Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
49 replies   32833 views

D2R Ladder PTR with 2.4 changes - Patch notes and changes summarised here.

No data yet

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Blizzard wrote:
Players can use /ladder and /helpladder chat commands to retrieve season start and end information
So the length of a ladder is fixed? No surprise anymore? It won't be a pleasure for me to play a character, knowing its "death" date.
Blizzard wrote:
Über Diablo
progress for each game type will now be kept by the regional database. When the threshold is met by selling enough
Stone of Jordan
rings,
Über Diablo
will spawn for everyone in the same region, not only those on the same server instance.
Better, but why not globally?
Blizzard wrote:
Throwing Mastery
  • Increased base attack bonus to 44% (from 30%)
  • Added chance to not consume quantity per level (Up to 50%)
  • Critical strikes with throwing weapons now replenish quantity
This is QoL change, not power. Without AoE, throwing barbs will still be outclassed by casters.
Blizzard wrote:
Armageddon
FINALLY!
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
What about Ravens and the Creepers/Vines? :O
3 auras (from spirits) would be OP. Especially as one point wonders with +skills.
Vines not so much, but they'd still steal corpses from each other (and wolves).
Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
Blizzard wrote:
Über Diablo
progress for each game type will now be kept by the regional database. When the threshold is met by selling enough
Stone of Jordan
rings,
Über Diablo
will spawn for everyone in the same region, not only those on the same server instance.
So that you won't miss the event at 4am in US when someone sell a SoJ in Asia

Relax and have fun!

bs21 19

Paladin Americas PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
BigSpaid wrote: 2 years ago
So from a currency standpoint doesn’t the
Über Diablo
changes drive up the value of Anni and SoJ?
I would speculate the opposite - that
Annihilus
will decline in value and demand, because they will be easier to get (or perceived as being easier to get).

As @Aegis200 already mentioned, there might be regional exceptions for
Stone of Jordan
; where a region-wide campaign or drive to summon also drives scarcity, which might make prices go up in that region. Otherwise it will probs stay steady.

At the end of the day though, if the price fluctuates by a few runes is it really a big deal - no. But it will still be interesting to watch the graphs, and I think that was a good question.
I was hoping the value of SoJ and Anni WOULD go up...make getting these amazing items more of a challenge. I think with multiple region spawns you will definitely have what you stated above but I also think less SoJs will be sold by region which will drive the price up a bit...which I think is good for the market.
mockingbirdreal wrote: 2 years ago
Blizzard wrote:
Über Diablo
Stone of Jordan
rings,
Über Diablo
So that you won't miss the event at 4am in US when someone sell a SoJ in Asia
But man, it's perfect time! Not at work, no distractions... Seriously, I've been playing D2 much more often at 4 AM than, say, 1 PM.
More seriously, I suspect they just don't want to touch the old code. Regional databases are still a thing. Despite initial promises, the separation is not gone.

BillyMaysed 2214Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
3 auras (from spirits) would be OP. Especially as one point wonders with +skills.
Vines not so much, but they'd still steal corpses from each other (and wolves).
No i meant we can have out 5 ravens, 1 vine, 1 Spirit, 8 wolves and 1 bear right? that pic Teebling linked only showed the bear, wolves, Spirit and a merc. I know it was just demonstrating how we can have those specific summon all out at once, but it technically wasn't a pic of everything we can have out at once :P

Schnorki 3327Moderator

PC
You sure the PTR is actually up?
Updated/SP, yeah. But Online doesn't seem to be there yet (or anymore?).

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
OP

Teebling 6124Admin

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
You sure the PTR is actually up?
Updated/SP, yeah. But Online doesn't seem to be there yet (or anymore?).
Doh, think I jumped the gun. Can't find an actual statement anywhere in the patch notes that its actually live...

Schnorki 3327Moderator

PC
It just came online!

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

Schnorki 3327Moderator

PC
Fascinating...

On a separate note:
Same shit char and gear selection as the previous version. So...testing SoJ mass-vendoring with a measly 1 SoJ to start with. -_-
@Teebling: Might take a bit longer to get all the messages...

Initial one though:
"Terror gazes upon Sanctuary."

So so far, nice and useless.

___
Am I doing something wrong? PTR bug already?

I can kill ubers (cheap price), sell unid Torches or provide hell rush (price hellforge quest) . bnet account: Ale#1244
Fascinating...

image.png

On a separate note:
Same shit char and gear selection as the previous version. So...testing SoJ mass-vendoring with a measly 1 SoJ to start with. -_-

Initial one though:

why... why do you have armor on a stick?

All Prices Negotiable :-)

Schnorki 3327Moderator

PC
Seamus McNugget wrote: 2 years ago
Fascinating...

image.png

On a separate note:

Initial one though:

why... why do you have armor on a stick?

They buffed ravens too much. Had to introduce scarecrows I guess.

___

Khegan 384

Elfwine wrote: 2 years ago
Am I doing something wrong? PTR bug already?

image.png
They probably forgot to enable the runeword for
Claws
. It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't work in daggers either.
Blizzard wrote:
Fixed an issue where fire enchanted monsters were doing too much damage in Nightmare difficulty
If this is referring to what I'm thinking, then the devs have finally fixed the old FE bug that could instantly kill melee characters when certain enchanted enemies popped in Nightmare, mainly ancients and council.

Schnorki 3327Moderator

PC

Initial one though:
Selling also doesn't give a count anymore.

Sale = "An item has been sacrificed to the Lord of Terror."
Stage 1 (0 - TBD) = "Terror gazes upon Sanctuary."

Stage 2+ = TBD, takes forever to clone enough SoJs for that..not just limited to one at a time but char deletion keeps bugging out, nearly doubling the number of restarts needed. ~~

Gonna need nearly 2 full sets to make sure I can get the stage counts right (i.e. 2 spawns back to back). So..probably not gonna bother with that until PTR ladder round 1 starts (soon..whatever that means). Just to make sure that doesn't end up wiping non-ladder chars for testing and restarting the cloning effort before I can get it done.

___
OP

Teebling 6124Admin

Europe PC
Thanks for checking Schnorki. We know more now than we did before.

What a pain that they haven't added item generation chat commands or a vendor NPC or something to PTR yet. They said it was coming when PTR was originally announced, but here we are waving around green scarecrows, tilling the soil with our Plague
Claws
that didn't turn into a RW, and having to duplicate characters over and over to get testable quantities of items.

As for the Dclone messages - if it's just stages like this with no real granular indication of SoJ count then I'm not sure how much I want to build out a tracking tool. Could keep it super simple with the 'upcoming walks' in the sidebar and a quick report UI integrated there too... but like, without at least a number count it is really restricting what I can do.

Excited to see what everyone finds in the PTR anyway :)

Schnorki 3327Moderator

PC
Aye, it does become a lot less useful. Hoping the later messages become a little more useful at least (i.e. smaller intervals for stages at higher counts).

___

Schnorki 3327Moderator

PC
Upon further current investigation..won't bother doing count-testing yet. Just looking at random messages from folks selling, it seems broken atm anyways.

Went on to
"
Terror
spreads across Sanctuary."
then
"
Terror
is about to be unleashed upon Sanctuary."
then back to spreads
then back to about to
and so on and so forth.

No point in getting counts if it doesn't even work as intended.

___

Schnorki 3327Moderator

PC
Just for reference though, the stages seem to be:

1) Terror gazes upon Sanctuary.
2) Terror approaches Sanctuary.
3) Terror begins to form within Sanctuary.
4) Terror spreads across Sanctuary.
5) Terror is about to be unleashed upon Sanctuary.
6) Diablo has invaded Sanctuary.

I'm assuming that's the correct order based on logical sequence. But since the message keeps jumping back and forth, I can't be sure on that. Additionally, they seem to be repeating within stages.

When selling an SoJ, you get "An item has been sacrificed to the Lord of Terror.".

Apart from the broken order, an additional problem is that you only get the above message if you yourself sell an SoJ (or maybe someone in your game).
If an SoJ is sold in another game, you don't get any message of that until it reaches whatever the number is for the stage counter to display again.

So basically, even if it worked, this is just sooooo much less specific than the former messaging.

___
OP

Teebling 6124Admin

Europe PC
Jesus Christ Blizzard how hard could it have been to get this right.

/uberdiablo should show:

73 of 105
Stone of Jordan
sold to merchants.

And when he spawns:

Diablo walks the earth.

That's it, that's literally all we need.

Why the lame messages about
Terror
spreading across Sanctuary? They feel so fucking unimaginative, bland, and can hardly be told apart in severity.

I know Schnork that these might not be in order, but you have to admit they are pretty indistinguishable right? If I pulled those out of a hat and was asked to re-order them I'd have a hard time.

I mean what's the difference between 'gazes upon', 'begins to form', and 'approaches'? All three of these have pretty equal 'severity'.

Generic, uninspired, and obfuscating the real number of SoJ needed to get Dclone to walk. Why would they do this?

Edit: Also good job at fucking up the name too - it should be , not
Über Diablo
... who lives in
Uber Tristram

Schnorki 3327Moderator

PC
I wish. That'd be so much better...

But yeah, typical half-assed blizz vagueness.

On an unrelated note:
- Chat is still completely broken.
- They broke town portals sorting themselves into belts..can no longer buy new scrolls to fill up
Belt
row again without space in inventory to put them and then manually drag them over, even with 1 already in the bottom slot. -_-

___

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...