Tal
's
Helm
with
Um

Insight
Eth
Giant Thresher

I was thinking if I have him do might maybe he will get more health from damaging more to stay alive.

Also does might impact hammer damage or only physical damage?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm a hammerdin currently using a defence Merc but my Merc keeps dying

He's running
Treatury
Tal
's
Helm
with
Um

Insight
Eth
Giant Thresher

I was thinking if I have him do might maybe he will get more health from damaging more to stay alive.

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Use the Nightmare A2 merc that has
Holy Freeze
and you can also glitch your merc by getting him stuck behind a wall or door and walking away until he teleports to you. Once this happens he is not targetable by most enemies. Most people use the door above the
Inner Cloister
waypoint to glitch him.

loudogggg wrote: 2 years ago
I'm a hammerdin currently using a defence Merc but my Merc keeps dying

He's running
Treatury
Tal
's
Helm
with
Um

Insight
Eth
Giant Thresher

Personally, I think your merc's gear looks fine. You could go for a Fort if you can afford it or look for a nice
Eth
vamp gaze or Andy's
Helm

But to answer your question, Might does NOT affect hammers. Might be worth getting
Holy Freeze
to keep enemies from reaching you and slowing them in place so your hammers can hit them.

I offer Uber Service, Rush Service and have many items for sale, Add me on battle.net | Hoost07#1211
OP
I'm not so worries about my pally surviving. Oddly enough I could have swore I got a
Holy Freeze
Merc in nightmare but when swapping back to hell it changed it to defense so not sure what's going on there. I have a decent vamp gaze but seemed like
Tal
's was better. Maybe I'll give that a shot again.

He mostly dies when doing Trav runs. When he get landed with the fire vuln he dies quick even with max resistances.

That's his biggest downfall. Trying to think up a better way to get him to survive and the only thing I was thinking was if he did more damage to get more health from lifesteal.
loudogggg wrote: 2 years ago
I'm not so worries about my pally surviving. Oddly enough I could have swore I got a
Holy Freeze
Merc in nightmare but when swapping back to hell it changed it to defense so not sure what's going on there. I have a decent vamp gaze but seemed like
Tal
's was better. Maybe I'll give that a shot again.

He mostly dies when doing Trav runs. When he get landed with the fire vuln he dies quick even with max resistances.

That's his biggest downfall. Trying to think up a better way to get him to survive and the only thing I was thinking was if he did more damage to get more health from lifesteal.
One quick note. The aura that displays on the merc page is bugged. It changes depending on which difficulty you're in. What happens is the difficulty where you first hired the merc.

Also, my very geared merc dies in Trav too. XD

I offer Uber Service, Rush Service and have many items for sale, Add me on battle.net | Hoost07#1211
IDK what level you are, but the thing that helped me the most was leveling up. Reaper's Toll also helped a ton on my might merc due to the high life leech and
Decrepify
, but if you run
Holy Freeze
you might not need that. FWIW, I can't keep my mercs alive in Trav either.
The hydras in particular munch the mercs pretty hard, even with
Fade
active.

Keep an eye on the aggro, and
Teleport
or duck into Durance level 1 if things start getting too heated for poor Ahsab.

Would also recommend being quick on Shift + potion, I usually chuck a super or two their way until they get to orange. Then it's full rejuvies all the way -- they aren't cheap, but they aren't 50k either!
same here, trav is hard for the poor merc. try swapping Insight with a LL weapon like
The Reaper's Toll

i forced myself to do this with my sorc (and now i need a few mana potions from time to time), but my merc in WSK now does not die a lot.
My merc's survival rate went way up when I put a Fortitude armor on him. Large damage and armor bonus so the life leech he gets from tals
Mask
really helps.
I'm also using an Insight/
Holy Freeze
but I still can't let him tank the entire council and their 50 hydras.
Teleport
in, do some damage and
Teleport
back out.
I try to get one or two to follow me and separate them from the pack and its easy pickings.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
I use an A2 Might merc with a setup similar to yours except for the weapon (Treachery,
Stealskull
, Obedience
Eth
Thresher
) on my sorceress.
He survives fine on his own (even
Travincal
) but I still have to
Teleport
his stupid ass out of danger from time to time.
OP
Great feedback! I don't have Enigma yet in my paladin unfortunately so no teleporting :(. Gotta have him with the Insight for my Mana needs unless I wanna gulp potions. Saving up for an Enigma so no longer Fortitude either or buying the reapers toll.

I will note my guy does have an
Eth
Giant Thresher
I made so he's def dishing out damage. Maybe I'll look into Obedience as I've not looked into that one or
Stealskull
Can confirm that
Holy Freeze
on Merc on a Hammerdin is S Tier. It freezes targets what decreases DPS a lot.

Please PM me your BNET Tag if I win!

>> Also visit my Store for more (Browse the Tabs).
>> I also offer Uber Run Assistance and Premium Boost Services!
Also get Reaper's Toll (socketed with
Shael
/
Amn
) that with a Treachery and a unique
Grand Crown
(12% life leech) my merc can tank Durance 3 council members and can semi tank the ones in Trav. Just gotta let the mobs pop off their first hydras then go in and clean up.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...