Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   1594 views

Description

Hey my foreign heroes,

I play D2R in german language and often get stuck when searching for an item like "Pfeilmacher - Riesenzauber der Flamme" to trade here on this site. In english it is called "Fletcher's Grand Charm of Flame".

So I decided to trap some heroes in my dungeon and give their souls to
Baal
. That way I became his best buddy. When I have problems with an item I can ask him for help and he translates the itemname to my screen.

Maybe there are some other heroes which are happy to give it a try. If you search for an Item, Monster, Area or something else in the D2-Universe, ask
Baal
on

https://d2.ismygame.de/

Supported languages are (I did not test all of them)
deDE
enUS
esES
esMX
frFR
itIT
jaJP
koKR
plPL
ptBR
ruRU
zhCN
zhTW

This is not a complete item database, I just split your searchterm and hope to find all parts in the translation.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey my foreign heroes,

I play D2R in german language and often get stuck when searching for an item like "Pfeilmacher - Riesenzauber der Flamme" to trade here on this site. In english it is called "Fletcher's Grand Charm of Flame".

Baal
. That way I became his best buddy. When I have problems with an item I can ask him for help and he translates the itemname to my screen.

Maybe there are some other heroes which are happy to give it a try. If you search for an Item, Monster, Area or something else in the D2-Universe, ask
Baal
on

https://d2.ismygame.de/

Supported languages are (I did not test all of them)
deDE
enUS
esES
esMX
frFR
itIT
jaJP
koKR
plPL
ptBR
ruRU
zhCN
zhTW

This is not a complete item database, I just split your searchterm and hope to find all parts in the translation.

Take this potion of LUCK

You play in a different language and want to trade an item with the name "Brennender Riesenzauber der Verstümmelung"?
Use the Baaltor tool to translate it into "Burning Grand Charm of Maiming"
ToX-I-qUc wrote: 1 year ago
Baal
Baal
There's your problem... everyone knows that
Mephisto
is the linguist.
Spoiler
[Edit]
I just wanted to make people knew this was a joke.
[/Edit]
I don't know what I was expecting.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
I started D2R in german too, but I switched to english after a few weeks and here are some reasons:

- some translations sounds awful ( -> Does anyone remember the localization of World of Warcraft?? That was also the horror)
- most trading platforms and forums are in english
- I can improve my bad english :D

Switch Friends Code: 6184-4783-6702
OP
yes I tried the english version too, but I am so used to the german version since I was a kid. It just feels wrong to me playing in english.

And I often see guys posting their item luck in czech or french here.

@snakecharmed
so now you know,
Kuko Shakaku
is in almost every language the same... but for our japanese guys, they seem to call it... "クコ・シャカク "

Take this potion of LUCK

You play in a different language and want to trade an item with the name "Brennender Riesenzauber der Verstümmelung"?
I would have been surprised if
Baal
came up with something like Kuko Schakaku :D
Fliflaflo wrote: 1 year ago
I can improve my bad english
Good for you trying to immerse yourself.

I've spent years trying to learn Japanese, but I've never really got far because I don't like sounding like a child so not really tried to immerse myself.

Lot's of luck.
phantomotap wrote: 1 year ago
Fliflaflo wrote: 1 year ago
I can improve my bad english
Good for you trying to immerse yourself.

I've spent years trying to learn Japanese, but I've never really got far because I don't like sounding like a child so not really tried to immerse myself.

Lot's of luck.
One thing that will greatly help you learn a new language is to stop caring how you sound when speaking it.

You have to understand that people almost always appreciate the fact that someone has put in the work to learn their language and only imbeciles would make fun of someone not speaking properly.

I am traveling a lot and always trying to speak the language of the country I'm in. Naturally, I struggle at times (e.g. Hungarian is HARD), but hey, I don't care, I just focus on getting better :) Trust me, I've never met anyone who didn't smile when I was "speaking" their language :)
@snakecharmed
so now you know,
Kuko Shakaku
is in almost every language the same... but for our japanese guys, they seem to call it... "クコ・シャカク "
The funny part about that is
Kuko Shakaku
is supposed to be Japanese (or maybe more accurately, "Japanese"), but the translation uses katakana which is intended for transcribing foreign words into Japanese.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
ur japanese guys, they seem to call it... "クコ・シャカク "
Kuko Shakaku
is supposed to be Japanese (or maybe more accurately, "Japanese"), but the translation uses katakana which is intended for transcribing foreign words into Japanese.
Buriza-Do Kyanon
is another one.
Ok took me two minutes to understand what I was doing, but cool site. Would have been cool to reverse to english from another language too.

Necrarch 1485Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Trang Oul wrote: 10 months ago
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
ur japanese guys, they seem to call it... "クコ・シャカク "
Kuko Shakaku
Buriza-Do Kyanon
is another one.
Yeah but here it's Jap-Engrish for Blizzard Cannon, so Katakana sounds appropriate. :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
renard wrote: 10 months ago
Ok took me two minutes to understand what I was doing, but cool site. Would have been cool to reverse to english from another language too.
What do you mean?
You can search for "Harlekinskrone" and set Translate to: "enUS" and get "
Harlequin Crest
".

Take this potion of LUCK

ToX-I-qUc wrote: 10 months ago
What do you mean?
You can search for "Harlekinskrone" and set Translate to: "enUS" and get "
Harlequin Crest
".
I guess I didn't spot the enUS value sorry ^^

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation