Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
22 replies   2315 views

Description

I know this might sound funny, but this is mostly for new players or maybe some old school as well. i thought about doing it my self, but just wanted to get others responses. Will u play the game on old graphics threw normal, then play with new graphic threw hell? just a funny question to put out there.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I know this might sound funny, but this is mostly for new players or maybe some old school as well. i thought about doing it my self, but just wanted to get others responses. Will u play the game on old graphics threw normal, then play with new graphic threw hell? just a funny question to put out there.
100% New Graphics for me.

Khegan 376

Definitely new graphics all the way through. I've looked at the old visuals long enough to warrant a change of scenery.
I will probably never press the
Key
{ think its G by default } to check old graphics. I wish they did a remaster where its not just a graphics layer on top of old game so its not bound to the old fps and
other limitations, but thats almost impossible. Knowing that the old game is there king of spoils the hype, fun, excitement, the will to play 24/7 just like back in the old days. So not pressing the
Key
hopefully will help forget it :)

Discord Dieselnow#5463

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I spent too many years trying to guess at what I was looking at. Bring on the new graphics. The old ones were just a touch too low res.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

Deleted User 632 0

i wonder if we will discover any hidden secrets not known before just cause you can see things in the game more clearly now. personally i like the old look of the game. and i'm wondering if people who don't play old d2 now will even like the new game enough to stick around for a longer period of time. i wouldn't be surprised if they quit.

Nola 13

Paladin PC
New definitely. I have a RTX 3080 and an ultra wide monitor that I’ll be playing D2R in 3440 x 1440 resolution.

Tavron 132

Paladin Europe PC
I'm definitely also on the new graphics wagon. Been staring at the old graphics for too long.

"Seven Evils spawned of seven heads. Seven realms birthed from Death."
I've been playing D2 with Enjoy-SP and Plugy mods lately, so the old graphics are fresh in my Memory. So 100% new graphics for me, too.
No questions here - if I wanted old graphics, I could simply join the current ladder.

All the way new graphics for me!

D2 & LoD Veteran
Twitch: chr_isso
If you like my posts & content, I would really appreciate a follow on twitch!
Ex InDiablo.de Staff
Greatest Find:
Arkaine's Valor
Fishyzon Build
I'm really really excited for the new detail in the graphics and all the new item visuals when equipped. Things like
Bonesnap
actually looks like
Bonesnap
when you wear it now! So cool and may inspire builds purely on aesthetics...
Selexin wrote: 2 years ago
I'm really really excited for the new detail in the graphics and all the new item visuals when equipped. Things like
Bonesnap
actually looks like
Bonesnap
when you wear it now! So cool and may inspire builds purely on aesthetics...
Bro, I got a friend to jump on the hype train for D2R and he has never played Diablo.
Bonesnap
actually looking like
Bonesnap
was one of the defining features I pointed out :).

Great minds think alike!

As to answer OP; I'll be playing on the update, but maybe once in a blue moon I'll reflect on the past and fire up a true retro character :)
Same as what @Junglegoose (I keep reading juice stop messing with my brain functions) said. New graphics but once in a while will peel behind the curtain.
New Graphics!

Migs 15

Paladin Americas PC
New graphics, but I'm sure I will occasionally switch back to old just to see how they compare to the updated ones.
New
With the improvements to legacy graphics in 2.4, I might try out old again. It's sometimes easier to see what's going on.
Much prefer the new graphics. Every once in awhile I’ll hit “G” by accident and switch back to legacy and I’ll go “aaah!”. I’m not sure how I used to stare at the old graphics for hours as a kid but as an adult, the low resolution, pixelization and lower frame rate really hurts my eyes if I look at it for too long

I love the new graphics but I always have to press "g" due to my 8GB of RAM :(

Th3ory 385

Paladin Americas PC
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
i wonder if we will discover any hidden secrets not known before just cause you can see things in the game more clearly now. personally i like the old look of the game. and i'm wondering if people who don't play old d2 now will even like the new game enough to stick around for a longer period of time. i wouldn't be surprised if they quit.
This 1000 times over. You almost need to slow play the game almost more of an MMO experience just to discover hidden secrets.

Your characters reflection in puddles FTW for me.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...