Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   8254 views

[PSA]: Multiple Torches & Annis Allowed in Shared Stash

No data yet

Description

Disclosure: In an admitted state of vulnerability, I somehow overlooked (missed) this overtly major update with Shared stash that the Dev's were never very in the open about and I wanted to share this with others.

While many of you may have already been astutely aware of this nuance, my gut tells me that there are many in the wild (especially those new Nephalem) that were potentially unaware of this quality of life adjustment so I felt compelled to share this in the open.
Blizzard wrote:
You can affirmatively house multiple hellfire torches and
Annihilus
charms across your shared stashes - see below live screenshot from a stream recently watched last week:
This is significant especially for those of us that do not intend to multi-box or secure an additional license on a secondary rig. This enables you to swiftly store and take advantage of multiple
Diablo Clone
situations without needing to sweat the legacy conundrum of already having an
Annihilus
equipped.

Cheers all - your neighborhood friendly Th3ory

Can be used to make Runewords:

Th3ory 419

Paladin Americas PC
Disclosure: In an admitted state of vulnerability, I somehow overlooked (missed) this overtly major update with Shared stash that the Dev's were never very in the open about and I wanted to share this with others.

While many of you may have already been astutely aware of this nuance, my gut tells me that there are many in the wild (especially those new Nephalem) that were potentially unaware of this quality of life adjustment so I felt compelled to share this in the open.
Blizzard wrote:
You can affirmatively house multiple hellfire torches and
Annihilus
charms across your shared stashes - see below live screenshot from a stream recently watched last week:
This is significant especially for those of us that do not intend to multi-box or secure an additional license on a secondary rig. This enables you to swiftly store and take advantage of multiple
Diablo Clone
situations without needing to sweat the legacy conundrum of already having an
Annihilus
equipped.

Cheers all - your neighborhood friendly Th3ory

Well put.
Two additions:
  • Same is true of
    Gheed's Fortune
  • If you have a unique charm of any kind in your personal stash or backpack, you will not be able to pick up a charm of the same type in your shared stash.
    • This one may seem like no biggie, but it's true even if you want to do space management. So it can get annoying sometimes, like if you're trying to reorganize a shared tab.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
OP

Th3ory 419

Paladin Americas PC
cristobal03 wrote: 2 years ago
Two additions:
  • Same is true of
    Gheed's Fortune
  • If you have a unique charm of any kind in your personal stash or backpack, you will not be able to pick up a charm of the same type in your shared stash.
    • This one may seem like no biggie, but it's true even if you want to do space management. So it can get annoying sometimes, like if you're trying to reorganize a shared tab.
Awesome addition Cristo! I didn't think about Gheeds charms; thanks for sharing.

To your point on space management, just sounds like you would need to take it from personal drop it in "Shared" and then exchange the Gheeds/Anni/Torch that you would like to possibly swap out. Small minor workflow.

Schnorki 3171Moderator

PC
In generalized terms:
Unique items (in the sense that you can only have one, rather than them being unique quality) are only ever unique per character.

Shared stash does not count as a or towards any character.

As such, shared stash can hold however many of any of those items you can fit.

Your inventory, personal stash and mouse cursor however all count as your character which is why you can't have say an anni in your personal stash and your inventory or pick one up (cursor) while having one in your inventory.

This applies to any and all such items (of which there aren't too many and they're already listed here).
OP

Th3ory 419

Paladin Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
In generalized terms:
Unique items (in the sense that you can only have one, rather than them being unique quality) are only ever unique per character.

Shared stash does not count as a or towards any character.

As such, shared stash can hold however many of any of those items you can fit.

Your inventory, personal stash and mouse cursor however all count as your character which is why you can't have say an anni in your personal stash and your inventory or pick one up (cursor) while having one in your inventory.

This applies to any and all such items (of which there aren't too many and they're already listed here).
Thanks and makes sense - definitely was already aware on all other items including uniques. For me, it was purely the Torch/Anni/Gheeds component that I wasn't really thinking through as it was never explicitly called out in patch updates. Unless I missed it, but form searching I was unable to explicitly find it and only then recalled in a distant Memory a dev discussing live.

Schnorki 3171Moderator

PC
Yeah, I can't recall it ever having been actively discussed much. But it was definitely one of the best parts of the new stash.
I'd just like to add one extra note here... the first stash page isn't a shared stash so "storeing" unique charms on that page so you can pick up new ones doens't work. Make sure you throw the unqiue charms on pages 2-4.

I play this game, not because I'm good, but because I'm stubborn.
Also I play a wearbear amazon because I like punching things.
I grunt in your general direction good sir.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...