Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   691 views

Description

Hi!
Because you have made such an awesome site, you have already run into major performance issues.

Most actions on the site, creating a trade, creating a forum post, looking at a trade, now takes somewhere between 5-15 seconds to load, if it is successful at all.
Often (1 time out of 3/4) I get some error instead ,most often 503's.

What are your plans to improve performance and stability?

If I were you I would be seriously conccerned about this because the site will continue to grow and grow over the following months, and already now it is a terrible user experience.

PM me if you need a donation for better infrastructure or want to discuss.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi!
Because you have made such an awesome site, you have already run into major performance issues.

Most actions on the site, creating a trade, creating a forum post, looking at a trade, now takes somewhere between 5-15 seconds to load, if it is successful at all.
Often (1 time out of 3/4) I get some error instead ,most often 503's.

What are your plans to improve performance and stability?

If I were you I would be seriously conccerned about this because the site will continue to grow and grow over the following months, and already now it is a terrible user experience.

PM me if you need a donation for better infrastructure or want to discuss.
OP
Already sent a first donation, keep up the good work! :)

BillyMaysed 2204Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Please note that the site is still currently in Beta and it was created with the idea that only a few hundred people would ever be using it. Not.... over 20,000 and rising by over 1,000 everyday. lol.

So the site is currently undergoing heavy optimization to address the performance issues. It has only one single developer who created it and now just got a couple fellow members helping.

OP
Great to hear, keep up the good work!
OP
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Please note that the site is still currently in Beta
Are you mentioning this on the site anywhere? I don't see it when I generally trade, and it is not mentioned under "About" either.

So from a user perspective I don't have that information, and the exepctations that come with it.

EnragedN3wb 197Moderator

PC
I think it's only shown on the front page next to the search & on the patch notes thread, but it is there.

Sorceress Americas PC
MagnusN wrote: 2 years ago
Are you mentioning this on the site anywhere?
I am just a contributor, but it on the Home page, top right. As well as the patch notes like EnragedN3wb said.

Bryght 128

Druid Europe PC
I sometimes imagine how GODLY this website would be if everything responded near instantly.

Sorceress Americas PC
Bryght wrote: 2 years ago
GODLY this website would be
*Will be ;D

and its already pretty amazing even with the lag spikes, most of the time it works fine for me.

OP
EnragedN3wb wrote: 2 years ago
I think it's only shown on the front page next to the search & on the patch notes thread, but it is there.
Ah saw it now, might be a good idea to move that to the top menu so it gets more attention and "stickiness". :)
Does this project has a GitHub repository? If it's open-source I'd like to contribute.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation