Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   1576 views

Description

I played D2 back when it first came out, having loved D1 too, but I never beat Hell mode. So I'm playing D2R now and getting far more into it than was really possible back in the day when I played D2 pre-expansion w/o rune and little to no help from resources, just figuring everything out on my own. But, Hell mode is still quite a challenge. I'm just playing SP. I started D2R with a Barbarian, which did great until Hell. Then I went to a Sorc, which did even better... until Hell. So then I gave Necro a try and had success.

I started with a Summonancer, but didn't care for managing the minions so gave that up around level 32 and respeced into a Bonemancer. I looked at lots of guides, but ended up doing my own thing, that I think is a bit more elegant than what I've seen in any of the guides or what I see people say about Bonemancers, so here goes.

The skills are quite simple: https://www.icy-veins.com/d2/necromance ... --*--*--&1

Basically, put 1 point into
Clay Golem
and the associated skills, then 5 into
Dim Vision
. I didn't put 1 into Amp Damage until Act 2 Hell, but you'll end up with 1 there. Then everything else goes into the Bone spells, letting you max out Bone damage.

Now, the 5 points into
Dim Vision
are
Key
. I've seen tons of guides talking about Decrpify or Revives, and I don't agree with any of that. This really all boils down to one thing, which is crowd control. I use
Dim Vision
constantly, to basically stop almost all mobs in their tracks. With +skills DV should be around 10+ by the time you are level 30, and you need it at that level to really be effective. Later on you'll likely get it into the 12-15 range. But putting those 5 point into DV early on is well worth it, because the Bonemancer needs control.

In addition to
Dim Vision
you have
Bone Prison
/Wall. Different people have their preferences. I prefer Prison and don't use Wall at all. I'm sure Wall is good too, but I like to keep it simple. So for 99% of cases, you can use DV and BP to stop just about everything in their tracks.

Another
Key
is getting Insight on your merc ASAP. As soon as you can, get Insight onto an Act 2
Holy Freeze
Merc. The Freeze does sometimes ruin
Corpse Explosion
, but its still worth it IMO. The Bonemancer struggles for Mana without Insight, but with it, you can just spam everything.

I use Bonespear 99% of the time, so the White rune word is good. Took me a long time to find a good
Wand
for it though. I eventually got one with +3
Revive
and +2 to
Dim Vision
, which I went with. I'm still looking for better though. The Revives are ok, but honestly, not needed.

The only thing I ever had problems with was Champion Ghosts and Bats, as they aren't affected by DV or BP.

So, is Bonespear weak? Yeah, a bit, but it doesn't matter because you can literally stop everything (except flying Champions), including bosses and just shoot them to Death.

As for Magic Immune stuff. There is a very little of it, but the worst are the Unravelers. However, they aren't too bad. The
Key
is to use
Dim Vision
and
Bone Prison
to mostly shut them down, then use
Corpse Explosion
to destroy all the corpses so they have nothing to raise, then use Amp Damage on them and let your merc kill them if CE hasn't already done the job. There have been rare occasions when there are huge clusters of them that are difficult, as is the
Baal
waves, but I find that just sticking to the tactic eventually works. DV + BP + CE will get them down. You may need to feed your merc to keep him going at first -- also throwing your
Clay Golem
on top of an Unraveler to distract them helps.

As for keys, I use the VCXZ setup, with all of my main right clicks on VCXZ. V =
Dim Vision
, C = BP, X =
Corpse Explosion
, Z = Amp Damage. I've got other spells on FDSA, and remapped a few other things, but for the most part, its all about the DV and BP rotation. I don't use BP that often, but its important to be able to quickly get it when you need it. I use CE without AD a good bit, just because its often worth it just to keep DV up and often CE is just for convenience to speed things up. But sometimes its worth it to AD then CE. Left click is always on Bonespear. The ONLY time I use Spirit is against Rock Hoppers and maybe a few other such things, but even then, its mostly
Spear
, especially when using White. Eventually Heart of the Oak is preferred. I used Spirit until I got White.

But yeah, this has been a good char for farming
The Countess
to try and get stuff for my other chars etc.

Like I said, I saw many guides talking about putting points into
Corpse Explosion
or Revives or
Decrepify
. I don't go for any of that and you waste too many points with that, which weakens your Bone spells. You don't need Revives because you have
Bone Prison
/Wall. Why do you need "meat shield" Revives? You don't. You have bones, which are much more useful and effective. Yeah, if you get a
Revive
Wand
they can be helpful, but honestly I find them mostly a distraction. I only bother with them on occasion when I have something really good to
Revive
, and they are never important, just speed things up a little.
Decrepify
? Why? Too annoying as it doesn't last long enough. Amp Damage does what you need for 1 point. If you really want it, get a
Wand
with it for White.
Corpse Explosion
is of course important, but 1 point is all you need with +skills. No need to pump it.

I can't emphasize enough how important
Dim Vision
is. Its really the
Key
to the whole build. IMO, playing PvM Necro without at least 5 points into DV doesn't make sense now that I've used it. To me it seems like DV is a defining skill of Necros, and should be used in any PvM build, as its a total game changer.
Description by rgp151

Can be used to make Runewords:

I played D2 back when it first came out, having loved D1 too, but I never beat Hell mode. So I'm playing D2R now and getting far more into it than was really possible back in the day when I played D2 pre-expansion w/o rune and little to no help from resources, just figuring everything out on my own. But, Hell mode is still quite a challenge. I'm just playing SP. I started D2R with a Barbarian, which did great until Hell. Then I went to a Sorc, which did even better... until Hell. So then I gave Necro a try and had success.

