Amplify Damage
@ 33% and monster flee @ 50% for some crowd control. Using
Laying of Hands
as the gloves for the 350% damage to demons as mainly doing
Travincal
/Chaos runs and horking for HRs with a couple
Blade Of Ali Baba
on my swap.

Thinking about it now, should I have just gone PB for the Grief base? Would have had to respec to swords, but that wasn't a problem.
Description by Tey_Rossa

Can be used to make Runewords:

Currently running a
Frenzy
Barb. Used an
Axe
for the Grief base as my offhand is a
Lacerator
for the
Amplify Damage
@ 33% and monster flee @ 50% for some crowd control. Using
Laying of Hands
as the gloves for the 350% damage to demons as mainly doing
Travincal
/Chaos runs and horking for HRs with a couple
Blade Of Ali Baba
on my swap.

Thinking about it now, should I have just gone PB for the Grief base? Would have had to respec to swords, but that wasn't a problem.
U should had went pb Grief so u dont have repair my first Grief i made was on a pb with 31 ias/389 damage still looking for that
Lo
rune to make another. And for the base u should had
Berserker Axe
cuz it has the highest single hand damage cuz
Lo
rune is quite rare.

Deleted User 632 0

Ettin Axe
has higher avg damage but is normal speed vs
Berserker Axe
that is fast speed. but the damage from base is very little compared to the Grief bonus. i see it's in a superior base too. that's probably gonna cost much gold i guess.

Asha 334

Sorceress Europe PC
As i see it - Grief is for
Phase Blade
only. 3 strong reasons here: 1) it's fastest; 2) it has + dmg, not ed%, so base 31-35 means nothing; 3) it's ETERNAL.
If i'll be rollin one - i'd choose pb only.

Schnorki 3015Moderator

PC
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
As i see it - Grief is for
Phase Blade
only. 3 strong reasons here: 1) it's fastest; 2) it has + dmg, not ed%, so base 31-35 means nothing; 3) it's ETERNAL.
If i'll be rollin one - i'd choose pb only.
My thoughts exactly

ggs 39

Americas PC
I'm going to breeze past your Grief question--RNG is RNG on rolls. I think it's fine. Not going to have as much resell value, but c'est la vie.

My bigger thought here is about your ali baba comment. If the babas are specifically for runes hunting, I don't think they apply. I'm pretty sure MF doesn't apply to rune drop rates. Somebody more versed in MF can correct me if I'm wrong, but thought I'd toss it out there. Best of luck!

Schnorki 3015Moderator

PC
ggs wrote: 2 years ago
I'm going to breeze past your Grief question--RNG is RNG on rolls. I think it's fine. Not going to have as much resell value, but c'est la vie.

My bigger thought here is about your ali baba comment. If the babas are specifically for runes hunting, I don't think they apply. I'm pretty sure MF doesn't apply to rune drop rates. Somebody more versed in MF can correct me if I'm wrong, but thought I'd toss it out there. Best of luck!
You are correct. They don't affect rune drops (neither positively nor negatively). Though it still makes sense to keep them as a hork swap just to get some more side drops along the way.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago

You are correct. They don't affect rune drops (neither positively nor negatively). Though it still makes sense to keep them as a hork swap just to get some more side drops along the way.
I love using my 2 upped Ali Baba's as main weapons for my
Frenzy
barb when solo MFing and switch to +3
War Cry
pb's for horking to get additional +6 to
Find Item
. This brings my
Find Item
up to 54%, which makes a huge difference compared to only having 50%
Find Item
with my Ali Baba's.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Schnorki 3015Moderator

PC
Zero187 wrote: 2 years ago

I use upped Ali Baba's as main weapons for my
Frenzy
War Cry
pb's for horking to get +6 to
Find Item
, bringing it up to 54%, which makes a huge difference compared to only having 50%
Find Item
with the Ali Baba's.
Just to be sure: You do know switching away from the Alis means you don't get the MF or GF benefit while horking, right? So while you may get 4% more items from buffing your
Find Item
, you lose a rather significant chunk of MF and GF to do so.

I use upped Ali Baba's as main weapons for my
Frenzy
War Cry
pb's for horking to get +6 to
Find Item
, bringing it up to 54%, which makes a huge difference compared to only having 50%
Find Item
with the Ali Baba's.
Just to be sure: You do know switching away from the Alis means you don't get the MF or GF benefit while horking, right? So while you may get 4% more items from buffing your
Find Item
, you lose a rather significant chunk of MF and GF to do so.
Of course, but after hundreds of Trav runs, I will only get half of the bodies looted with my 50%
Find Item
, whereas 54% seems to get me almost all of them. It makes a huge difference and the extra MF/GF doesn't seem worth it when you could be missing out on runes. Maybe once I get my
Find Item
up a bit more, it won't matter as much. But I seem to still need the +6 Warcries for now.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP
JoominOnPS wrote: 2 years ago
U should had went pb Grief so u dont have repair my first Grief i made was on a pb with 31 ias/389 damage still looking for that
Lo
rune to make another. And for the base u should had
Berserker Axe
cuz it has the highest single hand damage cuz
Lo
rune is quite rare.
My thoughts were around range and damage by going
Ettin Axe
. Repairs, while a bit annoying, isn't as bad as people make it out to be. One trav run which takes 1 minute with my Ali Babas get's me all the repair gold I need. PB probably is the maintenance free way to do it, but certainly attack range. I'm sure the horking will let me to getting some additional HRs eventually.
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
Ettin Axe
has higher avg damage but is normal speed vs
Berserker Axe
that is fast speed. but the damage from base is very little compared to the Grief bonus. i see it's in a superior base too. that's probably gonna cost much gold i guess.
Not too worried on speed,
Frenzy
deals with that mainly. IAS with current weapons is 71%, gets silly with
Frenzy
. Again, gold, not a problem with horking trav run and the ali babas. Average find is around 100k gold from horking.
OP

Of course, but after hundreds of Trav runs, I will only get half of the bodies looted with my 50%
Find Item
, whereas 54% seems to get me almost all of them. It makes a huge difference and the extra MF/GF doesn't seem worth it when you could be missing out on runes. Maybe once I get my
Find Item
up a bit more, it won't matter as much. But I seem to still need the +6 Warcries for now.
Other open is swap to 2
Heart Carver
for the +8 to
Find Item
, if I don't care about the MF and Gold Find.
OP
Thanks to all for the replies and advice all! I'm still enjoying regardless of the
Axe
perhaps not being the best choice and Trav runs are now quicker and more fun. There's way too many horking success stories out there from Trav for me to worry too much about getting my next
Lo
to build out another Grief or better runewords. With the Lv 3 Amplify Dmg from
Lacerator
, and the 350% dmg from
Laying of Hands
, Trav/Chaos runs are much more fun now.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...