with 2 of the same is a complete waste. You'd then either get an Insight on your merc (if you're one of those zons with massive mana issues), go with something that pumps his own damage (e.g. Obedience) or another idea would be to go with an A1 Faith merc instead. The beauty of the latter being that it gives you
Fanaticism
which means you could actually hit the 9 frames breakpoint even with Infinity built in a matri
Pike
. Takes 80-86 IAS with that, depending on the Faith roll. That'd then give you another 3 skill points without losing the speed.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Gore Rider
and G-Face.

And as far as I know,
Charged Strike
doesn't use AR.

Conviction

It does, you just don't see it.
Charged Strike
is split into two components, the physical hit and the charged
Bolts
. The charged
Bolts
always trigger and hit, without using any AR. The physical component however which includes the physical damage, possible leech and crushing blow procs is based on AR and your own hit chance against your target. That part can indeed miss. And since
Charged Strike
doesn't add any AR, it actually misses quite a lot because your AR tends to be crap. Though the
Conviction
from Infinity obviously helps quite a bit with that again, due to the def reduction.

But yeah, a well geared java can wreck dclone in mere seconds even with 0 crushing blow. The
Bolts
alone are enough for that.

And correct running with 2 of the same is a complete waste. You'd then either get an Insight on your merc (if you're one of those zons with massive mana issues), go with something that pumps his own damage (e.g. Obedience) or another idea would be to go with an A1 Faith merc instead. The beauty of the latter being that it gives you
Fanaticism
which means you could actually hit the 9 frames breakpoint even with Infinity built in a matri
Pike
. Takes 80-86 IAS with that, depending on the Faith roll. That'd then give you another 3 skill points without losing the speed.
Ah, I see. Well then I'll pump more points into Dex I guess, thx for the info.
Yea I kinda miss a few hits, I see that on the indicator.

I have a Phoenix Shield on swap for Mana + Life issues. I dont like to jug pots anymore :)
Besides that, my
Belt
is always filled with Full Rejus, just in case. And for my merc

I'm fine running my 65 IAS with my
Mancatcher
, won't do another Infinity nonladder since I already have 2 of them. And I like the look of the
Mancatcher
:)

Also I was thinking for my normal setup to swap my gemmed
Helm
for an Andys Face with an IAS + max dmg jewel and equip a
Belt
with 10ias, cant remember the name atm.
With LoH I would still have enough Fire Res.
Then doing some test runs and then a torch run without G-Face. But that needs to wait.

Yes, a Faith bow could be worth it, even for other chars. Need to get/find the base and
Jah
first tho ;)

May the loot be with ya!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation