Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   981 views

Description

Earlier in the year, we hired a Director of Engineering. When I was interviewing him, I joked: "I wanted to be an engineer like you, but because I got sucked into Diablo 2 instead of learning to code, I joined the Marines instead". It turns out that he was also an avid Diablo 2 player and had a Level 90+ Assassin in hardcore back in the day.

After he joined, he later said the interview with me was one big reason why he joined the company, because he felt that there was cultural fit.

Given most of us here are in our 30s now, those of us in the same vicinity should grab drinks / brunch sometime.

I'm in New York City. Anyone else from the community live around here?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Earlier in the year, we hired a Director of Engineering. When I was interviewing him, I joked: "I wanted to be an engineer like you, but because I got sucked into Diablo 2 instead of learning to code, I joined the Marines instead". It turns out that he was also an avid Diablo 2 player and had a Level 90+ Assassin in hardcore back in the day.

After he joined, he later said the interview with me was one big reason why he joined the company, because he felt that there was cultural fit.

Given most of us here are in our 30s now, those of us in the same vicinity should grab drinks / brunch sometime.

I'm in New York City. Anyone else from the community live around here?

BillyMaysed 2187Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Idk if i would recommend meeting up with anyone you met from this site, even me. xD

But thats a great story and i love when i encounter others IRL that have also played D2! I met a guy the other day who just asked "what have you been up to?" typically i lie and pretend i have a life, but i just said "just playing that diablo remaster" and the guys eyes light up and then me and him talk about diablo 2 for like 45 min while his girlfriend got super pissed he was ignoring her lol.

Dude I've never another doablo 2 player, except for my old Kids
Club
wrestling buddy Shawn who introduced me to the game a Long Long time ago .
I live in Buffalo NY , well.. Niagarfalls as I just bought anew home. Yeehaw !
I met another Diablo player from some 15 years ago at work. We were working side-by-side for years before it came randomly up in discussion and turns out we had even met in-game before. Also had a mutual friend with whom I was very close in game back in the day.

Have met two of my other old d2 buddies in real life completely at random. I don't even know how we recognized each other but had a nice chat after. We were actually from same area and for some reason it never came up in all these years we played together.

I an not in US so no meet-up for us, sadly.
OP
blackvayne62 wrote: 2 years ago
Dude I've never another doablo 2 player, except for my old Kids
Club
wrestling buddy Shawn who introduced me to the game a Long Long time ago .
I live in Buffalo NY , well.. Niagarfalls as I just bought anew home. Yeehaw !
We have a customer we’re trying to work with in Syracuse, is that close to you? Maybe next time I’m in town for a site visit!
OP
Cryptography wrote: 2 years ago
I met another Diablo player from some 15 years ago at work. We were working side-by-side for years before it came randomly up in discussion and turns out we had even met in-game before. Also had a mutual friend with whom I was very close in game back in the day.

Have met two of my other old d2 buddies in real life completely at random. I don't even know how we recognized each other but had a nice chat after. We were actually from same area and for some reason it never came up in all these years we played together.

I’m sure there are lots of non-American players here!! Where do you live?
Im not from the states, so that already 1 haha :p

Great stories to read,

I've had it in a coffeeshop here, I was wearing a D2 shirt (the one with all the chars around the campfire)
And the guy was trying to figure out what it was (as I had a jacket over it half open)

And he went: Thats Diablo 2 right? That game is AMAZING, and I was like: Hell yeah, you recognize it.

Lots of people just look at it and some even ask if its from an anime or something :')

Jokes on them not knowing this insanely nostalgic game

~Your PC is so slow, even Jesus complains about the lag~
I’ve meet people from D2 back in the day which I became close friends with and hung out with irl.
I started playing at 9 or 10 on my friends pc and I was hooked for life. Randomly bumped in to someone online during the relaunch which is fairly close to me in the greater London area! All hail the dark lord!
sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago
Cryptography wrote: 2 years ago

I’m sure there are lots of non-American players here!! Where do you live?
Estonia.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...