diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   4796 views

Description

As the title suggests, what are your thoughts on
Concentrate
?
Could it be improved? Is it fine as is?

For me personally it’s my favorite barb skill. It doesn’t require as much point distribution between synergies as
Frenzy
does for example. It can actually deal magic damage if you level
Berserk
a bit along with it. It’s uninterruptible, raises your DEF with each successful swing. There are certain items basically tailor made for the skill (
Swordguard
comes to mind). It has a lot going for it. It’s the best skill to MF with on a barb in my opinion, even if it is a bit slow to kill in more populated games.

What do you all think about
Concentrate
? Would you make a barb centered around this skill? Or maybe a guide on how to build one?
Description by LuckyAce

Can be used to make Runewords:

As the title suggests, what are your thoughts on
Concentrate
?
Could it be improved? Is it fine as is?

For me personally it’s my favorite barb skill. It doesn’t require as much point distribution between synergies as
Frenzy
does for example. It can actually deal magic damage if you level
Berserk
a bit along with it. It’s uninterruptible, raises your DEF with each successful swing. There are certain items basically tailor made for the skill (
Swordguard
comes to mind). It has a lot going for it. It’s the best skill to MF with on a barb in my opinion, even if it is a bit slow to kill in more populated games.

What do you all think about
Concentrate
? Would you make a barb centered around this skill? Or maybe a guide on how to build one?

I’ve tried WW,
Frenzy
, Beserker all for
Travincal
farming and I am respecting to a
Concentrate
Grief and shield build for a pure Trav horker. For my style, I can play it with my eyes closed, don’t have to worry at all about dying, and it’s only slightly slower. Plus I love the cannot be frozen mod and MF from Rhyme instead of shattering corpses with
Raven Frost
or having to invest into a
Cham
helmet.

I started the Barb to farm many areas as
Frenzy
but I’ve decided to keep him as a specialized character.
OP
Hagawa wrote: 2 years ago
I’ve tried WW,
Frenzy
, Beserker all for
Travincal
farming and I am respecting to a
Concentrate
Grief and shield build for a pure Trav horker. For my style, I can play it with my eyes closed, don’t have to worry at all about dying, and it’s only slightly slower. Plus I love the cannot be frozen mod and MF from Rhyme instead of shattering corpses with
Raven Frost
or having to invest into a
Cham
helmet.

I started the Barb to farm many areas as
Frenzy
but I’ve decided to keep him as a specialized character.
Nice to meet a fellow Conc Horker! I have one myself, specifically built to farm certain areas of the game. Trav being the #1 spot. I also use Grief (in a PB) with Rhyme. I wish people would honestly give
Concentrate
more of a chance, it's such a good skill to focus on for MFing.

sorry for the offtop but
Double Throw
is king right now.
OP
Godefroy1099 wrote: 2 years ago
sorry for the offtop but
Double Throw
is king right now.
I actually have a thrower but not for MF. I wouldn’t recommend one to MF with either only because they’re still very vulnerable to strong phys attacks (because no shield). Unless someone can make a Shield Thrower that doesn’t use
Double Throw
to MF, I’d be impressed lol.

I have no problems with survivability in my barb, not sure what are you talking about. with 4k health it's pretty easy to stay alive as a thrower
OP
Whatever works for you I guess. I was saying I personally wouldn’t recommend doing MF with a thrower but, yeah.

Back to talking about
Concentrate
- if anyone has specific gear set ups they use for
Concentrate
and would like to share, please do. Would love to see other peoples takes on building around this skill

LuckyAce wrote: 2 years ago
Whatever works for you I guess. I was saying I personally wouldn’t recommend doing MF with a thrower but, yeah.

Back to talking about
Concentrate
- if anyone has specific gear set ups they use for
Concentrate
and would like to share, please do. Would love to see other peoples takes on building around this skill
why? I am doing mf ona thrower and it is fantastic, what is the advantage of other builds in that matter becasue I fail to see it. I guess it is just your narrow minded point of view.
I've got myself a bit unfinished conc barb with point into WW. It's just a build for your pleasure, quite safe with shield, quite relaxing
I'm going full
Concentrate
MF right now. Hope it will work out!
You convinced me to give it a try, sometime this weekend. I don't like pure
Berserk
and prefer
Whirlwind
. My issue with
Frenzy
is that it's hard to max
Find Item
, and the whole point of me using a barb for MF is +75% extra drops

My concern with
Concentrate
is the kill speed. It's the denominator of the MF efficiency equation, so slowness really adds up over time
I made my first
Concentrate
Barb in 2006, still one of my favorite builds.

Skills:
Concentrate

Battle Orders

Shout

20 Weapon Mastery
Whirlwind
(and prerequisites)
Berserk

Iron Skin

Natural Resistance

Battle Command

Rest
Bash
- should be about 19 if lvl 99

Gear for my build:

Weapon - this will be the most debatable:
Ethereal Breath of the Dying (EBOTD) in a
Colossus Blade
- Not quite the damage as Grief, but the onboard Mana and Life leech mean minimal potion use, and the 30 to all attributes basically means 90 to Vita (because you can divert your hard points from strength and dexterity to vita), so effectively over 700 health after
Battle Orders
In a
Colossus Blade
over
Phase Blade
for range (3 vs 2 respectively) and its already indestructible from the
Zod
Sword over
Axe
because its fun to dual wield other sword rune words when not using a shield.

Armor:
Arreat's Face
- Preferably Upped and Socketed with ED/IAS Jewel for breakpoint (if using EBOTD
Colossus Blade
)

Gore Rider
- Preferably Upped

Storm Shield - with ED/9Dex Jewel. You only really need extra dexterity when using shields for max block, so might as well have this in the shield jewel. Hard points in dexterity does not improve attack rating very much. You could use a Max Dmg/ED jewel, but there is a bug that causes the Ed to only apply to minimum damage, so kind of a waste.

Dracul's Grasp
for survivability on bosses,
Steelrend
for all else

String of Ears
Belt
, preferably upped. Some prefer Verdungo, but SoE has the same damage reduction and comes with life leech.

Highlord's Wrath

Raven Frost

Bul-Kathos

Body Armor: In most cases these are best in an
Archon Plate
Sacred Armor
is an alternative for more defense but require an additional ~16 hard points in strength, and the extra defense is not too necessary given the already extreme defense of this character (remember
Concentrate
gives a huge bonus when attacking)
Chains of Honor for survivability on bosses / ubers
Enigma for mobility in group games and magic find
Fortitude for melee dueling (here is where one might consider
Sacred Armor
)

2 Heart of the Oak on switch for
Battle Orders
and teleporting

Max damage charms (they are better than poison charms)

Happy Slaying
Phoenix_00 wrote: 9 months ago
I made my first
Concentrate
Barb in 2006, still one of my favorite builds.

Skills:
Concentrate

Battle Orders

Shout

20 Weapon Mastery
Whirlwind
(and prerequisites)
Berserk

Iron Skin

Natural Resistance

Battle Command

Rest
Bash
- should be about 19 if lvl 99

Gear for my build:

Weapon - this will be the most debatable:
Ethereal Breath of the Dying (EBOTD) in a
Colossus Blade
- Not quite the damage as Grief, but the onboard Mana and Life leech mean minimal potion use, and the 30 to all attributes basically means 90 to Vita (because you can divert your hard points from strength and dexterity to vita), so effectively over 700 health after
Battle Orders
In a
Colossus Blade
over
Phase Blade
for range (3 vs 2 respectively) and its already indestructible from the
Zod
Sword over
Axe
because its fun to dual wield other sword rune words when not using a shield.

