Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
60 replies   8673 views

Description

I noticed that my items are having a hard time getting sold.

Whenever I want to sell something, I go and look at the comps for items that have sold with similar stats, and I typically ask for what these similar items sold for - but still usually get no bites.

I guess people at this site are kind of self-selecting, if you’re serious enough about the game, you’re just hoarding runes to get end-game items and aren’t buying anything else.

It also sucks that D2R doesn’t have a “trade” channel anymore (or I don’t know how to activate it?) making in-game trades even more difficult.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Whenever I want to sell something, I go and look at the comps for items that have sold with similar stats, and I typically ask for what these similar items sold for - but still usually get no bites.

I guess people at this site are kind of self-selecting, if you’re serious enough about the game, you’re just hoarding runes to get end-game items and aren’t buying anything else.

It also sucks that D2R doesn’t have a “trade” channel anymore (or I don’t know how to activate it?) making in-game trades even more difficult.
I feel your pain. That's why I stopped doing mf runs and now focus my effort on keys/runes. It appears that even rare items are either very cheap or simply take too long to sell. I also have plenty of items selling, most of them with prices that resemble previous trades.

The other issue is the volatility of prices. For instance,
Highlord's Wrath
used to sell for
Ist
, so I listed it for
Ist
, but as of now its
Mal

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
Imho problem is more likely in that ppl just check some guides and interested only in items mentioned, which is just vouple per slot and even those are usually shared per most of casters for example something like harlequins crest.

Also I found that you can get solid gear from ppl in free games. I pretty much fully geared my hammerdin for
Gul
Ist
and some p gems. And even that
Gul
I paid just for
Arachnid Mesh
, which might be bis.

Thing is most players were not slacking like I did and now market is saturated enough that if I need something I can get it pretty much for some pgems .
You just have to maneuver the market. If it isn't selling for the high end price, sell it a bit lower for a quick sale.

When people have a large amount of options they're going to go with the most affordable.
sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago

Don't know why you as a PC-softcore-Player complain about trading-difficulties. Sure, the market is loaded with offers, but at least you HAVE enough potential customers. On PS you don't even have ingame-communication or a Lobby, only a broken random Matchmaking-system. Furthermore, when playing Hardcore, it's harder to find a person to trade with than the endgame-gear you want to trade itself. Patience is of the essence for this game - in every regard.
Just an fyi, the only things right now that you're selling that are really worth posting, would be the cold skill charms. The rest of them, there are so many in the market, you'd be wasting time trying to find a buyer. I know that's your point, but if it's not even worth an
Ist
, vendor it.

Add me on B/net to conduct trades quicker.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
I see a lot of unrealistic expectations about trading as an easy path to HR and high runewords.
HR are incredibly rare and always in demand, most items are not and lose value over time because what are you going to do with your 3rd or 4th
Harlequin Crest
?
Worse than having no bids, this is full of lowballers.
Have you ever considered that the items you sell might not be very useful for people?
The success rates of selling my items have always been high.
If I see an item which is worth
Fal
according to previous sales, I don't even bother selling it for instance.

Schnorki 3163Moderator

PC
There's a very simple underlying truth here:
People who are "serious" about this game (which should include most on this site, seeing how it takes a bit of dedication to bother going out-of-game for trading and further discussions) tend to actually play it for a decent amount of time. And if you do that, there's a ton of items (low, mid and lower high-end gear) for which you will find yourself with quantities far exceeding what you yourself can use. Sad to say, that includes most of what you seem to currently be listing.

Spanning across all of the chars and builds being played, there are certain items that damn near everyone will need and often times more than just once (high runes, skillers, ...). Those are the items easily sold anywhere and holding (or even increasing in) value.

Other items, like your Skullder's and Viper for example, may also be needed by certain (comparatively few) builds but they are very easily found. So much so that a ton of players have long since found more than just one or two of them, covering not only their own needs but those of others as well. So yes, for those items, you will have more sellers than buyers on average and prices keep going down. Simple supply and demand really. If you're patient, you can still sell them just fine here. If you're not, you are far better off selling them in-game as that lets the "casual weekend gamer" find you more easily, with them being the most likely audience not yet having found their own.

Mind you, there is a subcategory of those items which is "perfect". While a random Skullder's or Viper may not really be sought after anymore by hardly anyone, a perfect
Eth
. Skullder's for example still sells very easily for a rather solid price.

The same is true for runeword bases and the like. 4xx def Archons are dropping like flies. Perfect or Perfect Sup. ones...not so much.

This will only become more and more obvious as time passes as more and more people have no need for anything that isn't perfect anymore. At that stage, perfects will still hold their value, others become even more worthless and runes will keep going up and up as people with nothing else to buy keep buying more and more of the same rune, trying to re-roll a perfect version of their runewords.

Added on top of that, everything sells in a range. So sure, you might have a hard time selling something for a
Pul
and only get offers for
Lem
or nothing at all. And yet, a few days later, the same thing may randomly sell for an
Um
instead. So either accept the lower price due to bad timing or have a bit more patience.

The same is true as a buyer. Sure, if your offer is below the average selling price, you may end up being outbid and just getting another complaint about "zomg lowballers!". And yet, often enough those same trades go for days with no other offers until sellers finally realize there's just no interest right now and rather than wait and block their inventory end up happily accepting your lower offer.
Players leave the game due to bugs. So fewer runes in general and terrible trade market.

Teebling 5815Admin

Europe PC
I'm blaming the site for my trash items not selling quickly enough at end of season thread #296.

OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
I'm blaming the site for my trash items not selling quickly enough at end of season thread #296.

I'm not blaming the site, I'm making a general observation about the inefficiencies of the economy.

Also, it clearly can't be "trash items" if I'm using your site to look up comps and asking for a similar price.

BillyMaysed 2187Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Also, it clearly can't be "trash items" if I'm using your site to look up comps and asking for a similar price.
You realize anyone can click on your profile and see what you're trading right? A Spirit shield, vipermagi, verdungo's.... yes these are trash items most people already have or don't need. But hey ive got tons of trash too. Like
The Oculus
and some 4os flails i cant get rid of. Even selling them in-game doesn't work either. If you can actually get some GG items, i guarantee they'll sell quick.

Teebling 5815Admin

Europe PC
I'm not blaming the site
I guess people at this site are kind of self-selecting

I'm not blaming the site
Got damn

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC

Do you also compare the count of successful trades with the count of open offers in a given time? When there are 10 offers in less then 2 hours but only once every day one is sold then it is pure luck if somebody bites. The only way to get a fast bite is to undervalue it.
OP
Darq wrote: 2 years ago

Do you also compare the count of successful trades with the count of open offers in a given time? When there are 10 offers in less then 2 hours but only once every day one is sold then it is pure luck if somebody bites. The only way to get a fast bite is to undervalue it.
Yeah, I figured that the trade history has a sample size issue, which was the point of my original post I guess.
OP
MarcWizard wrote: 2 years ago
I'm not blaming the site
Got damn
I'm one of them, right?
OP
I'm not blaming the site
The point is that people who use this site are likely to be very serious players who mostly only want end-game gear, thus contributing to the illiquidity of the economy. Do you disagree?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...