Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
62 replies   7146 views

Description

I mean...I can't say I'm surprised. But yeah...two (sadly) kinda predictable things happened, leading to a toooootally unforeseeable (right..) outcome:

1) Mosaic post-patch still stacks additively, leading to 100% chance to keep your
Charge
as well as an infinite refresh when dual wielding it. So far, ok, that was kind of the point.
2)
Dragon Talon
was left unchanged. Hell of an oversight there.
Dragon Talon
as of right now (patch just hit, works on SP) still applies finishers on every single hit, not once per full cycle.

Now, what does this mean?
It means MA sins just turned into not only the ultimate disco ball but also the single most ridiculous DPS I've seen on any legit build in this game to date. And that includes the prior multi-million DPS DT builds.

Given sufficient +skill, you can push talon to 8-9 strikes per cycle (i.e. 8-9 strikes at insane attack speed). Each of those triggers
Phoenix Strike
. And
Blades of Ice
. And
Claws of Thunder
. And
Fists of Fire
. And counts
Cobra Strike
. And just for good measure counts
Tiger Strike
as well. The lightshow is damn impressive. And the DPS this throws out is to the point where - I kid you not - I couldn't even time the dclone kill. I genuinely had to change it to P8 to even stand a chance at a non-instant-kill. On P8, you're looking at right around a second to just plain annihilate him while any mob around him still blows up instantly.

But damn...that light show...good lord!
In terms of normal farming (so not bosses), you literally just
Dragon Flight
from pack to pack and everything falls over dead, no questions asked.

It truly is just as insane as predicted. And honestly, maybe even more so.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3163Moderator

PC
I mean...I can't say I'm surprised. But yeah...two (sadly) kinda predictable things happened, leading to a toooootally unforeseeable (right..) outcome:

1) Mosaic post-patch still stacks additively, leading to 100% chance to keep your
Charge
as well as an infinite refresh when dual wielding it. So far, ok, that was kind of the point.
2)
Dragon Talon
was left unchanged. Hell of an oversight there.
Dragon Talon
as of right now (patch just hit, works on SP) still applies finishers on every single hit, not once per full cycle.

Now, what does this mean?
It means MA sins just turned into not only the ultimate disco ball but also the single most ridiculous DPS I've seen on any legit build in this game to date. And that includes the prior multi-million DPS DT builds.

Given sufficient +skill, you can push talon to 8-9 strikes per cycle (i.e. 8-9 strikes at insane attack speed). Each of those triggers
Phoenix Strike
. And
Blades of Ice
. And
Claws of Thunder
. And
Fists of Fire
. And counts
Cobra Strike
. And just for good measure counts
Tiger Strike
as well. The lightshow is damn impressive. And the DPS this throws out is to the point where - I kid you not - I couldn't even time the dclone kill. I genuinely had to change it to P8 to even stand a chance at a non-instant-kill. On P8, you're looking at right around a second to just plain annihilate him while any mob around him still blows up instantly.

But damn...that light show...good lord!
In terms of normal farming (so not bosses), you literally just
Dragon Flight
from pack to pack and everything falls over dead, no questions asked.

It truly is just as insane as predicted. And honestly, maybe even more so.

Khegan 376

There's no way this was ever tested internally, right? Or maybe the answer is obvious and I shouldn't bother asking.

Anyway, MA sins weren't given any love for a LONG time; I suppose it's well deserved by now.
OP

Schnorki 3163Moderator

PC
Talking about blizz here..so yeah, the answer is obvious.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
I really hope you are right, cause as of now, I don't have a single chars who can really easily solo hell on p8 ssf.

cross my fingers.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
Hope they won't patch it.

Relax and have fun!
Nice, hope they don't change it

NOT PLAYING MUCH LATELY; ON MY MINECRAFT/MELEE GRIND
You can always make alternative offers with Keys.
I don't really trade in pgems.
Can trade on PC and Switch

second account JuliePayette#1511
Wait, so is my HC trapsin now getting the - to enemy light res? :)

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

ShadowHeart 1721Moderator

Europe PC
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
If the patch is live, then yes! :)

Also, on topic... I never really thought of the ramifications of being able to
Charge
up all your
Charge
-based skills and then continuously releasing all of them at an insanely fast rate. I may have to consider making an MA sin on ladder.... >:D

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
Wow. Thanks for the info. I will give MA sin a try after farming for the runes needed.
OP

Schnorki 3163Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
If the patch is live, then yes! :)

Also, on topic... I never really thought of the ramifications of being able to
Charge
up all your
Charge
-based skills and then continuously releasing all of them at an insanely fast rate. I may have to consider making an MA sin on ladder.... >:D
Yeah, it is properly ridiculous. In both approaches (DT + elemental).

DT is a lot simpler to get going as all you need to
Charge
up is tiger (and perhaps cobra if you feel squishy). The downside is you need a lot more specific and expensive gear to really make it go insane. To the point where on live, that's fairly unrealistic.

Elemental takes a few seconds to
Charge
up on zoning as you're looking at 4-6
Charge
up skills you want loaded but you can drive that to absolute insanity even without fully perfecting the gear. Though once you do..hard to tell a difference between P1 and P8 tbh.
Does that make this the only viable MA build? "Viable" meaning in this case, "If your goal is to make the best MA build, here's your target"? Infinite charges + DT on every kick is beyond godly if you factor in high
Fade
and BO.

All from a couple of
Gul
. Bonkers.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
OP

Schnorki 3163Moderator

PC
The only affordable one at that level at least. DT was bonkers even before the whole Mosaic idea but the gear was/is even harder to get than the Mosaic version.

But this..yeah..
Hell, you don't even need sunders for it since you're looking at 3 elements + physical on everything.
OP

Schnorki 3163Moderator

PC
Fun side effect:
Your uber runs have 0 adds. Or at least 0 visible adds, seeing how anything that spawns would die instantly in the insane AoE all over. Kind of like meph did..at least dia lasted long enough to still be in Death animation while
Baal
gets killed. Meph really kinda just blew up instantly.
The mega lords are the only thing actually can survive you since they're immune to everything and its mom. But any single sunder quickly fixes that.

Necrarch 1598Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
The images are nuts ! :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Schnorki 3163Moderator

PC
The gameplay even more.

Though there is some sort of super annoying bug that I haven't quite narrowed down yet...SOMETHING in this chain of explosions ends up breaking
Cobra Strike
. And when it does, it kills both
Cobra Strike
and any normal leech you'd have for the rest of the game, even if you let all charges expire. Plus it feels like the damage you take goes up massively as well. Weird...and annoying AF...only seems to happen when
Tiger Strike
and/or
Fists of Fire
are involved though. Sticking to Phoenix, Blades, Thunder and Cobra seems to reliably be working just fine.
OP

Schnorki 3163Moderator

PC
And just because it wasn't silly enough yet...as it turns out, the above isn't just because my test sin was built with baller gear:
Double Mosaic +
Boots
and basically nothing else (just forgot to ditch the anni + torch) = still easily chewing through dclone and still 1-2 shotting everything in CS and the like. Cuz...yeah...

Necrarch 1598Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Mosaic on blank
Runic Talons
with no + skills ? And upped gores ?

Crazy stuff.

Nerf hammer is coming !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Schnorki 3163Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Mosaic on blank
Runic Talons
with no + skills ? And upped gores ?

Crazy stuff.

Nerf hammer is coming !
I didn't quite go so far as to bother making new
Claws
so the talons do still have skills on them. But that's less impact than 6 plain skillers with 2 blank
Claws
would have. So..hardly game-changing.
Those screenshots are quite pretty in their way.

I wonder how long it will take to change this setup... and how they will break something else in the process.

BillyMaysed 2187Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
MA sins, even post D2R improvements, still sucked balls compared to most lol. This is incredible and i REALLY hope they either don't nerf it or, if they do, they don't nerf it too hard so it at least stays as a viable option :D.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...