Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   6586 views

hell Fire immunes vs fire druid+merc conviction+Ravenlore

No data yet

Description

possible to break immune and do some damage?
I saw a hammerdin do 5k-22k in 1 second, while i wait for my "
Volcano
" to finish 1/4 praying my merc wont die and I'll have nuff potions.

did anyone got a decent build, like with
Ravenlore
and
Conviction
and maybe that Crest jewel, forgot it's name that adds poison -res?

I know its crap compared to the easier stronger builds. just wondering, since this is my first char that I've invested. thinking of switching to necro skeli+CE which is pretty solid, can watch netflix while rushing..?

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
possible to break immune and do some damage?
I saw a hammerdin do 5k-22k in 1 second, while i wait for my "
Volcano
" to finish 1/4 praying my merc wont die and I'll have nuff potions.

did anyone got a decent build, like with
Ravenlore
and
Conviction
and maybe that Crest jewel, forgot it's name that adds poison -res?

I know its crap compared to the easier stronger builds. just wondering, since this is my first char that I've invested. thinking of switching to necro skeli+CE which is pretty solid, can watch netflix while rushing..?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
You won't break almost all of the Fire immunes in Act 4 and Act 5.

Also
Fissure
is much more consistent DPS than
Volcano
when it comes to raw fire damage.
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
You say that from using Infinity?

Inifinity +
Ravenlore
= - 115%
Which should break the 100% immune.

According to the tables, level 12
Conviction
from Infinity is around 95? And good
Ravenlore
can be 20.

According to YouTubers that should be sufficient to break the immune. Now about the amount of damage really done- that could be a problem

I think lvl12
Conviction
is -85%, so + 20% from
Ravenlore
is -105%. This would break any 120% fire resistant enemies (1/5 effectiveness), but there are still many 125%+ fire resistant monsters you cant damage. Even those you can just about break, you will only be dealing a tiny bit of damage to.

Source: https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/ ... Diablo_II)
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Ok. So what do
Fireball
cold sorceress do? Just ignore mobs?
Iā€™ve see hammerdins and necro CE+sklMast rushing hell like it was d3 simple Rift.

Peacku 186

Sorceress Europe PC
Necro has
Lower Resist
which can help, Hammerdins rarely go where the magic immune monsters are (they're already pretty rare)
Meteorb type sorceresses just avoid the dual fire/cold immune, or pin them with
Telekinesis
and
Static Field
while the merc finishes them off (i dont think regular mobs can be dual immune, i've only seen uniques and bosses)

Asha 342

Sorceress Europe PC
Why bother with Infinity when you can coop with a friend who play convo-pala? šŸ™‚ His conv will be 25 (-150 res), and all he needs is not to die.
You may even don aldur set + medusa shield (put some res/-15%req jewel into it),
Shael
your
Club
and dual-facet your guise.
Fire Claws
left click,
Armageddon
right click. LR proc will be nice add to conv 25. Some rising sun amulet (this is where it belongs šŸ˜‰),
Dwarf Star
+ravenfrost rings, some
Hellmouth
/lavagout/
Magefist
Gauntlets
, any torch - and voila. Cheap and effective, also your friend can even switch to templar fistin instead of
Vengeance
. Two of you will enjoy hell, i'm sure.
rikus wrote: 2 years ago
Inifinity +
Ravenlore
= - 115%
Which should break the 100% immune.

According to the tables, level 12
Conviction
from Infinity is around 95? And good
Ravenlore
can be 20.

According to YouTubers that should be sufficient to break the immune. Now about the amount of damage really done- that could be a problem
Drawdeneerg wrote: 2 years ago
I think lvl12
Conviction
is -85%, so + 20% from
Ravenlore
is -105%. This would break any 120% fire resistant enemies (1/5 effectiveness)
Wrong. -Enemy Resistance affixes only work on non-immune monsters.
Conviction
alone (or coupled with
Lower Resist
) has to break the immunity before the bonuses from items can be applied.
Peacku wrote: 2 years ago
i dont think regular mobs can be dual immune, i've only seen uniques and bosses
There is one: UT
Megademon
. No other fire/cold dual immunes, but dual with other element combinations do occur, mostly Act V guest monsters.
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Does anyone have a proof that
Conviction
can break immune?
I mean why is that not like your resistances?
Once you lower it below 75% you start deal damage. But I guess it would be too easy? I donā€™t see anything easy with getting Infinity tune word

Immunities can be broken only with
Lower Resist
and/or
Conviction

These two skills work at 20% effectiveness when applied to immunities.

Once immunity is broken (resistance becomes <100% after applying the two skills above), your other sources of -% resist apply at 100% effectiveness. They do otherwise nothing up until this point.

So, for example, your 60%
Lower Resist
will remove 12% from the total resistance your enemy has. If this drops said enemy below 100%, it breaks its immunity and other sources of -% enemy resistance now apply. In this scenario you'd be able to break immune monsters with max 111% resist to your element. Then the monster is still left with up to 99% resist you need to take care off.
Ravenlore
with up to -20%, Rainbow Facets at -5% each and so on. It will never be good, but it will let you kill them.

Cold immunities are the hardest to remove because most monster with cold immunity have 120%+, but when you do, your -150%
Cold Mastery
will strip them completely.
Lightning immunities are the easiest to remove because they rarely go over 110% (so an Infinity is enough) but breaking those means having the most expensive pieces of gear to break and strip.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
Queegon wrote: 2 years ago
Cold immunities are the hardest to remove because most monster with cold immunity have 120%+, but when you do, your -150%
Cold Mastery
Lightning immunities are the easiest to remove because they rarely go over 110% (so an Infinity is enough) but breaking those means having the most expensive pieces of gear to break and strip.
Just some statistics to support this claim: mean resistances ā‰„ 100 (with some outliers excluded):
Physical: 100
Magic: 104
Fire: 113
Lightning: 104
Cold: 138 (excluded
Gargoyle Trap
with 1000 res)
Poison: 109 (excluded stationary objects, such as Lightning Spires, Catapults, Doors with 1000 res, as well as
Bone Wall
and
Bone Prison
with 200 res)

It is just a dumb average across all monsters (monstats.txt), not taking into account different areas, unused monsters and so on, but gives some insight about different elements' resistances.
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
Queegon wrote: 2 years ago
Cold Mastery
Just some statistics to support this claim: mean resistances ā‰„ 100 (with some outliers excluded):
Physical: 100
Magic: 104
Fire: 113
Lightning: 104
Cold: 138 (excluded
Gargoyle Trap
with 1000 res)
Poison: 109 (excluded stationary objects, such as Lightning Spires, Catapults, Doors with 1000 res, as well as
Bone Wall
and
Bone Prison
with 200 res)

It is just a dumb average across all monsters (monstats.txt), not taking into account different areas, unused monsters and so on, but gives some Insight about different elements' resistances.
dumb average you made or taken from a website? referring to these numbers you've listed.

Calculated from values in monstats.txt file.
Not sure if up-to-date but this page might present the mostser resistances in a more user-friendly way than monstats.txt
Check
Akara
or
Ormus
for
Lower Resist
Wand
w charges. Poor man's Infinity. And easiest thing to break is poison. Aside from towers, doors and barricades There's the flying guys in A1 in Stoney, some
Skeleton
archers in tamoe Highlands, maggots in a2 and Pitt lords in A4. Don't even need hard point as necro and Infinity doesn't effect poison. So a 10k
Wand
or 3 pieces of trangs with the +25/-25 poison and you broke em.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Cinomed541 wrote: 2 years ago
Check
Akara
or
Ormus
for
Lower Resist
Wand
w charges. Poor man's Infinity. And easiest thing to break is poison. Aside from towers, doors and barricades There's the flying guys in A1 in Stoney, some
Skeleton
archers in tamoe Highlands, maggots in a2 and Pitt lords in A4. Don't even need hard point as necro and Infinity doesn't effect poison. So a 10k
Wand
or 3 pieces of trangs with the +25/-25 poison and you broke em.
mind you this for a fire druid...perhaps for a poison necro its good.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation