Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   7741 views

Changes to keybinds/casting on PC [Diablo 2 Resurrected Patch 2.3]

No data yet

Description

From the recent 2.3 announcement. The patch is coming early December.
Blizzard wrote:
Currently, players use spells and abilities with a keyboard and mouse by clicking the right and left mouse buttons. This means that players only have access to two abilities at any given time. Most advanced players use the function keys (F1¬–F12) to re-map the right and left mouse buttons if they want to swap their abilities on the fly. This means that if you want to use an ability that isn’t currently mapped to one of your mouse buttons, you’ll need to hit the function
Key
that you have mapped to a different skill, and then click the mouse button to use it.
When we brought controller support to Diablo II: Resurrected, players gained immediate access to up to 12 buttons. When a player presses any of the face buttons or triggers that they have mapped to an ability, they instantly use them. Diablo III uses this same method, and it has become the expectation for most controller interfaces in action role-playing games.

We’ve seen an outpouring of community feedback requesting this feature for keyboard and mouse play, too. We originally avoided this approach because we feared it would stray too far from the original experience, but the community is eager for it, so we’re eager to deliver.

Players can now opt to use the Active Skill Bindings bar. This will show an additional bar above the standard HUD at the bottom of the screen. Players can map up to 16 skills (although the tooltip suggests F1–F8) to that additional bar. Furthermore, if the Quick Cast Skills option is active, pressing these buttons will instantly use the abilities rather than just re-map the right or left mouse buttons.

Ultimately, we leave these new feature customizations to the players’ preference. Players will be empowered to enable the “Quick Cast Skills” option to action bound skills to their current mouse’s location, as well as enable “Display Active Skill Bindings” to display the currently bound skills bar on their screen HUD. At the player’s discretion, now they can tailor their experience to the way they play.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
From the recent 2.3 announcement. The patch is coming early December.
Blizzard wrote:
Currently, players use spells and abilities with a keyboard and mouse by clicking the right and left mouse buttons. This means that players only have access to two abilities at any given time. Most advanced players use the function keys (F1¬–F12) to re-map the right and left mouse buttons if they want to swap their abilities on the fly. This means that if you want to use an ability that isn’t currently mapped to one of your mouse buttons, you’ll need to hit the function
Key
that you have mapped to a different skill, and then click the mouse button to use it.
When we brought controller support to Diablo II: Resurrected, players gained immediate access to up to 12 buttons. When a player presses any of the face buttons or triggers that they have mapped to an ability, they instantly use them. Diablo III uses this same method, and it has become the expectation for most controller interfaces in action role-playing games.

We’ve seen an outpouring of community feedback requesting this feature for keyboard and mouse play, too. We originally avoided this approach because we feared it would stray too far from the original experience, but the community is eager for it, so we’re eager to deliver.

Players can now opt to use the Active Skill Bindings bar. This will show an additional bar above the standard HUD at the bottom of the screen. Players can map up to 16 skills (although the tooltip suggests F1–F8) to that additional bar. Furthermore, if the Quick Cast Skills option is active, pressing these buttons will instantly use the abilities rather than just re-map the right or left mouse buttons.

Ultimately, we leave these new feature customizations to the players’ preference. Players will be empowered to enable the “Quick Cast Skills” option to action bound skills to their current mouse’s location, as well as enable “Display Active Skill Bindings” to display the currently bound skills bar on their screen HUD. At the player’s discretion, now they can tailor their experience to the way they play.

This is great! It also means that I spent all this time on an autohotkey script for funsies. But still, fantastic news. Cannot wait for it, now

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Players can now opt to use the Active Skill Bindings bar
Hell yessssss!!!!!!!!!!

When i first used the controller i had no idea how game changing just a hot bar is. It's the best thing i never knew i wanted until i got it. :D

This will make life so easy!
No more hours of perfecting my macro's on my keyboard :')

~Your PC is so slow, even Jesus complains about the lag~
now, give us opt in to a WASD control and I can switch from using my gamepad back to mouse and keyboard
thraxismodarodan wrote: 2 years ago
This is great! It also means that I spent all this time on an autohotkey script for funsies. But still, fantastic news. Cannot wait for it, now
At least my autoclicker isn't obsolete yet. It is the only thing between me and developing some serious tendonitis right now :p

Sorceress Americas PC
mgorman42 wrote: 2 years ago
now, give us opt in to a WASD control and I can switch from using my gamepad back to mouse and keyboard
this would be a nice option as well. Hopefully they keep coming with these QoL changes.

Next stop... rune/gem stacking! (and/or more stash tabs damnit)

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
mgorman42 wrote: 2 years ago
this would be a nice option as well. Hopefully they keep coming with these QoL changes.

Next stop... rune/gem stacking! (and/or more stash tabs damnit)
What I could see (kinda a pipe Dream) is a specialized shared tab, that has 1 slot for each gem, rune, and potion. but that slot can hold as many of those items as the tech stack would allow (or some other arbitrary limiting number (other than 1, preferably atleast 100) then the item doesn't need to stack outside this tab necessarily but we can store them and free up stash/mule space
Oh, damn. 18 years of experience in mouse clicking down the drain.

It seems very nice on the paper but I have no idea how I will like it in reality as I haven't really played many games with such system. Only one I can remember right now being Knight Online in start of 2000s.
Can't wait =p my Nerco got too many curse but only eight hotkeys

Take Offer in Rune/P.Gem/UberKey/Mix of LowRune
=Check out my active trades=

Sorceress Americas PC
sako1031 wrote: 2 years ago
i started playing the necro and sin last and i REALLY got annoyed with how many different utility skills they both have lol. Its going to be a real god-send to have the hotbar for those classes. :D

sako1031 wrote: 2 years ago
I feel that pain a lot, personally play Summoner main, with some poison and curses on the side, but with the Trang-Oul's Avatar set I also get
Fire Wall
Meteor
, and
Fireball

Might need to ask my dog to co-op with me on they keybinds :p

~Your PC is so slow, even Jesus complains about the lag~

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...