Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
49 replies   32856 views

D2R Ladder PTR with 2.4 changes - Patch notes and changes summarised here.

No data yet

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP

Teebling 6222Admin

Europe PC
So let's say it is 105 (ish) SoJ to spawn Dclone.

With six of the lame 'progress tiers' or whatever they're calling them, that means:

105/6 = 17.5

So if you wanted to know how close you were to him walking, or to the next tier, you could be off by as much as 17-18 SoJ. Why would they do this...

Also interesting to see that they've decided to also butcher the original phrasing of 'sold to merchants' and used 'sacrificed to Diablo' (???). Makes it so much less mysterious than before.

And it's also 'An item has been...' - this to me indicates they are deffo going to be changing the trigger item from
Stone of Jordan
to something else in the future.

Elfwine wrote: 2 years ago
Am I doing something wrong? PTR bug already?

image.png
Now I got it, we are testing the Ladder here and the new runewords only works for ladder. So with the pre-made characters you cant' make the new runewords. All clear now.

I can kill ubers (cheap price), sell unid Torches or provide hell rush (price hellforge quest) . bnet account: Ale#1244

Schnorki 3341Moderator

PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago

With six of the lame 'progress tiers' or whatever they're calling them, that means:

105/6 = 17.5

So if you wanted to know how close you were to him walking, or to the next tier, you could be off by as much as 17-18 SoJ. Why would they do this...

Also interesting to see that they've decided to also butcher the original phrasing of 'sold to merchants' and used 'sacrificed to Diablo' (???). Makes it so much less mysterious than before.

And it's also 'An item has been...' - this to me indicates they are deffo going to be changing the trigger item from
Stone of Jordan
Actually, looking into it a bit further, it seems like every message happens 4 times before he walks.

Let's say it takes 120 SoJs (previous max). Let's also say 1 and 6 (0 and spawn) only happen once. For 6, that's true, for 1 I'm not sure, seems like it though.
Then that's basically 120 SoJs over 4 stages or 30 SoJs per stage. At 4 messages per stage, that would imply one message every 7th-8th SoJ tops.

The problem is...I've sold 20+ twice now in one bunch and got no message, in two different stages. It still went to the 4th in that stage afterwards (eventually), before moving on to the next stage.

So based on that, things are either randomized, broken or they actually increased the number of SoJs needed.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
With the changes to multishot,
Guided Arrow
and
Strafe
, physical bowazon viability for progressing through the game is much improved. BIS weapon is still
Windforce
, but with
Strafe
getting bonus to attack rating it makes that part of a merc's Faith or Mist weapon moot. Obv there is IAS from Faith that helps if you need it for a breakpoint, but it feels like a2 merc with might aura and reaper is better, though slower if you are rushing through content. pbowzon with Enigma instead of Fortitude seems much more viable with all the extra damage though.

Schnorki 3341Moderator

PC
You shouldn't need it for the breakpoint. At least not with
Strafe
. Get a might merc with Pride and be happy. Beats the hell out of A1 mercs. :)

Reaper's isn't worth it, sadly. Was running that for a while but even on live (so before the massive
Strafe
buffing), everything dies before the merc ever even comes close. Especially with a
Windforce
because the 1 in 100 mobs that doesn't die right away is knocked away from your merc anyways so it still won't proc.
Now though.. Pride always up, let the merc deal with the first couple mobs to get might up, enjoy!

Curious to see how well it really plays out on live. Should be fairly good.
Right now, with all the changes but the crap PTR gear and a few lvls less, my PTR zon still does just barely less dmg than my live zon does.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

Schnorki 3341Moderator

PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago

105/6 = 17.5

Stone of Jordan
Actually, looking into it a bit further, it seems like every message happens 4 times before he walks.

Let's say it takes 120 SoJs (previous max). Let's also say 1 and 6 (0 and spawn) only happen once. For 6, that's true, for 1 I'm not sure, seems like it though.
Then that's basically 120 SoJs over 4 stages or 30 SoJs per stage. At 4 messages per stage, that would imply one message every 7th-8th SoJ tops.

The problem is...I've sold 20+ twice now in one bunch and got no message, in two different stages. It still went to the 4th in that stage afterwards (eventually), before moving on to the next stage.

So based on that, things are either randomized, broken or they actually increased the number of SoJs needed.

Alright, one last (for now) update:
Another few cycles later, the 4 per stage is not set in Stone.
Also getting 3 and 5 now.

So bottom line:
The counter is either randomized or broken. Either way, there's no point in even trying to figure out exact numbers based on that (even more so considering the time investment with just 1 SoJ).
Bummer. Was really hoping for something at least slightly better here..but as is, that's basically removing the IP search (which is great, yes) but is making the entire remainder of the "waiting game" just worlds worse than it was in the OG days.

___
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Alright, one last (for now) update:
Another few cycles later, the 4 per stage is not set in Stone.
Also getting 3 and 5 now.

So bottom line:
The counter is either randomized or broken. Either way, there's no point in even trying to figure out exact numbers based on that (even more so considering the time investment with just 1 SoJ).
Bummer. Was really hoping for something at least slightly better here..but as is, that's basically removing the IP search (which is great, yes) but is making the entire remainder of the "waiting game" just worlds worse than it was in the OG days.
I would say broken. In the one game where I got a spawn, I saw 4 instances of the "terror is about to be unleashed..." flavor, and then randomly dclone at
Rakanishu
with no walk message. And I've never seen the slash command say anything other than "terror is about to be unleashed...."

So, you know. Pretty horrible.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
Also really want to slap whoever gave the green light to a
Sacred Armor
being the 4os elite base on the bases mule. Like really, really hard.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Schnorki 3341Moderator

PC
cristobal03 wrote: 2 years ago
Also really want to slap whoever gave the green light to a
Sacred Armor
being the 4os elite base on the bases mule. Like really, really hard.
Well, using the
Ancient Armor
for fort is still a lot less painful than using the non-
Eth
, non-elite polearms...

I'm honestly very much starting to doubt Blizzard's whole claim of "yeah, we have tons of people on the team actively playing d2!".

___

BillyMaysed 2223Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Since PTR ended yesterday im really hoping 2.4 and ladder both go live next week. reeeeeeee

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation