Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   1405 views

Description

Hi, is it a bad idea to have my first character be a Lightning based sorc? I plan to use her to farm runewords (for countess runs) but I wasn’t sure if this is a good idea. Would it be a better idea to create a beginner friendly class first (like a blizz sorc) that I could then use to farm gear for the lightning sorc?

Thanks in advance!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Freshaloe 0

Hi, is it a bad idea to have my first character be a Lightning based sorc? I plan to use her to farm runewords (for countess runs) but I wasn’t sure if this is a good idea. Would it be a better idea to create a beginner friendly class first (like a blizz sorc) that I could then use to farm gear for the lightning sorc?

Thanks in advance!
Are the runewords that you are seeking for that lightning sorc or for other classes?
Lightning sorceress will def work for normal mode and Countess (
Charge
Bolt spam is great for coverage and level ups early on) as long as you also use
Static Field
for all the bosses and spam the heavy hitting electrical attacks as well (just not thunderstorm). Respec in Nightmare to Ice and Electricity or Ice and Fire.

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*
Benzoxazine wrote: 2 years ago
Are the runewords that you are seeking for that lightning sorc or for other classes?
@Freshaloe yeah what he’s saying above is important because if you are getting rune words for Sorceress, you def want Stealth and Leaf (which give a HUGE boost to Fire skills) and run fire sorceress instead of electric

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*
Lighting sorcs are very gear dependent for anything after normal. It's a great way to level a character, but it's always best to switch to cold after 24-27 area. You certainly can level all the way to hell with lightning, it will just be a lot harder to do.
MrLlamaSC made a Lightning Sorc with his World First Race Practice for D2 Resurrected over this past weekend. After Hell
Baal
, and before Ubers he respec'd to Blizzard Sorc.

Lightning is very low damage without gear. Can you do it? Sure, personally I would go any other sorc spec.

Rather go blizz/orb sorc until you have better gear, which "is" required for a good lightning sorc ;-) Personal opinion
Always go blizz until you get geared than switch to light
Lightning sorc can be a good
Key
farmer. I used a
Nova
sorc with basic gear (
Shako
, viper, Crecscent moon, etc) to farm keys on SP, without Infinity. I used
Nova
/ES build and could easily handle p5
Key
farming. But you have to reset Nihl a good amount since he spawns light immune some. Also merc needs to be able to kill countess.
Nova
sucks for bosses though. But the tankiness of ES build and using natures Peace when farming Nihl It worked quite well. On Bnet where you mostly will farm p1 games it would work great. Cheap lightning sorc will also effectively farm p5 arcane well as well.

Blizzard build is the go to build for general MF and farming. It will easily kill bosses and only really has problems just with cold immunes. (i.e
Lord De Seis
)
It's almost the only good idea, and I say that as somebody who's been a dyed in the wool necro main for years. Sorc is just too good, especially light. Yeah, it does better with gear, but unless you're horrible you're honestly not even going to have to spec into a second element until Hell.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation