Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
97 replies   8655 views

Description

Hey everyone, my next ssf character build is going to be a bowazon. I haven’t decided on physical or elemental yet, I’ve got at least a week before she’ll be past level 80 for her final re-spec. I’m still on the hunt for another
Lo
so I can make Fortitude, and I do have an Enigma and a couple Treachery’s, but are there any other armours that could be best in slot I’m forgetting, or you would recommend?

The only other runes I have lying around are a
Sur
, 2
Vex
, a
Gul
, and a bunch of low ones, so I can’t make high end rune words armours...yet

Oh I also have a Stone I was thinking I’d put on her so she could have a
Clay Golem
during play through. Otherwise should I be on the lookout for a jewellers armour of something? (Are they shop-able?)

For weapon options I have a Faith and fairly well rolled
Wizendraw
, but no
Windforce
yet.

Thanks for your feedback.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 532

Switch
Hey everyone, my next ssf character build is going to be a bowazon. I haven’t decided on physical or elemental yet, I’ve got at least a week before she’ll be past level 80 for her final re-spec. I’m still on the hunt for another
Lo
so I can make Fortitude, and I do have an Enigma and a couple Treachery’s, but are there any other armours that could be best in slot I’m forgetting, or you would recommend?

The only other runes I have lying around are a
Sur
, 2
Vex
, a
Gul
, and a bunch of low ones, so I can’t make high end rune words armours...yet

Oh I also have a Stone I was thinking I’d put on her so she could have a
Clay Golem
during play through. Otherwise should I be on the lookout for a jewellers armour of something? (Are they shop-able?)

For weapon options I have a Faith and fairly well rolled
Wizendraw
, but no
Windforce
yet.

Thanks for your feedback.

louner 197

Europe PC
For physical bowazon:

I think Fortitude , nothing beats +300% enhanced damage. You don't really need
Clay Golem
, because you have
Valkyrie
and
Decoy
. Enigma doesn't work very well, because she has terrible FCR breakpoints and you will lose a lot of damage vs Fortitude (and you will
Teleport
around arguably slower than running with some +FRW charms).

Faith on you + Pride on Act 2 merc gives you most damage (because you have
Fanaticism
+ Might +
Concentration
which gives you another + damage), next best option is
Windforce
on you + Faith on Act 1 merc.

I think you don't need Treachery, because you can get max IAS without it and in general there is no point in using defensive armors like Treachery or Chains of Honor, because she always keeps distance from monsters and you should just invest in damage and use Merc,
Decoy
and
Valkyrie
as meat shields. She does not benefit a lot from plus skills either.

You can also check my bowazon topic :D forums/general-thoughts-and-tips-on-phy ... 11426.html

In general physical is much easier and satisfying to play (at least for me) because you just come in, place a
Decoy
, use
Slow Missiles
(if needed) and then clean everything with
Strafe
(or
Multiple Shot
- I don't like
Multiple Shot
though, because it burns through
Arrows
quickly,
Strafe
uses a single arrow for 10 shots). Magezon does more single target damage, but you will be starved for mana all the time and you just need to put more effort into targeting when playing the game, so I just like physical bowazons more :D For magezon you can use Ice and Phoenix on swap (which not many people do, but it's still an option, you can make Phoenix in a bow to deal more fire damage - "-28% To Enemy Fire Resistance").

Also if you are interested, this is my build: https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/640106mr

Hey Nate, I am no expert.

According to MrLammaSC
physical bowa:
https://www.icy-veins.com/d2/multiple-s ... azon-build

frost/fire
https://www.icy-veins.com/d2/frost-fire ... azon-build

frost
https://www.icy-veins.com/d2/freezing-a ... azon-build

If you already have Faith then get Fortitude and go for physical.

For elemental bowa you need Ice (
Jah
) - or your cold bow and ofc Infinity for merc (2x
Ber
) and also to have some survivability merc really needs Fortitude or other super strong armor.

I dunno how many characters you play. I always try to do RW which benefit other classes. For example Fortitude which I use on multiple characters.

If you go for Ice RW, then you use
Jah
rune - and u cant use that item elsewhere + you might find bowa not fun and u "wasted"
Jah

If I were you I would go Faith + Fortitude (physical dmg build) so if you decided to go any other physical dmg character you have best armor for it. and if u go mages, then your merc would love that Fortitude even if it wont be in
Eth
armor. And if u decides to go summoner, well you have that Faith for merc - dunno if thats better than normal might aura on act2 merc.

There is also option to go full Maavina (thats also not expensive). Its playable. But dmg is a bit low for my taste. For maavina I would prefer to go elemental.

Regarding
Clay Golem
. You have valk. She never let me down - I did solo with my bowa without any trading or sharing items through entire game to lvl 84 with red numbers on resists and some fights
Valkyrie
was the one who cleared it while I was shooting
Guided Arrow
behind corner. So
Clay Golem
would be nice to have, but there is no need for it - you can go Peace armor and u can save skill points on
Valkyrie

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel
louner wrote: 1 year ago
Magezon does more single target damage, but you will be starved for mana all the time and you just need to put more effort into targeting when playing the game, so I just like physical bowazons more :D
Frost bowa is imho really great vs mass units and regarding mana you need mana leech and if those wont be skeletons you dont be drinkin much. And if that still be bother you you can go 1skill point to multishot, so you will have spell which would give you enough mana even with +3mana leech

Regarding everything else you wroteI pretty much agree.
Fanaticism
+ Might +
Conviction
Windforce

I believe you wanted to write
Concentration
not
Conviction

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel
For physical bowazon:

I think Fortitude , nothing beats +300% enhanced damage. You don't really need
Clay Golem
, because you have
Valkyrie
and
Decoy
. Enigma doesn't work very well, because she has terrible FCR breakpoints and you will lose a lot of damage vs Fortitude (and you will
Teleport
around arguably slower than running with some +FRW charms).

Fanaticism
+ Might +
Concentration
Windforce

I think you don't need Treachery, because you can get max IAS without it and in general there is no point in using defensive armors like Treachery or Chains of Honor, because she always keeps distance from monsters and you should just invest in damage and use Merc,
Decoy
and
Valkyrie
as meat shields. She does not benefit a lot from plus skills either.

You can also check my bowazon topic :D forums/general-thoughts-and-tips-on-phy ... 11426.html

In general physical is much easier and satisfying to play (at least for me) because you just come in, place a
Decoy
, use
Slow Missiles
(if needed) and then clean everything with
Strafe
(or
Multiple Shot
- I don't like
Multiple Shot
though, because it burns through
Arrows
quickly,
Strafe
uses a single arrow for 10 shots). Magezon does more single target damage, but you will be starved for mana all the time and you just need to put more effort into targeting when playing the game, so I just like physical bowazons more :D For magezon you can use Ice and Phoenix on swap (which not many people do, but it's still an option, you can make Phoenix in a bow to deal more fire damage - "-28% To Enemy Fire Resistance").

Also if you are interested, this is my build: https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/640106mr
Question about your build: do you find Delirium to be the best
Helm
option or just the most fun? I'm not rich so investing an
Ist
is quite a big deal, especially when what I really need is a
Lo
for Fortitude (and I'll get there eventually by cubing up
Ist
Gul
Vex
, etc. if one doesn't drop) but I like the look of Delirium as a bit of fun. I'm also quite unclear what the best
Helm
option even is for strafezons, it's not as if I have any 15/40 jewels knocking about to put in a 3 socket
Tiara
or
Giant Skull

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

louner 197

Europe PC
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
Question about your build: do you find Delirium to be the best
Helm
option or just the most fun? I'm not rich so investing an
Ist
is quite a big deal, especially when what I really need is a
Lo
for Fortitude (and I'll get there eventually by cubing up
Ist
Gul
Vex
, etc. if one doesn't drop) but I like the look of Delirium as a bit of fun. I'm also quite unclear what the best
Helm
option even is for strafezons, it's not as if I have any 15/40 jewels knocking about to put in a 3 socket
Tiara
or
Giant Skull
It is good in a sense that you don't need knockback that much when using Delirium (because it disables monsters by casting Confusion) - so it opens up build options that were interesting to me, but it's not the most DPS build. I like to play what I think is crowd control bowazon. It is more fun to me than the DPS option.

The BiS for damage would be that
Tiara
you mentioned (or at least
Giant Skull
) + Faith on you + Pride on merc.

As a budget option I'd go with

1. DPS option
Witchwild String
with
Nef
and
Eth
(so it has knockback and -25% target defense, so it's easier to hit monsters with
Strafe
) and
Guillaume's Face
or
M'avina's True Sight
(more DPS, because it has 30 IAS on it, so if you socket 15 IAS jewel you will get 45 AS - the same as with 3 OS
Tiara
, but without enhanced damage)

OR

2. Crowd control option Edge and Delirium (not that much damage).

Thanks for the response! I'm on bnet but don't play public games, so it's mostly p1 or p2 for me, and I've found dps to be just fine with
Windforce
Atma
's, Treachery, LoH. Should be even better once I do get that Fortitude, although I'll probably have to think about IAS at that point (which I'm usually too lazy to do).

I have more of an issue with surviving, so Delirium does appeal, especially since I'm just using Valk Wing at the moment. With Delirium, I suppose I would probably need to switch out the
Atma
's for Highlord's or Cat's Eye maybe, since the amp damage proc would keep getting overridden.

And I'm so far away from ever having Faith or Pride that I haven't even considered them. :)

Some cheaper options for armor for a phys bowazon before you can get a Fortitude is Duress and Lionheart. I've run Lionheart for a long time until I finally made my Fortitude. WF + Dur or Lion will get you thru Hell on players 1 at least. If running an elemental zon, Peace is a nice cheap option.
halflife wrote: 1 year ago
Some cheaper options for armor for a phys bowazon before you can get a Fortitude is Duress and Lionheart. I've run Lionheart for a long time until I finally made my Fortitude. WF + Dur or Lion will get you thru Hell on players 1 at least. If running an elemental zon, Peace is a nice cheap option.
Any idea what IAS I should be aiming for if rocking Duress or Lionheart? I default to Treachery because I'm lazy and assume the 45 IAS is more important than anything else, but it might be completely redundant.

I never know if I'm reading these things right but looks like with
Strafe
and a
Windforce
, you need 120 for max and 70 for one below max? I think I would struggle to hit 70 without Treachery.

https://warren1001.github.io/IAS_Calculator/

It's doable but not with a runeword helm.

Windforce
20%
IAS jewel in helm 15%
Gloves 20%
Highlord's/Cat's Eye 20%

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
Bowazon is always my starting character.

A high level
Valkyrie
is a complete tank, with a decent mercenary its kind of not fair for solo play. Nothing really gets close to you.

Probably the bow that surprised me the most and I used it for way longer than I should have was
Goldstrike Arch
It absolutely crushes demons and undead.

I play a lot of cold damage because it slows the enemies down, with just a little bit of fire damage. Completely sucks down mana, while you can manage that with mana leech, fire and cold attacks really use it up.

Getting the correct Increased Attack Speed totally changes the character.
So I don't know who this topic is for anymore lol. Nate or Janet the Java. I'm going to make this advice as broad as I can to be applicable to most. I'm using the slowest bow speed and no Faith. If you have a faster bow speed (base speed, not IAS) your numbers will get better.

I would stick with Treachery for armor until you can get a Fortitude. The IAS you get from Treachery brings you halfway to your max breakpoint.

If using multishot or any other skill:
Your attack speed with Treachery is 2.27 attacks per second (with a usable max of 3.12). Your breakpoint without Treachery is 1.66 attacks per second.

Assuming you have some life steal and mana steal this will provide you with more active survivability than higher defense from Duress. Now I hear you asking, "what about the 10-20% enhanced damage from Duress?" That extra damage is immediately removed with the slower attack speed.

Duress has 20% extra damage, at 1.66 attacks per second. Treachery has 0 extra damage at 2.27 attacks per second. Over 10 seconds of shooting (the average length of time an encounter will take), you shoot 16.6 times with Duress and 22.7 with Treachery. An extra 6 shots, which is 600% more damage, unless I am embarrassingly missing something. Life and mana steal will come along with that, increasing your survivability. And then of course, assuming you do get hit, you have a chance to proc
Fade
for 60% elemental and 15% physical resistance.

Now, if you are using
Strafe
:

Your attack speed with Treachery is 6.57 attacks per second (with a usable max of 6.94). Your breakpoint without Treachery is 4.9 attacks per second. With
Strafe
the numbers are even more in favor of Treachery. 69.4 shots with Treachery verses 49 shots without. 20 more shots.

As previously stated by Dimefox, attack speed changes the character. Not just for killing speed, but survivability with life steal, and the ability to keep fighting with mana steal.

Now, on a personal note, I prefer to use multishot. In the same 10 second encounter with a max multishot I get 544 shots (24
Arrows
a shot at 22.7 attacks), instead of the 69 with
Strafe
. Also, I'm not suck in
Strafe
lock as they call it. Yes
Strafe
does a lot more damage per shot, because multi has the 75%
Cap
. But it still works out in the end. I usually only shoot 3 times.

If you want to check your IAS number I use this website here. I just prefer the UI.
https://d2.lc/IAS/

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
I did hijack the thread a bit, sorry about that. :)

My conclusion from above is that Delirium is a decent choice if running Treachery because you can easily hit the breakpoint but once you switch to Fortitude, you're better off socketing some IAS and ED jewels in a low requirement
Helm
, like a
Bone Visage
or
Tiara

As an aside, I much prefer
Strafe
to Multishot.

OP

Nate 532

Switch
These are all good discussions! I’m learning lots, I’m going to try andy’s Visage and Treachery

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
davme_mcreg wrote: 1 year ago

Duress has 20% extra damage, at 1.66 attacks per second. Treachery has 0 extra damage at 2.27 attacks per second. Over 10 seconds of shooting (the average length of time an encounter will take), you shoot 16.6 times with Duress and 22.7 with Treachery. An extra 6 shots, which is 600% more damage, unless I am embarrassingly missing something.

Now, on a personal note, I prefer to use multishot. In the same 10 second encounter with a max multishot I get 544 shots (24
Arrows
a shot at 22.7 attacks), instead of the 69 with
Strafe
. Also, I'm not suck in
Strafe
lock as they call it. Yes
Strafe
does a lot more damage per shot, because multi has the 75%
Cap
. But it still works out in the end. I usually only shoot 3 times.

You are indeed missing something.

Your underlying point is generally absolutely correct: If you're still short of your desired IAS breakpoint, getting to that more often than not yields a lot more extra damage than you would get from focusing on ED with those same 1-2 item slots (exceptions apply but are rare).

The math though..not so much. :)
If you get 2.27 attacks a sec vs. 1.66, that's ~37% more damage, not 600%. 6 shots also wouldn't be equivalent to 600% enhanced dmg. You can't just do a direct comparison of that against the 20% of Duress though because those 20% aren't actually 20%. They get added to existing off-weapon ED (skills, other gear, stat points based, ...) and increase that total multiplier. So 20% from Duress is generally a lot closer to (at that level of gear) probably right around 5% actual damage increase. The better the gear, the lower that relative number gets.
So in that comparison, the IAS vs. Duress ED is something like 7-8x the dmg buff (i.e. significantly better).

Though that same math gets more complex and less clear, depending on the rest of your gear and your target. If you don't have OW elsewhere on your gear, Duress would add quite a bit of "indirect dmg" on high-regen targets via that. Equally, the bigger your target, the more of a difference the crushing blow will make.

But be that as it may, generalizing I'd agree with your point: If you're still gearing up and wouldn't hit your IAS goal without Treachery..Treachery wins more often than not.

As for
Strafe
vs. multi, that depends entirely on your gear (
Pierce
) and the alignment of mobs. If they're nice and spread out, fanning your multi accordingly clears an entire screen (or more) in 1 shot (or probably 4-6 at the gear lvl in question here). If they're in a line in front of you (happens quite a bit in the narrower side corridors of the beginning of CS for example),
Strafe
with a bit of
Pierce
can oftentimes clear that quite a bit faster than multishot does. Equally,
Strafe
simply annihilates single targets.
When in doubt, just max both. Not like a bowzon is short on skill points anyways. :)

Necrarch 1584Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
davme_mcreg wrote: 1 year ago
Duress has 20% extra damage, at 1.66 attacks per second. Treachery has 0 extra damage at 2.27 attacks per second. Over 10 seconds of shooting (the average length of time an encounter will take), you shoot 16.6 times with Duress and 22.7 with Treachery. An extra 6 shots, which is 600% more damage, unless I am embarrassingly missing something.

Now, if you are using
Strafe
:

Your attack speed with Treachery is 6.57 attacks per second (with a usable max of 6.94). Your breakpoint without Treachery is 4.9 attacks per second. With
Strafe
the numbers are even more in favor of Treachery. 69.4 shots with Treachery verses 49 shots without. 20 more shots.
Sorry to disturb, I don't know at all Bowazons, but yes there is something embarrassing in the maths. 6 more shoots is not 600% more damage.

The good maths for 10s Multishot should have been:
For Duress 120% * 16.6 shots =1992% of your base damage
For Treachery 100% * 22.7 = 2270% of your base damage
Treachery still wins but only by about 15% - still good.

For
Strafe

49*120%=5880%
65.7*100%=6570%
Diff ratio is about 12%

Conclusion is same: Treachery is better for dps.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Any idea what IAS I should be aiming for if rocking Duress or Lionheart? I default to Treachery because I'm lazy and assume the 45 IAS is more important than anything else, but it might be completely redundant.

Strafe
and a
Windforce
, you need 120 for max and 70 for one below max? I think I would struggle to hit 70 without Treachery.

Is this also taking into account socketing the WF with a
Shael
or IAS jewel? With a
Shael
, you get 20% IAS, with a jewel you can get 15% IAS max, but potentially nice prefixes such as ED%, etc especially with a nice rare jewel with multiple stats + IAS. On my bowzon, I currently have either 40% or 60% IAS running
Shael
'd WF and 20% crafted IAS gloves and switching out armor pieces, I run at minimum 40% IAS and it runs just fine for me, I main
Strafe
/multi and I prefer higher hitpower with min/max dmg, ED%, and elemental/poison dmg effects. YMMV, but for me, I think as long as you have a decent damage contributing armor such as Fortitude, Duress, or Lionheart, which all of these armors add ED%, elemental or added dmg effects, you don't need to worry TOO much about reaching an IAS breakpoint. 40 to 60% seems to work just fine. I also like to add damage charms in my inventory, including anthrax SCs.
Dimefox wrote: 1 year ago
Bowazon is always my starting character.

A high level
Valkyrie
is a complete tank, with a decent mercenary its kind of not fair for solo play. Nothing really gets close to you.

Probably the bow that surprised me the most and I used it for way longer than I should have was
Goldstrike Arch
It absolutely crushes demons and undead.

I play a lot of cold damage because it slows the enemies down, with just a little bit of fire damage. Completely sucks down mana, while you can manage that with mana leech, fire and cold attacks really use it up.

Getting the correct Increased Attack Speed totally changes the character.
Goldstrike is definitely an underrated bow, and super affordable. I have one too, and it is rolled nearly perfect ED%, so I up'd it to the elite version. Out of all the exceptional unique bows, I'd have to say it's a toss-up for me personally between Goldstrike and Witchwild to up to elite (if it has high rolled stats). I'm not a fan of
Lycander's Aim
, I have a near perfect statted one up'd to elite and it does palsy damage. A high rolled GS can still be rocked in Hell. Super easy to reach nice IAS with that 50% inherent IAS from the bow.

Strafe
and a
Windforce

Is this also taking into account socketing the WF with a
Shael
or IAS jewel? With a
Shael
, you get 20% IAS, with a jewel you can get 15% IAS max, but potentially nice prefixes such as ED%, etc especially with a nice rare jewel with multiple stats + IAS. On my bowzon, I currently have either 40% or 60% IAS running
Shael
'd WF and 20% crafted IAS gloves and switching out armor pieces, I run at minimum 40% IAS and it runs just fine for me, I main
Strafe
/multi and I prefer higher hitpower with min/max dmg, ED%, and elemental/poison dmg effects. YMMV, but for me, I think as long as you have a decent damage contributing armor such as Fortitude, Duress, or Lionheart, which all of these armors add ED%, elemental or added dmg effects, you don't need to worry TOO much about reaching an IAS breakpoint. 40 to 60% seems to work just fine. I also like to add damage charms in my inventory, including anthrax SCs.
I forgot the
Shael
in the
Windforce
, good point, though I still feel inclined to go for that 70. I'll have to test things out with Duress / Lionheart though, whilst a wait for that
Lo

As for Goldstrike, I must admit I found it disappointing vs
Eaglehorn
, though I did not up it which perhaps makes a big difference.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...