diablo2.io is supported by ads
33 replies   43766 views

The Untwinked HC Fury Druid Guide: The Edge You Need for Hell Survival

No data yet

Description

Description by havelox

Can be used to make Runewords:

Awesome guide! I've been using it for my first character in D2R.

one thing to note, though, is that most of the skills are fire and forget - you can weapon swap after casting your Summons, and after transforming to wolf. That means your second weapon slot can be + skill items and you can gain several extra levels.

I accidently figured this out when I found a sigon's shield. Now I'm using Sigons and a Spirit
Crystal Sword
in my weapon slot, and a
Eth
War Club
with Repair Durability as my primary weapon. (yeah, I'm still looking for a better weapon)
I found a
Bonesnap
Maul
, you think it's worth a socket from the act V quest to add
Shael
? High damage Hoping it will carry me through nightmare until I find a better
Crossbow
for Edge.
OP
Crabbymodo wrote: 2 years ago
I found a
Bonesnap
Maul
Shael
Crossbow
for Edge.
I would absolutely. Also be sure to up it as well, you can increase it to it's exceptional version. You can get a big damage increase this way just with a
Ral
+
Sol
, a
Perfect Emerald
+ the weapon.

Solid weapon you have there. Honestly you might not even need the Edge with that upped to a
War Club
. Just watch out, when you do this you increase
Bonesnap
's stat requirements to the exceptional version. Make sure you have 124 str first

Just a warning for you and anyone else reading this regarding Edge Runeword. The
Thorns
aura that Edge gives off is bugged on D2R, it is constantly making that
Thorns
aura activation noise every few seconds. It was driving me crazy.

Guest 0

havelox wrote: 2 years ago
Crabbymodo wrote: 2 years ago
I found a
Bonesnap
Maul
Shael
Crossbow
for Edge.
I would absolutely. Also be sure to up it as well, you can increase it to it's exceptional version. You can get a big damage increase this way just with a
Ral
+
Sol
, a
Perfect Emerald
+ the weapon.

Solid weapon you have there. Honestly you might not even need the Edge with that upped to a
War Club
. Just watch out, when you do this you increase
Bonesnap
's stat requirements to the exceptional version. Make sure you have 124 str first

Just a warning for you and anyone else reading this regarding Edge Runeword. The
Thorns
aura that Edge gives off is bugged on D2R, it is constantly making that
Thorns
aura activation noise every few seconds. It was driving me crazy.
That is a lot of strength to be fair that could be in vitality. Thanks for the info, I'm hoping. A Steel driver or
Ribcracker
drops for me soon which would be faster but I guess you have to go with what you have 😀
An excellent read for new players and old alike, loved the presentation and how approachable you made the entire journey sound. I'll definitely consider making a Fury druid once ladder starts; maybe even in HC, if the servers get stable enough until then.
OP
That is a lot of strength to be fair that could be in vitality. Thanks for the info, I'm hoping. A Steel driver or
Ribcracker
drops for me soon which would be faster but I guess you have to go with what you have 😀

Oh yes, any of those options will be good. Going with what you have is the whole theme of this guide. People don't really realize they can use a lot of these items in hell. They get so focused on the absolute best in slot, but with a little bit of creativity they can get by with a lot of different items.

All this talk about
Bonesnap
got me thinking, I acquired one, and upped it to it's
War Club
version.

It is really good! I cut a quick clip of my druid. It is able to put out enough damage to kill in worldstone keep on hell.

My druid is still a work in progress, don't mind my chance to hit.

https://imgur.com/a/SvA2eAo
havelox wrote: 2 years ago
Ribcracker

Oh yes, any of those options will be good. Going with what you have is the whole theme of this guide. People don't really realize they can use a lot of these items in hell. They get so focused on the absolute best in slot, but with a little bit of creativity they can get by with a lot of different items.

All this talk about
Bonesnap
got me thinking, I acquired one, and upped it to it's
War Club
version.

It is really good! I cut a quick clip of my druid. It is able to put out enough damage to kill in worldstone keep on hell.

My druid is still a work in progress, don't mind my chance to hit.

https://imgur.com/a/SvA2eAo
Thanks for sharing looks cool!

Iv only got 70 strength at level 45 at the moment. Once
Larzuk
sockets an unique can you still upgrade it?
Hello,
Thanks for this essential guide that talks about things none of the others do!

I do see some guides recommending
Heart of Wolverine
over
Oak Sage
, damage vs. life. Do you recommend
Oak Sage
mainly because you play Hardcore? I do not, I am too old and slow to trust in never losing a character and gear forever I'm afraid.

Thanks for your help.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
zion563 wrote: 2 years ago
Heart of Wolverine
over
Oak Sage
Oak Sage
mainly because you play Hardcore? I do not, I am too old and slow to trust in never losing a character and gear forever I'm afraid.
That is the main difference between Softcore and Hardcore, Softcore is about Killspeed and Hardcore is about Safety. You have time in hardcore and you should use it.
zion563 wrote: 2 years ago
Hello,
Thanks for this essential guide that talks about things none of the others do!

Heart of Wolverine
over
Oak Sage
Oak Sage

Thanks for your help.
Playing HC is a completely different experience... You can check my profile in the "about me section"... It worth a try and I'm still tempted to play hc again, but I see too many game-freeze/crash actually and that is really bad for any hc player... a disconnection from the internet or a blackout while you are in action often means... Death.

DiabloDeDeadpool wrote: 2 years ago
May the loot be with you...
Very comprehensive guide, love it. Thanks for taking the time!
Rolling my first
Werewolf
Druid on a fresh ladder and came across your guide. It’s an amazing write up that’s going to help greatly, thanks! Love the tip about Harmony for run speed on switch, great idea!
Hey Havelox!

With the updated IAS for the WW in patch 2.4, have you tested any alternative weapons worth mentionning? Either for the playthrough or end game! I'd been keen to get your input on that one.

Also, I'm tempted to try out a WW
Fire Claws
+
Armageddon
with a Fire Sunder charm and was looking at the weapon choices for that.
On the budget side, Obedience looks promissing with the -% fire res, while
Earth Shifter
has always been a weapon I would have liked to make work with the proc
Fissure
!

Another Off-Meta build I would like to try is a Fury +
Hurricane
build with either
Windhammer
or
Stormlash
to proc
Twister
/
Tornado
. Have you ever gave that a go?

Thanks! :)
Hey, got an account just to say thanks for this guide. I found it after I already got to NM, but it’s still been super helpful and Insight-ful to read. I wanted to add a couple things that helped me out on my current run.

When leveling through Normal, I actually went Poison Druid build with basically 1 point in WW/Feral/Lycan/Oak, and rest in
Poison Creeper
till 18 then
Rabies
till 30. The poison damage from these skills is substantial for Normal, you’re not nearly as reliant on a good weapon drop, and the Creeper serves as a mini-grizzly before 30; you can summon him for cheap on baddies to distract/deal good damage. I actually soloed Diablo safely (but tediously) by running around like crazy and spamming P creeper on him over and over. The great thing about this approach is when it’s time to farm Cows for a
Partizan
base for Insight, your
Rabies
is doing like 2-3k poison over 10 seconds, which is enough to drop a pack of cows super quick. I don’t think I’ve ever had a more satisfying experience than just running around taking a single bite of a cow in a pack, run to the next one, and watch a whole screen of cows drop. Highly recommend and makes the farm a breeze. After finding the
Partizan
I burned 1 of the 3 respecs to change stats to equip it, and put skill points to actual Fury build.

Other thing is for gear, I’ve been using Death’s Hand and Death’s Guard. They’re both normal set items that are easy to find while farming cows (they dropped a ton of set items for me), and combined they give…

- 110 total resists (65% Poison, 15% Cold, 15% Fire, 15% Lightning)
- Poison Length reduced by 75% (!)
- Cannot Be Frozen
- 30% IAS
- 8% LL

From a glove and a
Belt
slot, what more could you ask for? The only issue is the 2 slots on the
Sash
, but I’ve just gotten used to it; if I’m burning more than 8 pots at once on a fight then it’s probably too dangerous anyway. If it gets too bad though I can just uptier the
Sash
. Highly recommend!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation