Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   6399 views

PSA: Create games in the lobby instead of clicking the play button

No data yet

Description

My stash was full so I wanted to log on and rearrange. I just clicked on the "play" button on the character screen since it was going to be a pretty quick session. This automatically creates a game like "Game125564234234" and it's password-protected so that people can't join you.

I started moving items around in my stash and I tossed a bunch of stuff on the Ground while I was playing stash Tetris. I'm sure you can guess what happened next. The game just unexpectedly crashed to desktop without any warning. After I logged in, I wasn't able to join that same game name and I lost all my items. :-(

If I would have just created in the lobby, I could have just rejoined the same game and recovered my items. Painful lesson, I hope others don't make the same mistake.

Can be used to make Runewords:

My stash was full so I wanted to log on and rearrange. I just clicked on the "play" button on the character screen since it was going to be a pretty quick session. This automatically creates a game like "Game125564234234" and it's password-protected so that people can't join you.

I started moving items around in my stash and I tossed a bunch of stuff on the Ground while I was playing stash Tetris. I'm sure you can guess what happened next. The game just unexpectedly crashed to desktop without any warning. After I logged in, I wasn't able to join that same game name and I lost all my items. :-(

If I would have just created in the lobby, I could have just rejoined the same game and recovered my items. Painful lesson, I hope others don't make the same mistake.

I offer Uber Service, Rush Service and have many items for sale, Add me on battle.net | Hoost07#1211

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
This also happened to me too. luckily i only lost a few low lvl items. I'm sorry if you lost anything of great value. :(

OP
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
This also happened to me too. luckily i only lost a few low lvl items. I'm sorry if you lost anything of great value. :(
It was mostly charms that I tossed on the Ground, but a decent amount of value was lost.

Bye, bye, Vita and shimmering grand charms. :'-(

I offer Uber Service, Rush Service and have many items for sale, Add me on battle.net | Hoost07#1211
You *rejoin* your "Play"-Game, too. You just have to write down the game name/pw. So... it will never happen. :D

But you know, theoretically...

Trollwut#2511
OP
I actually tried to check and see if something like Shadowplay was running that I could grab a recording from, but I couldn't find the name.

Whenever I realize I messed up and didn't create from lobby (for example opening portals to Ubers and other actions that can't be reversed) I take a photo of the game name, this way I can rejoin, if I mess up or the game crashes

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731
OP
PrincipalOShagH wrote: 2 years ago
Whenever I realize I messed up and didn't create from lobby (for example opening portals to Ubers and other actions that can't be reversed) I take a photo of the game name, this way I can rejoin, if I mess up or the game crashes
Very smart. I suppose I'll be doing this from now... assuming I remember.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
I'm sorry for your loss.

And thats why i never throw things on the Ground when i reorganize my stash. It maybe slower but at least i feel safe while doing it.
How long do games stay active even when no players in it?

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
halflife wrote: 2 years ago
Only a few minutes I think.

But be aware, even when creating a game via "play" button, people on your friendlist can still join the game without a password if you have "friend list joining" active - even tho it is not made through lobby.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
Fen wrote: 2 years ago
halflife wrote: 2 years ago
Only a few minutes I think.

But be aware, even when creating a game via "play" button, people on your friendlist can still join the game without a password if you have "friend list joining" active - even tho it is not made through lobby.
Yes, I've noticed that about the Friends List players being able to join a pw protected game. Thanks.
Yea, I have never been able to join the Play button games even when writing down the password and game name. I assume they are temp games and get removed once everyone leaves the game. So I just make lobby games.
I'm super paranoid about dropping expensive items on the Ground for exactly this reason.
Hoost07 wrote: 2 years ago

A quşck question: How do we see game name if we didn't create it from lobby?

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
basicnecromancy wrote: 1 year ago
Party button
Flyhorse wrote: 1 year ago
basicnecromancy wrote: 1 year ago
Party button
Thanks.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Anonemous wrote: 2 years ago
Yea, I have never been able to join the Play button games even when writing down the password and game name. I assume they are temp games and get removed once everyone leaves the game. So I just make lobby games.
Must've been a typo in there then. You can most definitely rejoin them and they, too do not just close when you leave.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...