Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2318 views

Description

From the recent 2.3 announcement. The patch is coming early December.
Blizzard wrote:
A handful of visual tweaks have been made to improve the front-end user interface. An indicator has been added to exemplify what players are muted or ignored.
Muted or ignored
Muted or ignored
Additionally, the character’s level and expansion type will now be revealed on the lobby screen. We’ve also made improvements to changing the target channel when sending a chat message, so it’s clearer and more straightforward. Lastly, players will now be able to see the real ID names of Battle.net real ID friends on their friends list.
What do you guys think? This will fix the chat issues in-game?
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
From the recent 2.3 announcement. The patch is coming early December.
Blizzard wrote:
A handful of visual tweaks have been made to improve the front-end user interface. An indicator has been added to exemplify what players are muted or ignored.
Muted or ignored
Muted or ignored
Additionally, the character’s level and expansion type will now be revealed on the lobby screen. We’ve also made improvements to changing the target channel when sending a chat message, so it’s clearer and more straightforward. Lastly, players will now be able to see the real ID names of Battle.net real ID friends on their friends list.
What do you guys think? This will fix the chat issues in-game?

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Chat right now is completely broken so any fixes are going to be nice lol.

Deleted User 54930 0

Idk. Blizz's social/communication level has always been mediocre. I never look for it to improve by any measure beyond that. They make great games that we all love... so for that, we can all be grateful. But in any case, no... I don't look for it to improve the function much. In today's day and age, people want to talk not type anyway.
straag wrote: 2 years ago
In today's day and age, people want to talk not type anyway.
Pssh, type for yourself! :D

I think it will fix some issues, but not all -- improvement is appreciated though. I think bigger and better changes to the social / lobby experience would be:
  • Deal with the damn bots spamming trade channel
  • Kill the auto-refresh of lobbies there's a refresh button I'm happy to rely on. Realistically all auto-refresh does is make it impossible to read game descriptions...
  • Add a keyboard binding to switch between Game & Whisper channels (if there is already one, please tell me what it is!!) so they are not as disruptive to gameplay

Deleted User 54930 0

SkeletonFriend wrote: 2 years ago
In today's day and age, people want to talk not type anyway.
Pssh, type for yourself! :D
Touché, @SkeletonFriend, Touché.

Deleted User 54930 0

@SkeletonFriend And I was mostly typing for the majority as it seems by my perception. I'd rather type, personally. But it does get old to type a wall of text and get "k" back based on the fact that most people can't type as fast as I can. ^_^
You're not wrong, @straag! It's so easy these days to hop on a voice channel in a public server that many more people are doing it for sure. I was just being cheeky :)

But if they implement a voice chat in D2R I know the first thing I'm going to do is disable it completely!

Deleted User 54930 0

SkeletonFriend wrote: 2 years ago
But if they implement a voice chat in D2R I know the first thing I'm going to do is disable it completely!
I instantly pictured a
Skeleton
at a desk frantically breaking down D2 code to remove the voice chat coding so their D2 program didn't even have it. I'm a dork. lol
Idk. Blizz's social/communication level has always been mediocre. I never look for it to improve by any measure beyond that. They make great games that we all love... so for that, we can all be grateful. But in any case, no... I don't look for it to improve the function much. In today's day and age, people want to talk not type anyway.
This isn't Blizzard anymore it's Activision and they tend to only care about money so any changes they do will probably be very minimal
First thought, if they are going to fix lobby to be AT LEAST legacy-level functional, I will pat them on the back.

Second thought, I won't because they broke it in the first place. Should have just left it untouched.

Looks good to me, anyway.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...