Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
26 replies   5611 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Ah I must have missed that part but my point still stands. The quantity is not even noticeably different so if your speed changes at all it is not worth it. If it takes you 100 games to find a
Ber
in /players 8 it will probably only take like 120 to find it in /players 1.
homicidalpancakes wrote: 2 years ago
Ah I must have missed that part but my point still stands. The quantity is not even noticeably different so if your speed changes at all it is not worth it. If it takes you 100 games to find a
Ber
Both the numbers and percentage difference are off in your hypothetical. Here's a drop calculator for Kurast chests (I think the normal ones, not sure where to find drop rates for the supers): https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2-drop-calculato ... r=chest,79

For these chests you have:
a 1 in 323,709 chance of finding a
Ber
rune on Players 1.
a 1 in 189,210 chance of finding a
Ber
rune on Players 3.
a 1 in 125,380 chance of finding a
Ber
rune on Players 8.

The chances increase somewhat if all players are in a party. This might also require them to be within a few screens though - forget if that only applies to XP or also to drops - so I assumed player count without partying.

So it's more like, if it takes 100 games to find a
Ber
in /players 8 (which would be a miraculously lucky feat) it might take 250+ games to do so on /players 1, assuming equivalent luck.
OP

Fae 21

Sorceress Americas PC
homicidalpancakes wrote: 2 years ago
Ber
If you watch the vid where I linked it states how it affects the number of high rune patterns that you can even pull from, thus affects the chance of you even getting one. there's 22
Gul
-
Ber
patterns on players 5/6 and 38
Gul
-
Ber
patterns on players 7/8. That's a 72% increase in the number of HR patterns from 5 to 7 players so that's even worse for players 1, prob by a ton.

To get a HR from the chests
Players 5: 22/66536
Players 7: 38/66536

So it goes from .033% to .057%
or 1 in 3030 to 1 in 1754

Which if you average 1 min per run turns 50.5 hours into 29.9 hours. Now that's for players 5. At players 1 he doesn't even go into it. It prob changes it to something stupid tho knowing how this game works I wouldn't blink if you told me it turns it into 500 hours or something stupid.

The other thing is getting your run times down is hard without map rolling. In single player you can keep rolling new maps and then it SAVES it. So you can roll a map with two campfires both enar the waypoint and make short work of it, doing 2 runs for one and in shorter time. Making players 8 go from 29.9 hours to probably 15 hours. But online in battlenet you'll never approach that sort of stuff for online you have to trade. This doesn't even account too for the fact the more rare something is the more you can get screwed over. You could go 3x the number at 150 hours and not see a single high rune and not even be an unheard of outlier and then when you do find it, it could be a
Gul
:^) (which you can get just farming a keyset in far less time).

So unless my understanding is WAY off I think i'll not be doing LK runs like, ever.
Fae wrote: 2 years ago
Boolu wrote: 2 years ago
Got a griffon and
Gul
from pit. Me like pit
grats btw i know someone who played d2 a ton in LoD days and never saw a griff drop and farmed constantly so lucky!
Ty,

Ber
dropped in pits today. Started to add pits in with my Andy runs. I'v been having better luck there than Andy tbh.

Don't get me wrong, I put in a good solid 5 hours non stop on my runs. Don't want people to think it's easy to find stuff there.

These rune drops have been dropped by White mobs as well. So I don't ever skip now.

boolu#1717
More importantly, LK runs are boring as can be. If I'm going to be repeatedly grinding might as well do something that involves more actual gameplay. On single player you are out of options, so perhaps if you find a good map like Fae said and put on players 8 it might not be the worst (still sounds miserable to me though). Otherwise, you're better off trading stuff and thanking the heavens if you luck out and get unexpected HRs with natural drops.
Fae wrote: 2 years ago
thanks for your input. I feel like I have too much responsibilities to grind it I didn't actually know D2 was equivalent to an MMO in grinding and I don't have the bandwidth for it so it'll just be slow going I guess. I mean there's ppl that have friends and are able to teamwork to do all the best stuff in a week but I don't have friends who even really wanna play d2 so it's whatever :) It's just something to chill with.

I think you did good to go hard early tho. People want a
Vex
for stuff that later will cost an
Ist
, if it's sorcerer gear it's ridiculous.

I might switch to
Frozen Orb
sorc but looking at my gear i'm still lacking the stuff to get that kind of MF while capping FCR and a lot of it you need for that are expensive, if you find
Tal
body that helps a lot I'm sure. Glad to hear of your luck and hard work :) thanks for the tips.
Hey m8 Add me. I will play with you any day of the week. (If it is ok with my wife) I am a no good diablo player. But a pretty decent person :) Battlenet (loke #2805)
I wouldn't say Infinity is hard to get in fairness when you've got a few years in the game. I think it took me just under a week to have my griffon, CTA, Infinity etc. Focus to farming the correct areas for your class at speed, don't waste your time with other areas where it's going to be slow going. Better to power through 1000's of easier runs than a few hundred hard ones. And of course make sure you're farming the right areas for what you're after 👍

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...