Armor:
Arreat's Face
- Preferably Upped and Socketed with ED/IAS Jewel for breakpoint (if using EBOTD
Colossus Blade
)

Gore Rider
- Preferably Upped

Storm Shield - with ED/9Dex Jewel. You only really need extra dexterity when using shields for max block, so might as well have this in the shield jewel. Hard points in dexterity does not improve attack rating very much. You could use a Max Dmg/ED jewel, but there is a bug that causes the Ed to only apply to minimum damage, so kind of a waste.

Dracul's Grasp
for survivability on bosses,
Steelrend
for all else

String of Ears
Belt
, preferably upped. Some prefer Verdungo, but SoE has the same damage reduction and comes with life leech.

Highlord's Wrath

Raven Frost

Bul-Kathos

Body Armor: In most cases these are best in an
Archon Plate
Sacred Armor
is an alternative for more defense but require an additional ~16 hard points in strength, and the extra defense is not too necessary given the already extreme defense of this character (remember
Concentrate
gives a huge bonus when attacking)
Chains of Honor for survivability on bosses / ubers
Enigma for mobility in group games and magic find
Fortitude for melee dueling (here is where one might consider
Sacred Armor
)

2 Heart of the Oak on switch for
Battle Orders
and teleporting

Max damage charms (they are better than poison charms)

Happy Slaying
I have my skills almost like yours, but a difference: i'm going with 10
Shout
, 20
Find Potion
, 2
Find Item
and the rest to
Bash
. Just like the print.
The gear im going with
Chance Guards
War Traveler
Goldwrap
and Enigma on a
Balrog Skin
for MF. I have a
Dwarf Star
and
The Rising Sun
as one ring and amulet, so i can LAUGH AND LAUGH at
Travincal
's Council face. Im using a Grief on a
Phase Blade
and a Rhyme Shield.

Helmet i have an
Arreat's Face
socketed with a
Perfect Topaz

It's not the most efficient and optimal gear, but i'm having a ton of fun with it. Hardly drink a potion. And the physical immunes i use the
Berserk
skill, so i don't need
Bone Break
sunder charm.

Rik 132

Americas PC
My impression has been, slow but safe. I’ve never used it exclusively but at stages of the game have found it useful even as just a one point wonder, especially since Bo boosts it. I’ve used it mostly as a method for leeching back life as a shield
Berserk
barb, a build which inevitably is a middle stage of my Metamorphosis through trav before I go dual wield ww. Any time I’d reach 1/3 health I’d start concentrating enemies and when the defense buff kicked in, could reliably soak back my health. I’d also use ww for repositioning though have died more than a few times mistiming it with
Berserk
and rolling through the middle of the pack with zero defense.. Despite not being perfectly suited,
Concentrate
and
Berserk
accommodate each other well, they share synergies, and their huge differences in utility balance each other out when used in conjunction.

I do wish the defense bonus was a bit longer so you could combine it with other skills, namely ww. I like the idea of throwing out a
Concentrate
strike before wwing with a big ass 2h
Axe
straight threw the middle of a crowd, that is, assuming blizz hadn’t decided to castrate all non-sword 2h ww builds, but I digress. Sorry, this isn’t the thread to go about my ww gripe.

I could see the
Concentrate
build being very useful during ladder reset in a team setting, particularly hardcore. With decent res and base defense, he could likely tank and crowd control for an entire party, not to mention bo for all the squishy cannons who would surely compose most of the party. I think the build makes the barb go even further as one of the best support chars in the game.
Rik wrote: 9 months ago
My impression has been, slow but safe.
Well stated.
Concentrate
Barb is best for Ubers and surviving Hardcore.
He can also MF
Mephisto
Pindleskin
, and
Nihlathak
fairly well, just a tad slower.

MF on packs will be too slow using the
Concentrate
skill - i.e. cows, pit, etc.
However, a single point to
Whirlwind
goes a long way. If you have high-end gear, in 1-player game just about any Act V pack goes down in a single pass, and Cows take about 2 passes.

If you took down the Ubers with a Smiter Paladin and said to yourself "so now what", try it again with a
Concentrate
Barbarian.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...