Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
69 replies   18381 views

Description

Description by oldboldsummoner

Can be used to make Runewords:

What people ask for or offer is usually a starting point for negotiating a deal. You will often offer less or ask for more and can go up or down from there respectively. Sometimes it's better to take a little less to make a sale then have an undesirable item sit untraded.

Softcore Ladder s3
oldboldsummoner wrote: 2 years ago

It puts me exactly where I am and always have been in this thread: An observer and commenter looking to inform the one who thinks they had a good deal that they probably didn't, hence the PSA.
Which brings us back to where your detractors have always been in the same thread: the market info is perfect or near perfect and freely accessible. The people you are trying to warn have the tools available to them and if they can’t be arsed to use them, i highly doubt your post here on the forums will change anything.
OP
Alright, fine. This is the not the hill that's worth dying on.
twiz wrote: 2 years ago
My 2 cents...

The market is over saturated on items, that sit without buyers, yet people are still asking for more than what is typically listed both here ( forums/trade-value-guide-runes-torches- ... 20668.html ) and PureDiablo ( https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threa ... dder.1953/ ). When there's a surplus of items, the price should go down, yet people asking for what is suggested in the price guides get called 'lowballers'.
Actual lowballers are (fairly) easy to deal with... If you see someone making an offer in bad Faith, you can post 'Hey, this item is worth X on average', or make a reasonable offer and outbid them. This is a trading community with price checking tools, it should stand to reason that people should use them.

IMO, the real problem is the Flippers. They are a CANCER to any games economy.
Flippers generally have a surplus of currency, that they use to not only outbid others, but it allows them to make 'money' just by having money. They make a few flips, and now they've got funding to expand into another popular item or two. Once they get a foothold, they can control the price by buying out any low priced items, then control the price so they're the only one to sell. If something's selling for 5
Ist
, they can take afford to take the hit to undercut another seller. If the other seller tries to undercut them? They can just buy the item to remove the competition.

This 1000% It will shut down trade sites eventually doesn't matter how many new ones you make or what tools you implement.

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.
“It is nought, it is worthless!” saith the buyer; but when he has gone his way, then he boasteth.

Seems god knows this as well but were to smart to wise up on it oh well eat your clever cakes now they will be bitter later ;)

Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.
Xanhast70 wrote: 1 year ago
My 2 cents...

The market is over saturated on items, that sit without buyers, yet people are still asking for more than what is typically listed both here ( forums/trade-value-guide-runes-torches- ... 20668.html ) and PureDiablo ( https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threa ... dder.1953/ ). When there's a surplus of items, the price should go down, yet people asking for what is suggested in the price guides get called 'lowballers'.
Actual lowballers are (fairly) easy to deal with... If you see someone making an offer in bad Faith, you can post 'Hey, this item is worth X on average', or make a reasonable offer and outbid them. This is a trading community with price checking tools, it should stand to reason that people should use them.

Flippers generally have a surplus of currency, that they use to not only outbid others, but it allows them to make 'money' just by having money. They make a few flips, and now they've got funding to expand into another popular item or two. Once they get a foothold, they can control the price by buying out any low priced items, then control the price so they're the only one to sell. If something's selling for 5
Ist
, they can take afford to take the hit to undercut another seller. If the other seller tries to undercut them? They can just buy the item to remove the competition.

This 1000% It will shut down trade sites eventually doesn't matter how many new ones you make or what tools you implement.
dear necromancer,

could you please not?

Crispin wrote: 1 year ago
My 2 cents...

Ist

dear necromancer,

could you please not?
Freedom of speech.

Could you please not censor?

you clearly did not understand anything of what I wrote.

stop resurrecting old topics.
(hence the necromancer)

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
People making margins on trades, buying up competition then relisting, manipulating prices etc. are all as old as the hills, in real life and in Sanctuary. I wouldn't be concerned about strategies like this 'shutting down' trade sites such as the one we have here. Does flipping exist? Yes. Is it as destructive to the small economy here and on other sites as you think? Debatable - I would actually counter that tbh, the more trades are happening and the more items swapping hands, no matter the benefactor, can only be a good thing for markets. Sellers find buyers, buyers find sellers, people's motivations for trading (whether that's a quick sell or a long term hedge/flip) are met with results - justifying exchanges such as this one. If you don't want to get involved with that on Principle, then it's your choice whether or not you trade with those people.

Crispin wrote: 1 year ago
you clearly did not understand anything of what I wrote.

stop resurrecting old topics.
(hence the necromancer)
Why not though?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...