Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   1027 views

Description

whats up with people offering half or well below what the seller is asking for gettin a bit ridiculous if its less than
Vex
its easy to come by just give the people what they want lol
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

whats up with people offering half or well below what the seller is asking for gettin a bit ridiculous if its less than
Vex
its easy to come by just give the people what they want lol
because they're confident they can get away with ripping people off
Lots of people that play now aren't interested in a fair exchange... they want what you have cheaper then it's worth... and they want you to buy what they are selling at double the price.

I go into these games all the time and tell them their asking price is way to high, and some of them legit don't know... and some don't care.
That's the nature of a barter based market. There might be some generally accepted average values, given a fair range, but at the end of the day a good is worth what you can get paid for it.

I see trades from time to time which have been out there for a while and I'm poor. I still sometimes make an offer, explaining my resources. Never so low as to be insulting though, that just wastes people's time.
Part of the fun is haggling, I think. Say someone offers you 75% of what you ideally want. You think the trade is good for someone, but after a week with no bites or more, you start thinking about the space the thing takes up and that 75% starts looking better. ;)

Asha 343

Sorceress Europe PC
This is why you first price-check your offer, then decide and declare the price - and just ignore all lowballin attempts. They don't want to pay worthy price? Then they move along. They ask too much for their offer? You just ignore them in that case. They start spammin you? Blacklist them outright. Pretty much simple. And they'll have no other choice but to adapt - bc they still want to trade, and even more than you. Keep calm and stiff, and nobody's gonna trick you tryin to play on your needs (or your greed).

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
No one is forcing you to take lower offers.
A lot of ppl don't even read the first post. They see the title, possibly a pretty pic and all that while already typing "
Um
Shako
Lem
, Chancies 25, Ik weapon, ...." in the reply box. They don't read and at the same time are overwhelmed by item values. So they just post whatever they have hoping that something will click.

And then, of course, you have the pro scammers that try to blind ppl with offers that include a lot of
Ist
runes. Ppl understand
Ist
is "valuable" and an offer with 12
Ist
just HAS to be good, right ? Preying on those that do not know values and especially those who forget there is
Gul
between
Ist
and
Vex

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...