Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
78 replies   47438 views

D2R Patch 2.4 PTR Goes Live on 1/25 (Patch Notes Included)

No data yet

Description

Just announced by Blizzard. Link to the announcement below and a brief summary of what's to come in spoiler tags. At the link you'll find much more detailed patch notes very much worth combing through. Fun times ahead!

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... alance-ptr
Spoiler
As we progress in this PTR, please be aware there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches. All the changes implemented in this PTR are not in Stone. We want to gauge reception and feedback on these changes before we make them final for Live. We encourage our PTR participants to explore and play the following new content:

1. New Class Balance Changes: To ensure that the most significant class changes receive an ample amount of attention, we'd love feedback on changes affecting our seven unique classes.

2. New Rune Words: We encourage you to experience the new Rune Words that can be created and inserted into correlating socketed gear. Please share your feedback on these new items.

3. New
Horadric Cube
Recipes: New
Horadric Cube
Recipes have been implemented to complement Set items, we encourage you to craft these and share your feedback; especially in tandem with new improvements being made to Set items that are generally underused by players.

4. And much more: Mercenary changes, Set Item Bonus Changes, New Level Area changes, Item Tooltip changes, and other changes to gameplay have been implemented for testing in this PTR. Your impressions and insights on how these changes affect your experience would be very appreciated.
Description by Daeblana

Can be used to make Runewords:

Just announced by Blizzard. Link to the announcement below and a brief summary of what's to come in spoiler tags. At the link you'll find much more detailed patch notes very much worth combing through. Fun times ahead!

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... alance-ptr
Spoiler
As we progress in this PTR, please be aware there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches. All the changes implemented in this PTR are not in Stone. We want to gauge reception and feedback on these changes before we make them final for Live. We encourage our PTR participants to explore and play the following new content:

1. New Class Balance Changes: To ensure that the most significant class changes receive an ample amount of attention, we'd love feedback on changes affecting our seven unique classes.

2. New Rune Words: We encourage you to experience the new Rune Words that can be created and inserted into correlating socketed gear. Please share your feedback on these new items.

3. New
Horadric Cube
Recipes: New
Horadric Cube
Recipes have been implemented to complement Set items, we encourage you to craft these and share your feedback; especially in tandem with new improvements being made to Set items that are generally underused by players.

4. And much more: Mercenary changes, Set Item Bonus Changes, New Level Area changes, Item Tooltip changes, and other changes to gameplay have been implemented for testing in this PTR. Your impressions and insights on how these changes affect your experience would be very appreciated.
The market will change a lot :)

Make your offers, please! Check out the entire catalog with categories or simply list of all trade offers.
OP
Whoa, Insight now available in bows and crossbows... Act 1 Merc Mana Suppliers incoming!

y2kid 109

PC
It's PTR market will probably not take off as much. I expect accounts will still have end game gear available

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
OP
I also count 16 more level 85 levels from their grid. Thank god for some new places to MF.

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Daeblana wrote: 2 years ago
Whoa, Insight now available in bows and crossbows... Act 1 Merc Mana Suppliers incoming!
where did you see this? and i thought they would announce all the other runewords before dropping the patch. we better not just be getting those 5 new ones lol. they implied we'd be getting way more than that.

OP
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
where did you see this? and i thought they would announce all the other runewords before dropping the patch. we better not just be getting those 5 new ones lol. they implied we'd be getting way more than that.
They only have 7 runewords confirmed here: Plague, Pattern, Unbending Will, Wisdom, Obsession, Flickering Flame, Mist. The only one I don't think we've seen until now is Obsession which is very interesting.

Sorceress Americas PC
They only have 7 runewords confirmed here:
there better be 15+ when the patch drops. 7 would suck balls if that was it. and wheres the info on Wisdom?

So, beside few listed niche locations, i still can't find any info of increasing monsters power. Chars are gonna be stronger, mercs too, if the monsters won't be adjusted, it seems ike the game will be too easy, and it's already too easy for OP Paladin and Sorc...im confused. Was there any info about it during live Q&A sessions etc?
Can someone please copy/paste the patch notes for the ones of us that can't access the official site?
OP
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
They only have 7 runewords confirmed here:
there better be 15+ when the patch drops. 7 would suck balls if that was it. and wheres the info on Wisdom?
Yeah I was hoping for more too. There's a disclaimer that this isn't all final so who knows, maybe some surprises in store. Still exciting to be getting massive balance changes and new content for my favorite game of all time. Here's your Wisdom info from the patch notes.

Sorceress Americas PC
Yeah I was hoping for more too. There's a disclaimer that this isn't all final so who knows, maybe some surprises in store. Still exciting to be getting massive balance changes and new content for my favorite game of all time. Here's your Wisdom info from the patch notes.
Thanks man. added the info for those to the runewords cheat sheet. but you're right, even with just these its STILL amazing we are getting new content and updates for this incredible game :D

OP
Kasceis wrote: 2 years ago
Can someone please copy/paste the patch notes for the ones of us that can't access the official site?
I would have done it already but they unfortunately have it formatted in a not so user friendly way to just copy/paste it here. It's very blog posty. It'd be a lot to bring over here even if it was in more of your standard patch notes text only form. Maybe someone else is a little craftier than myself.

Deleted User 632 0

a ton of changes. love that you can now upgrade set items. and they made many of the optional caves and dungeons now area lvl 85.

Deleted User 632 0

Added
Enchant
- Now the Iron Wolf will cast
Enchant
on himself, the player, and nearby allies. i remember i made a posts on reddit asking for this exact change and other merc changes like
Battle Cry
on a5 merc. love these changes.
Ay
The Summoner
Druid though?????

Deleted User 632 0

Crushnasty wrote: 2 years ago
Ay
The Summoner
Druid though?????
looks like they changed the ravens to be used as a attack spell you have to cast all the time now.
OP
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
Added
Enchant
- Now the Iron Wolf will cast
Enchant
on himself, the player, and nearby allies. i remember i made a posts on reddit asking for this exact change and other merc changes like
Battle Cry
on a5 merc. love these changes.
Absolutely love these too. I loved the A3 merc when they were useful 15 years ago. Can't wait to gear one up to *hopefully* be viable again.

Deleted User 632 0

"Character hit block will no longer apply while your character is playing a skill pre-cast animation (Block will still trigger for the skill's post-cast animation)." does this mean skills like Fury for druid will not be interrupted by block?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...