Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
35 replies   1594 views

Will you switch to Ladder Post launch?

Poll ended at 2 years ago

Yes Ladder Season 1 as soon as it launches. (47%)
No, NL is the way (33%)
Future Ladder's but not Season 1 (20%)
Total votes: 90
Total votes: 90

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

It's mostly going to depend on how long it takes for ladder to drop. I don't really think it's dropping within a few days or weeks so I'll probably play enough NL at the start to get my nostalgia fix and put the game down. Once Ladder drops I'll jump back in for the fresh economy and potential fixes for exploits that will probably pollute NL as is tradition.
IronLesbian wrote: 2 years ago
If NL has the perks of L, I see zero reason to ever try L.
If it is anything like classic Diablo 2 the incentive is mostly for the items. Some items wont accessible to NL, and will usually be priced pretty high for NL trades due to not being able to obtain them. I think alot of ppl will play ladder just for the items. If bots are totally done away with in D2R then the race to be the top lvl99 for your class will feel like a semi achievement again.

BMAY 528

Assassin Americas PC
Alchemy wrote: 2 years ago
If it is anything like classic Diablo 2 the incentive is mostly for the items. Some items wont accessible to NL, and will usually be priced pretty high for NL trades due to not being able to obtain them. I think alot of ppl will play ladder just for the items. If bots are totally done away with in D2R then the race to be the top lvl99 for your class will feel like a semi achievement again.
Blizzard has official announced that all previously Ladder-only items will now be available on Non-Ladder + singleplayer.

BMAY wrote: 2 years ago
Blizzard has official announced that all previously Ladder-only items will now be available on Non-Ladder + singleplayer.
About time! Then really the only incentive is to be one of the first few to the top of the ladder when it releases lol

I will probably switch to ladder and go from ladder to ladder.

I say probably because it depends on the level of botting we will see, if botting is controlled and item that are not GG stay relevant, then I don't see any issue with playing NL.
I think I will, but it depends on if I want to try and push the leader boards.

Or I won't push, but use it as an excuse to make a new type of character and level/power it up w/o the help of prior Wealth.
I dont think I will play ladder the first season, everything is already fresh.

But it probably also depends when the ladder season starts.
They removed the concept of Ladder Only Items in D2R tho, which kind of breaks the point

God 0

Europe PC
No reason to play Ladder imo. Unless you want the fresh start ofc.
Does NL get all the ladder runewords? I thought that was just SP.

Stormlash 343Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
azuma wrote: 2 years ago
Yes, it does.

Stormlash wrote: 2 years ago
azuma wrote: 2 years ago
Yes, it does.
Joy!
I only play ladder, Non-ladder will be used for experiments and what not ones I have a bunch of chars there. Interesting to see so many opting for NL tho.
natth wrote: 2 years ago
I only play ladder, Non-ladder will be used for experiments and what not ones I have a bunch of chars there. Interesting to see so many opting for NL tho.
There just isnt a point to play Ladder really lol. Unless they optimize it to have some other benefit besides the race that everyone hates participating in :P

Honestly there's no point to ladder anymore for me. I only played for the runewords and items. I have zero interest in chasing leaderboard ranks. I'm not racing to 99, never interested in doing that. Ladder only forced me in unnecessarily due to the items and runewords. Otherwise I didn't even want to be there because it just resets your progress constantly. I just want to play and enjoy the game, not worry about being reset 4 months later when I don't want to be reset. NL has none of that, no worries, no lack of items anymore. If someone wants the fresh economy they are free to play ladder and trade, but I would only ever do that maybe once every 3-5 ladder resets now. It will be so much more relaxed and less stressful, especially since characters don't get deleted anymore if I want to take a break.
UnrivaledPiercer wrote: 2 years ago
Honestly there's no point to ladder anymore for me. I only played for the runewords and items. I have zero interest in chasing leaderboard ranks. I'm not racing to 99, never interested in doing that. Ladder only forced me in unnecessarily due to the items and runewords. Otherwise I didn't even want to be there because it just resets your progress constantly. I just want to play and enjoy the game, not worry about being reset 4 months later when I don't want to be reset. NL has none of that, no worries, no lack of items anymore. If someone wants the fresh economy they are free to play ladder and trade, but I would only ever do that maybe once every 3-5 ladder resets now. It will be so much more relaxed and less stressful, especially since characters don't get deleted anymore if I want to take a break.
Yeah I can get that. But personally, I do really enjoy the speed running aspect of a fresh ladder. Plan ahead, play smart and you will get rewards that can set you up far ahead others the first weeks. Trying to achieve that with various builds and farm spots always been a huge interest for me. I suppose where you find stress I find a challenge that I find fun. And it's a hobby/game we are supposed to have fun so whatever floats your boat! Really glad they added all rune words to non-ladder as well. If we still play ladder we kind of have the ability to do some grail accounts from previous ladders. That wont go by me completely!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...