Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   8202 views

Description

So I've done about 2,900 runs, and I'd like to share my results and opinion on how it's one of the best farming methods for high runes on bnet.

LVL 93 Hammerdin (403mf)
Key
items include
Wizardspike
Arachnid Mesh
, Trang oul's /
Magefist
, and 35% fcr Spirit shield for 125 fcr. Either Rising Sun ammy or 2x
Dwarf Star
rings completely negate
Hydra
damage and have the potential to rapidly heal you.
Thundergod's Vigor
with lightning absorb will make you practically invulnerable to their elemental attacks. I've gone hundreds of runs without using a health potion. It's a pretty cheap setup to boot. Enigma or
Teleport
isn't even needed considering the static maps and distance from the waypoint.. it's a 30-40 second farm.

There are no real threats in the way as far as other monsters cramping your style as long as you keep your resists maxed at 75%, and
Wizardspike
and a good +resist pally shield will get you almost all the way there. Also it's best to leave your merc home for this one, as he's not needed and will get torn up by the hydras anyway. Council is also very good for EXP farming lvl 80-90 characters.

Here is what I've gathered so far.

run#
375 -
Sur

1050 -
Vex

1184 -
Gul

1492 -
Cham

2027 -
Ohm

2207 -
Jah

2475 -
Ist

2671 -
Ber

2772 -
Lo

2886 -
Gul

2x SOJ
Shako

2x
Highlord's Wrath

Jah
from
Mephisto
's goons after about 50 runs.

That's 10 HRs every 289 runs for me. a little lucky, but still solid.

It's also FUN. You can accumulate a ton of mid runes, charms, jewels, and gems. it's just not getting stale yet. Cow farming puts me to sleep and
Arcane Sanctuary
is just annoying trying to keep ghosts on the map before you kill them along with there really being no other substantial chances for other good items to drop. Even better yet, most public games that are relatively new do not have the council farmed.
Description by Therion56

Can be used to make Runewords:

So I've done about 2,900 runs, and I'd like to share my results and opinion on how it's one of the best farming methods for high runes on bnet.

LVL 93 Hammerdin (403mf)
Key
items include
Wizardspike
Arachnid Mesh
, Trang oul's /
Magefist
, and 35% fcr Spirit shield for 125 fcr. Either Rising Sun ammy or 2x
Dwarf Star
rings completely negate
Hydra
damage and have the potential to rapidly heal you.
Thundergod's Vigor
with lightning absorb will make you practically invulnerable to their elemental attacks. I've gone hundreds of runs without using a health potion. It's a pretty cheap setup to boot. Enigma or
Teleport
isn't even needed considering the static maps and distance from the waypoint.. it's a 30-40 second farm.

There are no real threats in the way as far as other monsters cramping your style as long as you keep your resists maxed at 75%, and
Wizardspike
and a good +resist pally shield will get you almost all the way there. Also it's best to leave your merc home for this one, as he's not needed and will get torn up by the hydras anyway. Council is also very good for EXP farming lvl 80-90 characters.

Here is what I've gathered so far.

run#
375 -
Sur

1050 -
Vex

1184 -
Gul

1492 -
Cham

2027 -
Ohm

2207 -
Jah

2475 -
Ist

2671 -
Ber

2772 -
Lo

2886 -
Gul

2x SOJ
Shako

2x
Highlord's Wrath

Jah
from
Mephisto
's goons after about 50 runs.

That's 10 HRs every 289 runs for me. a little lucky, but still solid.

It's also FUN. You can accumulate a ton of mid runes, charms, jewels, and gems. it's just not getting stale yet. Cow farming puts me to sleep and
Arcane Sanctuary
is just annoying trying to keep ghosts on the map before you kill them along with there really being no other substantial chances for other good items to drop. Even better yet, most public games that are relatively new do not have the council farmed.

Available for trade after 6pm EST - US
Yea same here, i was lucky to get
Ber
Lo
and couple of UMs in about 600 runs, + Andyface, 5/4 light Facet, and plenty of other decent items, stones, jewels, gold etc.

They are quick and efficient, rewarding in many ways.
Thanks might have to try. My only pally is my smiter though. I wonder if you can build a hammerdin smiter hybrid?
I also like to farm trav for the reasons you mentioned (static map, fast) but it is definitely not fun.

To me it is one of the most repetitive, boring things you can do over and over again. The good thing is I can farm while watching something else on TV because it is so boring and predictable.
As of date 4 bers from trav

GMT +8 TimeZone
Solo on 1P or joining public games with more than 1P?

Their drop rates really depend on the 1 / 3 / 5 / 7 number of players.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
I would recommend farming the Council with a WW Barbarian, mainly because of the
Find Item
skill. No other build comes close to it. My runs take ~40 seconds and having 55% chance to loot a body a second time is priceless.
Is this on P1 or public games? I’ve been quite unlucky on Trav sofar but had some HR in WSK and Chaos on my sorc, I found them all in P1 and seen some other HR like
Zod
I could not pick up in a p5 game.

I farmed trav for 500runs straight then got bored, however I always include Trav in my farming route since my merc has Breath of the Dying and an Fortitude so he can tank and do tons of dmg on cold immunes

but havent gotten anything good from there sofar.

PM if I win
Naitsirk wrote: 2 years ago
Is this on P1 or public games? I’ve been quite unlucky on Trav sofar but had some HR in WSK and Chaos on my sorc, I found them all in P1 and seen some other HR like
Zod
I could not pick up in a p5 game.

I farmed trav for 500runs straight then got bored, however I always include Trav in my farming route since my merc has Breath of the Dying and an Fortitude so he can tank and do tons of dmg on cold immunes

but havent gotten anything good from there sofar.
Strong sorcs can definitely farm
Travincal
, while that's a better place for pals with Enigma - generally, these pals can kill the councils faster than your merc :) - After 500 runs, it will bring some differences.

HR are rare, whose drops are quite up to your luck. While I definitely agree that
Travincal
is the best place to farm runes - simple because of the councils' drop tables.
I’m more a solo player.

The only thing I could say is don’t give up and keep farming.

But as usual there are days where nth is worth mentioning.

GMT +8 TimeZone
RMac85 wrote: 2 years ago
Thanks might have to try. My only pally is my smiter though. I wonder if you can build a hammerdin smiter hybrid?
Yes you can. I made a smiter for ubers and eventually felt it a waste as thats all i ever used it for. Re-specced into a Hammerdin/1 point
Smite
hybrid. Still crush ubers with only a single hard point into
Smite
and a single hard point into Fanatacism. Gear swapping is necessary of course. But not an issue.
ruler_14 wrote: 2 years ago
Yes you can. I made a smiter for ubers and eventually felt it a waste as thats all i ever used it for. Re-specced into a Hammerdin/1 point
Smite
Smite
and a single hard point into Fanatacism. Gear swapping is necessary of course. But not an issue.
Thanks will give it a go.

y2kid 109

PC
@RMac85 hmu if you need a token to respec.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord

y2kid 109

PC
Never found a single
Ber
in 3k+ runs T.T I have... however found 3 surs
Lo
and a
Vex
or
Ohm
, so I'm not complaining. A HR every 500/600 runs seems doable xD

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
OP
ruler_14 wrote: 2 years ago
Smite
Smite
Thanks will give it a go.
I tried this, had all the requisite gear for ubers (
Life Tap
Wand
, dracs, guillame's face etc. and Lillith and her bow packs with her poison completely melted me before I could do any substantial damage to her.

Available for trade after 6pm EST - US
Finally i got my first
Ber
ever from travi. It was the 54th run today, i never found one before - got all the previous bers from trading.
Last week i found a 15IAS / 40 ED Jewel there, it´s the best farming place ever.

Add me if i win
reserve wrote: 2 years ago
Finally i got my first
Ber
ever from travi. It was the 54th run today, i never found one before - got all the previous bers from trading.
Last week i found a 15IAS / 40 ED Jewel there, it´s the best farming place ever.

Unbenannt.jpg
Congrats. Your hard work paid off.

GMT +8 TimeZone
Smiter works fine. I have used mine in p8 games to farm trav while everyone else is doing
Baal

Schnorki 3148Moderator

PC
Azer-Archon wrote: 2 years ago
Smiter works fine. I have used mine in p8 games to farm trav while everyone else is doing
Baal
This. Smiters annihilate Trav.
Albeit obviously no comparison to a horking barb in the long run.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...