Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   1001 views

Description

Hi all

Maybe this has been brought up often?

Anyhow, i wander in the trading section and one thing i notice that most sellers put a bin price but never closed it bin price when it is offered, instead let it post keeps going and choose the highest bidder.

My question, why do that when u put a bin already… that is the purpose of a bin price or buyout price…

If the seller wants to not sell at bin price, he/she might as well put a reserve price- if met, he/she can close whenever or sell at reserved price, least that makes more sense.

Ive seen alot of sellers do the bin and wait for higher offer…

Whats your thought?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi all

Anyhow, i wander in the trading section and one thing i notice that most sellers put a bin price but never closed it bin price when it is offered, instead let it post keeps going and choose the highest bidder.

My question, why do that when u put a bin already… that is the purpose of a bin price or buyout price…

If the seller wants to not sell at bin price, he/she might as well put a reserve price- if met, he/she can close whenever or sell at reserved price, least that makes more sense.

Whats your thought?

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
Personally I had no idea what BiN even stood for until very recently. (Buy it Now, apparently)

So perhaps they're people like me who just see people writing bin, and copy what everyone else writes because it's common vernacular, even though they don't know what it means.

Or they just don't check the trade forum very often and don't have notifications on...

Personally I still haven't figured out what people mean when they say for example:

"N
Sur
"
OP
Misanthrilist wrote: 2 years ago
Personally I had no idea what BiN even stood for until very recently. (Buy it Now, apparently)

So perhaps they're people like me who just see people writing bin, and copy what everyone else writes because it's common vernacular, even though they don't know what it means.

Or they just don't check the trade forum very often and don't have notifications on...

Personally I still haven't figured out what people mean when they say for example:

"N
Sur
"
I think the N
Sur
, means reserved price, to my knowledge anyway since thats the seller intention to to attempt to get for his item, so whatever offered more would be a +.

My petpeeve is the “bin” or “buyout” but therad keeps going after that.

I always thought N
Ko
or whatever meant “need
Ko
” and O
Eth
would mean “offer
Eth

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
Yes. N=need or Wtb=want to buy. O=offer or Wts=want to sell. Lf=looking for. Bin=buy it now, but I agree frustrating to wait after offering their asking price.
d2rppa69 wrote: 2 years ago
Hi all

Whats your thought?
People are usually unsure about what they are selling worth.
If BIN is reached too quick seller is probably going to assume that he/she underestimated the item value.
The same phenomenon exists in the real world...
Ever been to a Toyota dealership and tried to buy a new vehicle?
Many times the sales price is above the sticker price on the car.
OP
dilbert383 wrote: 2 years ago
The same phenomenon exists in the real world...
Ever been to a Toyota dealership and tried to buy a new vehicle?
Many times the sales price is above the sticker price on the car.

car dealership scenario doesnt seem to match with this. Sticker price is just the price before all taxes :). Now, if they put OTD price on the car, and u were charged differently, then thats a whole different story.

I would say ebay seller would be an example. U never see an ebay place a buyout price, then u pay for it and he/she declines and raise his/her buyout to another price :)

OP
MadBarbosa wrote: 2 years ago
Hi all

Whats your thought?
If BIN is reached too quick seller is probably going to assume that he/she underestimated the item value.

Hence seller should never bin and item di he/she unsure of its value :). Best to do reserved price, so if met, at least he/she can still waits for better offer, if no better offer, then reserved price he/she can sell it for

MadBarbosa wrote: 2 years ago
Hi all

Whats your thought?

Hence seller should never bin and item di he/she unsure of its value :). Best to do reserved price, so if met, at least he/she can still waits for better offer, if no better offer, then reserved price he/she can sell it for
/shrug
I don't know what the Toyotas are like in your neck of the woods, but over here in the New Orleans area, they literally
Charge
you more than sticker. I don't mean taxes and fees. Don't even try to negotiate with them.
A new Tundra is like 12
Ber
The ability to set a reserve and bin price in fields would be great. Assuming that people learn how to use them properly. Offers yet another way to sort and filter out trades that are a waste of time. Or to find quick purchases without having to go into every thread.

The length of time it took to browse became the biggest obstacle to my using this site more. This type of thing might help.

dilbert383 wrote: 2 years ago
I don't know what the Toyotas are like in your neck of the woods, but over here in the New Orleans area, they literally
Charge
you more than sticker. I don't mean taxes and fees. Don't even try to negotiate with them.
A new Tundra is like 12
Ber
Auto prices have been silly for past year or so. Used car prices were insane, due to supply issues with new cars.