I started with a Summonancer, but didn't care for managing the minions so gave that up around level 32 and respeced into a Bonemancer. I looked at lots of guides, but ended up doing my own thing, that I think is a bit more elegant than what I've seen in any of the guides or what I see people say about Bonemancers, so here goes.

The skills are quite simple: https://www.icy-veins.com/d2/necromance ... --*--*--&1

Basically, put 1 point into
Clay Golem
and the associated skills, then 5 into
Dim Vision
. I didn't put 1 into Amp Damage until Act 2 Hell, but you'll end up with 1 there. Then everything else goes into the Bone spells, letting you max out Bone damage.

Now, the 5 points into
Dim Vision
are
Key
. I've seen tons of guides talking about Decrpify or Revives, and I don't agree with any of that. This really all boils down to one thing, which is crowd control. I use
Dim Vision
constantly, to basically stop almost all mobs in their tracks. With +skills DV should be around 10+ by the time you are level 30, and you need it at that level to really be effective. Later on you'll likely get it into the 12-15 range. But putting those 5 point into DV early on is well worth it, because the Bonemancer needs control.

In addition to
Dim Vision
you have
Bone Prison
/Wall. Different people have their preferences. I prefer Prison and don't use Wall at all. I'm sure Wall is good too, but I like to keep it simple. So for 99% of cases, you can use DV and BP to stop just about everything in their tracks.

Another
Key
is getting Insight on your merc ASAP. As soon as you can, get Insight onto an Act 2
Holy Freeze
Merc. The Freeze does sometimes ruin
Corpse Explosion
, but its still worth it IMO. The Bonemancer struggles for Mana without Insight, but with it, you can just spam everything.

I use Bonespear 99% of the time, so the White rune word is good. Took me a long time to find a good
Wand
for it though. I eventually got one with +3
Revive
and +2 to
Dim Vision
, which I went with. I'm still looking for better though. The Revives are ok, but honestly, not needed.

The only thing I ever had problems with was Champion Ghosts and Bats, as they aren't affected by DV or BP.

So, is Bonespear weak? Yeah, a bit, but it doesn't matter because you can literally stop everything (except flying Champions), including bosses and just shoot them to Death.

As for Magic Immune stuff. There is a very little of it, but the worst are the Unravelers. However, they aren't too bad. The
Key
is to use
Dim Vision
and
Bone Prison
to mostly shut them down, then use
Corpse Explosion
to destroy all the corpses so they have nothing to raise, then use Amp Damage on them and let your merc kill them if CE hasn't already done the job. There have been rare occasions when there are huge clusters of them that are difficult, as is the
Baal
waves, but I find that just sticking to the tactic eventually works. DV + BP + CE will get them down. You may need to feed your merc to keep him going at first -- also throwing your
Clay Golem
on top of an Unraveler to distract them helps.

As for keys, I use the VCXZ setup, with all of my main right clicks on VCXZ. V =
Dim Vision
, C = BP, X =
Corpse Explosion
, Z = Amp Damage. I've got other spells on FDSA, and remapped a few other things, but for the most part, its all about the DV and BP rotation. I don't use BP that often, but its important to be able to quickly get it when you need it. I use CE without AD a good bit, just because its often worth it just to keep DV up and often CE is just for convenience to speed things up. But sometimes its worth it to AD then CE. Left click is always on Bonespear. The ONLY time I use Spirit is against Rock Hoppers and maybe a few other such things, but even then, its mostly
Spear
, especially when using White. Eventually Heart of the Oak is preferred. I used Spirit until I got White.

But yeah, this has been a good char for farming
The Countess
to try and get stuff for my other chars etc.

Like I said, I saw many guides talking about putting points into
Corpse Explosion
or Revives or
Decrepify
. I don't go for any of that and you waste too many points with that, which weakens your Bone spells. You don't need Revives because you have
Bone Prison
/Wall. Why do you need "meat shield" Revives? You don't. You have bones, which are much more useful and effective. Yeah, if you get a
Revive
Wand
they can be helpful, but honestly I find them mostly a distraction. I only bother with them on occasion when I have something really good to
Revive
, and they are never important, just speed things up a little.
Decrepify
? Why? Too annoying as it doesn't last long enough. Amp Damage does what you need for 1 point. If you really want it, get a
Wand
with it for White.
Corpse Explosion
is of course important, but 1 point is all you need with +skills. No need to pump it.

I can't emphasize enough how important
Dim Vision
is. Its really the
Key
to the whole build. IMO, playing PvM Necro without at least 5 points into DV doesn't make sense now that I've used it. To me it seems like DV is a defining skill of Necros, and should be used in any PvM build, as its a total game changer.
Here is my build. it is a hybrid summoner/Bone necro, a lot of it is self-found or cheap to trade. Easily clears all of hell except Ubers on p1 (haven't really tried other players since i mostly play solo). I didn't fill out all my charms cause it is a hassle, but i have enough charms to give me max res across the board, and life and faster run/walk. Updated link to include merc.

https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/gc01069o

Oh and a
Naj's Puzzler
on weapon swap for
Teleport

All Prices Negotiable :-)
as a note, i adjusted all of those items to the actual rolls i am using, so yours might be better/worse than what i got :-)

OrcozZio wrote: 2 years ago
Seamus McNugget wrote: 2 years ago
Here is my build...

https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/gp0106y9
I see no stat points in vitality
Good Catch, i accidentally had it in energy there. I updated the link with vit points lol

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...