Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   4925 views

Description

Tight, so I messed up my
Andariel
quest bug in hell mode. Let me explain what this is and what I did wrong, hopefully it helps somebody out there not make my same mistake. I'm no expert so this is just my understanding, chime in if I get any of the fine details wrong. I'm not breaking any new Ground here, this has been known for probably 20 years, I just want to point out something specific that I did wrong in hopes it helps somebody else.

As we all probably know, the first time you kill a boss like
Andariel
you get better loot than any time after that. Turns out that
Andariel
is kind of special in that you can bug her to always give you that fatty loot that you're after. The procedure is so simple that I think most times it happens on accident.

- Kill
Andariel
your first time in whatever difficulty
- Wait for the game to open the portal that spawns after she dies
- Take that portal
- Go directly to NPC man who sends you to act 2
- Go directly to act 2
- Profit

I didn't wait for the portal to open. I killed andy in hell mode, opened my own town portal, and then went to act 2. My loot has been garbage on hell andy ever since, even with 400% MF. Apparently you really do have to wait and take the one that she spawns after she dies in order for this to work.

I'm kind of thinking about deleting and remaking my level 81 magic-find sorc so I can try this again.
Description by Beardozer

Can be used to make Runewords:

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Tight, so I messed up my
Andariel
quest bug in hell mode. Let me explain what this is and what I did wrong, hopefully it helps somebody out there not make my same mistake. I'm no expert so this is just my understanding, chime in if I get any of the fine details wrong. I'm not breaking any new Ground here, this has been known for probably 20 years, I just want to point out something specific that I did wrong in hopes it helps somebody else.

As we all probably know, the first time you kill a boss like
Andariel
you get better loot than any time after that. Turns out that
Andariel
is kind of special in that you can bug her to always give you that fatty loot that you're after. The procedure is so simple that I think most times it happens on accident.

- Kill
Andariel
your first time in whatever difficulty
- Wait for the game to open the portal that spawns after she dies
- Take that portal
- Go directly to NPC man who sends you to act 2
- Go directly to act 2
- Profit

I didn't wait for the portal to open. I killed andy in hell mode, opened my own town portal, and then went to act 2. My loot has been garbage on hell andy ever since, even with 400% MF. Apparently you really do have to wait and take the one that she spawns after she dies in order for this to work.

I'm kind of thinking about deleting and remaking my level 81 magic-find sorc so I can try this again.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
This isn't how you bug her and i think you may be fine. Check #21 in my New Players Guide. I listed all the exploits there.

To quest bug Andariel's loot table you ONLY need to do one thing and one thing only, talk to
Warriv
. You actually dont even need to go to A2. Someone tested this thoroughly but i can't find the post at the moment.

BUT, i can't 100% verify the ONLY talking to
Warriv
thing, just to be safe always talk to
Warriv
and go to Act 2 after killing her
, everything else you do is irrelevant. That's all ive ever done to bug her and its always worked, even in D2R now.

Have you ever had Andariel drop just gold? this is typically the way to tell shes not bugged. The rng gods are probably just being dicks today. per usual.

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
To quest bug Andariel's loot table you ONLY need to do one thing and one thing only, talk to
Warriv
. You actually dont even need to go to A2. Someone tested this thoroughly but i can't find the post at the moment.
This is what I have read to be true as well.
BUT, i can't 100% verify the ONLY talking to
Warriv
thing, just to be safe always talk to
Warriv
and go to Act 2 after killing her
, everything else you do is irrelevant. That's all ive ever done to bug her and its always worked, even in D2R now.
Yep I do the same thing. Even to be extra safe I will exit and save game soon as I get into Act 2. One time I was testing this out in lower difficulty I feel like I broke the bug when I decided to go back to Act 1 in the same game so I just no longer risk it.
Have you ever had Andariel drop just gold? this is typically the way to tell shes not bugged. The rng gods are probably just being dicks today. per usual.
I also hear that if she drops potions along with gold it's a good tell she is not bugged.

LockeDown
Hardcore PC Ladder

EnragedN3wb 187Moderator

PC
I can confirm this also. As long as you talk to
Warriv
after killing
Andariel
in the same game you kill her in you're 100% golden.

On my current necro I completely forgot about this. Did some selling, went back in forth through TP picking up items, transmuted gems, then had
Warriv
take me to Act 2 & continued Act 2 in the same game.

She is indeed bugged for me, even after doing all that, & she never drops potions or gold for me.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...