Car dealerships should definitely start accepting rune down payments when next ladder starts!

BillyMaysed 2204Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Misanthrilist wrote: 2 years ago
Here's the D2 lingo section from my New Players Guide:
19. D2 Acronyms/Lingo
19. Most Common D2 Acronyms/Lingo: (i probably missed a few)
1. "N" = Normal "NM" = Nightmare "H" = Hell.
2. SOJ =
Stone of Jordan
Unique Ring
3. TP = Town Portal
4. SP = Single Player mode
5. MF = Magic Find
6. IAS = Increased Attack Speed
7. os = Open Sockets
Eth
= Etheral
9. PP = Party Please :)
10. PK = Player Kill. >:)
11. FCR = Faster Cast Rate
12. FWR = Faster Walk/Run Speed
13. FHR = Faster Hit Recovery
14. FBR = Faster Block Rate
15. BO =
Battle Orders
. barbarian skill.
16. CTA = Call To Arms gives any class
Battle Orders

17. Nigma = Enigma Runeword that gives any class
Teleport

18. LR =
Lower Resist
or Low Rune = [El, Eld, Tir, Nef, Eth, Ith, Tal, Ral, Ort, Thul & Amn]
19. MR = Mid Rune = [Sol, Shael, Dol, Hel, io, Lum, Ko, Fal, Lem, Pul & Um]
20. HR = High Rune = [Mal, Ist, Gul, Vex, Ohm, Lo, Sur, Ber, Jah, Cham & Zod]
21. Trist Runs = Low level group runs through
Tristram
, located through a portal in the Act 1 Stoney Field.
22. Tomb Runs = Low level group runs through
Tal Rasha
's Tombs at the end of Act 2.
Baal
Runs = Mid to end level group runs through end of Act 5 to kill
Baal
and his minions.
24. R4F or Rush 4 forge = Someone will rush you through the game in exchange for your Hellforge Quest Rune
25. Chaos = Referring to the
Chaos Sanctuary
Area in Act 4.
26. "SC" = Small Charm "LC" = Large Charm "GC" = Grand Charm
27. Skillers = Grand Charm with + to Class Skills (Only found in NM - A3
Flayer Jungle
and beyond)
28. Pcomb = + Combat Skills Grand Charm for Paladins
29. Hdin = Hammerdin = Paladin that uses
Blessed Hammer
build
30. "1" = Safe, "2" = Not Safe. Refers to if a Town Portal someone opens up is safe to take or not. They may be trying to escape Death.
31. HoTo = Heart of the Oak Runeword
32. BK = Bul-Kathos Ring
33. CB = Crushing Blow (percentage of monster health per hit, powerful against bosses)
34. DS = Deadly Strike (% chance to deal double damage)
35. OW = Open Wounds (causes target to bleed for dmg over time)
36. DR = Damage Reduction %
37. Torch = Unique Large Charm from killing Ubers.
38. Anni = Unique Small Charm from killing .
39. BIN = Buy It Now
40. "N
Ber
" = Need
Ber

41. Script = Description
42. WTS = Want to Sell
43. WTB = Want to Buy
44. WUG = What do you Got?
45. WUW = What do you Want?
46. NN = No Need
47. t4t = Thanks for Trade :)
48. ISO = In Search Of
49. "O
Fal
" = Offer
Fal

50. Andy = Act 1 boss
Andariel

51. Meph = Act 3 boss
Mephisto

52. Big D = Diablo
53. Occy = The Occulus Unique Orb.
Shako
=
Harlequin Crest
Unique
Helm
55. DND = Sets a Do Not Disturb message for your online profile. Type "/DND message" to set it. This was commonly used to scam players into giving up their passwords. (i never fell for it.. of course..)
56. Amy = Amulet
57. CTC = Chance to Cast
58. WP = Way Point
59. Script = Description of the game. Players use this to reference items they want to trade. Such as "
Ist
4 script" or "script 4
Ist
"
60. LK =
Lower Kurast
(not Lich King)
61. Mobs = Monsters
62. FG = Forum Gold (Currency on `D2jsp.com`)
63. Pindle =
Pindleskin
= Unique monster in A5 through
Anya
's portal after her quest)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...