Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   920 views

Description

Hello. What's the general etiquette around trade threads? If someone makes an offer you don't like (or lowballs you), do you just ignore it like I have been and wait for a better offer, or do you remind them to make a more reasonable offer?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello. What's the general etiquette around trade threads? If someone makes an offer you don't like (or lowballs you), do you just ignore it like I have been and wait for a better offer, or do you remind them to make a more reasonable offer?

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
oldboldsummoner wrote: 2 years ago
do you just ignore it like I have been
I typically reply with a "noty" to make it clear. But i wouldn't "remind them to make a reasonable offer", this typically leads to arguing that'll just clutter your threads. Just keep ignoring or a simple no thank you.

OP
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
I typically reply with a "noty" to make it clear. But i wouldn't "remind them to make a reasonable offer", this typically leads to arguing that'll just clutter your threads. Just keep ignoring or a simple no thank you.
Got it. Thank you.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Even a simple "No" will show other potential buyers you are still active.
When browsing trade or looking for something I automatically ignore sellers who got offers but didn't give any answer in a reasonable time frame.
Counter-offer would not hurt. Makes foundation for successful barter.

Also, knowing if offer is an undercut means you have idea of your item worth - why not make it clear that you are looking around this or that and then haggle from there.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Never been in that situation yet, but was asking myself how to react if there's alot of offers. Guess I would not respond to every single offer (depending on how many there are).
I'd rather state if I don't like the offers or accept the most suiting one. "Sorry but thanks" to the others won't hurt either.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.

I totally agree with that. Better not to start an argument in a Thread, whether its my own or another Ones. Give a reaction to the Guy who gave the bid, and thats it, so you acknowledge his bid. Similar goes for negative reactions to- buy-it-now-prices, I think. Im just now in the situation that my bin- price seems to be much too high- that makes me feel uneasy. But I wont start an argument in that Thread.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
This is right, a "reasonable" offer is very subjectiv. It is "reasonable" for a buyer if it is 1 rune lower then the last cheapest trade and for the seller it is 1 rune higher then the last expensive trade.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...