Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
64 replies   20581 views

Have you been affected by this bug?

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 147

[Fixed] Resurrected won't start/launch at all... cannot play. AVX the culprit? (Windows 10)

No data yet

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

gmy77 19

Assassin Europe PC
I hope IF this is true about AVX... that Blizzard take into account the fact of MANY PLAYERS USE BETA TO VERIFY THE GAME... MANY... for sure exist a way to FIX "if they feel like doing it"
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Updated OP with latest blue post on the issue - just a reassurance that their engineers are looking into it.

OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Updated OP with latest blue post - it seems that this whole AVX thing was unintended, and shouldn't have been an issue on launch, but they're still not sure if this is the exact issue yet.

gmy77 wrote: 2 years ago
I hope IF this is true about AVX... that Blizzard take into account the fact of MANY PLAYERS USE BETA TO VERIFY THE GAME... MANY... for sure exist a way to FIX "if they feel like doing it"
Blue post in that thread said it wasn't meant to be a requirement, so I imagine they used a library or something that required it without realizing it.
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
grayscaleg59 on the official forums wrote:
IF you guy’s have a cpu that supports avx and the game launches but crashes with an error try disabling REALTEK under sounds and devices. The game should launch for you now. I was getting sound errors in the error report so this is what fixed my game. Hope it helps some of you at least.
Potential fix for those of us who have CPUs that support AVX ^ still no word about non-AVX CPUs.

gmy77 19

Assassin Europe PC
Noemard wrote: 2 years ago
gmy77 wrote: 2 years ago
Blue post in that thread said it wasn't meant to be a requirement, so I imagine they used a library or something that required it without realizing it.
My God... i hope...
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Emergency patch annonced for 1pm PDT (should be now?). Let's hope this fixes some of the issues. Updated OP with blue post.

OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
PezRadar's blue post from reddit added to the OP: they will have a fix for this 'later today'.

OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Updated OP again with latest blue post - they will be patching this hopefully 'later today' or latest tomorrow.

OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
24 hours on and still no patch yet. 1600+ responses in the official thread.

They said they'd have something out by this morning - I've updated the original post again with the latest blue posts.

OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Updated OP with latest blue post - the patch is coming today LATEST and is considered high priority. Soon guys soon!

OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Still no update - added latest blue posts to the OP.

It's still due 'today' from what they have told us so far.

Thanks for the post Teebling was some relief to find this thread yesterday. Its a bummer they haven't patched this already.
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Updated OP with latest blue post. Looks like this won't be fixed until Monday now :(

The battle.net launcher just got an update for me, and now the game attempts to open but force closes with an error report to submit.
Since the AVX fix* wasn't expected until Monday, I'm curious if the same is happening for others with no AVX support or if I get to move on to uncovering a new reason my PC can't play it yet.

Edit:
This same behavior is confirmed by everyone else on the main blizzard forum thread..
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
GheedsDealer wrote: 2 years ago
The battle.net launcher just got an update for me, and now the game attempts to open but force closes with an error report to submit.
Since the AVX issue wasn't expected until Monday, I'm curious if the same happening for others with no AVX support or if I get to move on to uncovering a new reason my PC can't play it yet.
Either way, let's not forget that this bug affects BOTH people with AVX supporting CPUs AND people without AVX supporting CPUs.

Will test later on and let you know how it goes for me.

Hi guys did you have the same issue with D3?
loudal wrote: 2 years ago
Hi guys did you have the same issue with D3?
No, not at all. This is worse, if you ask me. We were able to at least launch the game when D3 came out, but connecting to the servers was difficult for a long time. The infamous Error 37.

Dozer 0

For the beta test, I had just a Black screen. Now the game closes without any information when I am trying to create a Character. How is this possible and why this crap is happening? Paid money to have nostalgia and now I just want to forget about it.. Too much hype about a totally crashed game.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...