Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   2351 views

Description

It seems like there wont be ladder at launch, how do you guys feel about this? I would have felt quite sad about it, but since then New World got pushed to around the same date and I will thus start D2R a bit later.

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Tavron 132

Paladin Europe PC
It seems like there wont be ladder at launch, how do you guys feel about this? I would have felt quite sad about it, but since then New World got pushed to around the same date and I will thus start D2R a bit later.

"Seven Evils spawned of seven heads. Seven realms birthed from Death."

Stormlash 340Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
If that's true, I'm deeply disappointed.

For me, who plays Ladder exclusively, it's a punch in the stomach. Not being able to compete for Rank#1 or get Ladder only items added to my Holy Grail makes me a bit unhappy.
I might go Classic on Launch...

Honestly I think delaying ladder a few weeks is a good idea.

The Diablo 3 launch was an absolute disaster, if they are launching a whole new online system for d2r then that will give them time to work out the issues.

Imagine the drama of a day 1 ladder start, when 95% of the player base can’t log in due to lag…errors…queue…rollbacks.

This is a good thing I think, especially for HC, we should have a smoother experience when they bring ladder up.
Nope, I disagree. Day 1 means ladder. I'm only playing ladder and I delete more or less every char that is non ladder once the season is over.
Would be a big bummer for me without a day 1 ladder..

D2 & LoD Veteran
Twitch: chr_isso
If you like my posts & content, I would really appreciate a follow on twitch!
Ex InDiablo.de Staff
Greatest Find:
Arkaine's Valor
Fishyzon Build
Frustrating, but I'm not ever 'no-lifing' a ladder reset, so the impact is minimal on me personally. I'll still play launch day for sure.
I too am a bit disappointed for no ladder at launch. Being able to compete for the world first will be a goal for some people. Im not one of them. But i like watching streams of people who do.

gmy77 19

Assassin Europe PC
For my personal view... is not the "end of life" for sure few weeks from official release Blizzard say something about this.
If it means the game will have a smoother launch, I'm for it. I think it will make the opening of ladder a bigger event.
I personally love the idea, it will give time for everyone to settle.
Eh, dissapointes.
I'm not too worried about it, but I can see it from both ways.

I saw someone's comment on Reddit that I really agreed with, they said they'll take the opportunity to just walk through the game slowly and to enjoy the new graphics, talk with NPCs and get the Lore, and to just settle back into the game.

But then I also see it from the other way. People were really excited to start ladder, setting aside time and taking vacation days from work, getting pumped up and prepared and now they have to wait and their plans are all jumbled up.

But if they need to postpone ladder a bit to make sure everything is stable and to ensure a fair ladder start then I'm fine with it. I'll just do a non-ladder walkthrough with my friend and then I'll roll a ladder character when the time comes.

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
It's not a stretch of the imagination to see server stability problems on launch. All games seem to be borderline unplayable for the first few days. Most people I know who play ladder play it to compete on the ladder position. So it makes sense to hold off on the ladder for a few days until the server is stable. Makes an even playing field.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
I think it is a good idea to give everyone a chance to start on stabilized servers. Some people might also encounter bugs and crashes and give them some time to fix them.

I'll simply start a casual game with my GF and have fun until the ladder starts.
Tavron wrote: 2 years ago

With so much "ladder only" stuff going to non-ladder and single player right now, I see zero reason to ever do ladder unless there is exclusive stuff or you truly enjoy ladder. Personally, I've always hated restarting characters for each ladder since the grind to lvl 99 is stupid long unless you have the right conditions.

edit: I think ladder will launch in the "release window" of D2R. Between October and December. I say this because I bet the first few weeks (maybe a month?) will be dedicated to server issues, patches and seeing the community feedback. Blizzard! If you are reading this, we need lobbies for console PLEASE.

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*
IronLesbian wrote: 2 years ago
Tavron wrote: 2 years ago

*IMAGE*
With so much "ladder only" stuff going to non-ladder and single player right now, I see zero reason to ever do ladder unless there is exclusive stuff or you truly enjoy ladder. Personally, I've always hated restarting characters for each ladder since the grind to lvl 99 is stupid long unless you have the right conditions.

edit: I think ladder will launch in the "release window" of D2R. Between October and December. I say this because I bet the first few weeks (maybe a month?) will be dedicated to server issues, patches and seeing the community feedback.
My thoughts exactly. I literally couldn't care about ladder if I tried. The ONLY reason I ever played ladder before was because it was the only way to get some
Key
items and runewords. Now that those have all been made available non-ladder I don't see any reason and am thankful for that. I don't care about being on a leaderboard, and having my progress reset always feels like a kick in the gut. If people want ladder for leaderboards and a fresh economy thats fine. I don't mind having a split if everyone in that regard is enjoying the game. I just always hated feeling forced into ladder because of specific details. I am hoping that they don't start locking things behind ladder again in a future patch, that's honestly a fear of mine now that they moved everything currently to non-ladder. I don't want to get forced into ladder again in 6 months because of some new specific thing. Even locking cosmetics or something behind a ladder would feel pretty crappy after they made the initial effort to bring what was there to everyone off ladder.

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
IronLesbian wrote: 2 years ago
Ya honestly ladder was only nice for that fresh-start feeling but i always hated how i felt forced to play it because of the gated ladder-only content. SOOO happy thats been reversed. Ladder-only Runewords is going to make SP & NL so much better.

Hopefully ladder starts in a week or so after launch.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...