Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   2308 views

Description

Ok so i just recently started playing D2R on PC . Should i go non ladder or Ladder i really dont care about the rush. just want a fun experience

Can be used to make Runewords:

Ok so i just recently started playing D2R on PC . Should i go non ladder or Ladder i really dont care about the rush. just want a fun experience

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Ladder is sort of like a race they run every 4 months, only the most well prepared and determined compete to be the first to level 99. It's like a season 'reset' of the game - everyone starts at level 0 again. There are six new runewords in D2R 2.6 which are only available in ladder mode.

Non-Ladder is just standard online play - nobody is racing, just chilling and levelling up characters - it's not a big difference for a new player - those 6 runewords aren't going to ruin the game if you can't access them - there are 87 other ones available to you in Non-Ladder. I'd say just have fun and try and beat the game on Hell. If you find something good list it here and maybe you can make a profit.

Welcome btw :) Feel free to ask any questions here as you get along.

OP
Ok thanks i guess ill go non ladder and restart my FoH Pally
The trading scene tends to be more active on Ladder, in case that is of interest. But personally I would definitely start NL and then see how you feel when season 4 starts!

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
If you're actually new, I'd go ladder.

Yes, ladder resets every few months and as a new player joining a few weeks in, you won't care much about the "race to the top" aspect of it, if only because it is already too late for that this season, but generally speaking, ladder is still usually a fair bit more active at this stage of it (educated assumption based on [extensive] personal observation).

Now, if you're well underway on non-ladder and only play in hell runs and/or have folks you reliably play with, it won't matter too much. But if you're just starting out and may hence be looking for folks to play through the game with on lower difficulties, that tends to be a lot easier on ladder.

Ladder equally 'dies out' as it progresses and nears the end but we're not there yet for this season.

Plus you don't lose anything for going ladder. After the season ends, all of your ladder stuff simply becomes non-ladder (rather than disappearing) so you keep everything you gained throughout the season.
My recommendation is to play NL.
HR especially
Ber
and unique items are much cheaper in Non-Ladder than in Ladder.
About the through the game, you can ask for help in the topic below.
Since in NL people are just chilling and already have many character fully gears, it is easier to ask for a rush.
forums/project-free-rush-t335723-240.html

Relax and have fun!

mhlg 815

Americas PC
Why make it an either or when you can choose to do both ladder and non ladder?

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Necrarch 1583Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Two of the modt experienced players (Schnorki and Mockingbird) have given opposite advice so do what you want ;)
Usually you'll have a mule on where your main is not for trading purpose. :)

PS. If you wanna play Assassin, definitely go ladder. That's THE one class favoured by latest runewords that are currently L only.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

apsus 29

Europe PC
My suggestion for a new player since u dont care about reaching 99 start ladder though is harder the trade community is more active and items still worth something to trade in NL most good stuff i found i drop then for free in Normal games cause are prety much worthless (also nice to help people) that also means you can boost youself easily in NL but after a while everything you find is not going to have the same value as in ladder

Check all stashes. Don't forget to trust...
All items in can be sold for runes... Sols
Perfect Gems
Amethysts Rubys Rals etc
If it's a deal add me we trade in-game.
go Single Player. No rush. You need to do everything by your own and need to find everything by your self.
I need a
Tal
orb and the game dropped 3 Occus .... :) You can adjust
Terror
Zones. I like it!
Others have mentioned that trading is more active on ladder. Because people have had time to build up their accounts, rune values are different. High runes are "cheaper" when traded for items, but this means that items are more expensive when traded for runes.

My suggestion would be to go ladder. As many have said you can get lots of the early game items for free, and then once the season ends you'll have a good base to either continue non-ladder, or create a new character for next season...or both.
Kizlo wrote: 1 year ago
if thats your first character, then there is no reason to go NL. If you have some Wealth on NL then it could make sense to use it for your next character. But u dont.

Go ladder:
1) you can get all the RW
2) there are way more ladder dclone walks than on NL
3) when season ends it will be automaticly transfered to NL so you can continue there and use your accumulated Wealth for other characters.

add me as friend and I can give you stuff which will help your character. If I will be out of items you could use then I can give you at least Anni and sundercharms (if I have ur element). My best trash anni I have is 17/18 or something. Maybe some starter runes for basic RW - like Stealth etc. Or whatever I find in few days - if you dont mind wait few days.

Check items I sell. Most of them has no value - few pgems,
Ral
Nef
at most to help with crafting. I dont mind giving them for free - they are blocking my stash anyway :D

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel
OP
yeah i started ladder reason i asked was i needed a rush and like 4 people was like i dont play ladder is why i had the question
Kizlo wrote: 1 year ago
yeah i started ladder reason i asked was i needed a rush and like 4 people was like i dont play ladder is why i had the question
Add me. I'm done with ladder this season and have gone back to working offline for holy grail, but I can rush if you need and give you some decent gear for FOHdin.

Necrarch 1583Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Don't forget to let him enjoy the game at least once fully :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
This.
Returning-after-20-years-of-OG-D2 is one thing. But throwing rushes and free gear at actually new players - nice of a gesture as it may be - feels a bit counterproductive imo.

Edit:
Nevermind I guess..seems the OP disagrees, based on the free rush topic post..very well, go throw your free stuff at him. :p
Start Ladder mate, then the next season you'll have a new goal, to be in a better position :)
If you're going online, I'd recommend ladder simply because there's more people playing it. That said, some prices (runes are used for currency in D2) on ladder are really screwy right now, like way 2X higher than normal (or higher) in certain instances. I don't know if it's because bots are running wild and farming up lots of runes- maybe the botters have figured out
Travincal
runs or something? Regardless that has good and bad sides. On the good side, it makes acquiring high runes easier- I traded a 35%FCR Spirit
Monarch
for a
Vex
rune a couple weeks ago. That's just insane. On the bad side, it means the runes you find are worth less, so there is much less of a dopamine hit when you find like, a
Sur
rune.

Single player has its own merits. You have to find everything yourself, which makes gearing up far more difficult. On the other hand, single player has an interesting mechanic in that what gear you find strongly influences what build and even what class you play. In multiplayer, you can simply trade for any item in the game, and you know you can gear up any class or build you want to play.
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
i personally recommend offline play to anyone for that. I'm all for rushing/getting rushed on ladder, but playing through with each class offline definitely gives a different perspective.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...