Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   375 views

Description

I was wondering if we could have it grey or any kind of something so I know if I've read a thread or not.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I was wondering if we could have it grey or any kind of something so I know if I've read a thread or not.
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
CitationNumber wrote: 2 years ago
If I dont hit the forums for a few weeks and come back it would help knowing where I left off.
That's got nothing to do with the site side of development - see my response on that bug report.

You will see unread posts in a few weeks, they're working fully as intended. Red = unread posts, Grey = read posts.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Unread posts
Unread posts
Read posts
Read posts
See the block icon on the left? That's your indicator :) But greying text would be a good addition as well, I'll add that to the list.

OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 02.49.58.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 02.49.53.png

See the block icon on the left? That's your indicator :) But greying text would be a good addition as well, I'll add that to the list.
I just noticed that when someone posted just now to someone else about pressing back and some cacheing. I see how it works and it is definitely useful and looks great. 'Is there a new read? No.' I guess I'll look at every one so its not a huge thing. If I dont hit the forums for a few weeks and come back it would help knowing where I left off.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
If I dont hit the forums for a few weeks and come back it would help knowing where I left off.
That's got nothing to do with the site side of development - see my response on that bug report.

You will see unread posts in a few weeks, they're working fully as intended. Red = unread posts, Grey = read posts.
This post was marked as the best answer.

OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago

Yeah, ok. The more I interact with the site the more it just works good. I like it the way it is, is there a way I can delete this thread? If I were to look at a post and it's title were to be permanently greyed but then a new post come up and have that sexy attribute point icon light up I would know I looked at the thread before but there is new content. Where if a sexy red button shows up with all threads the same I'll know there is new content to be read. I'm looking at every thread anyways. The only difference would be personally knowing what I don't want to read about, which focusing on negatives is easy and I wont read that thread.

(30 mins of thinking about)

This is like two sixes to twelve. The impact is insignificant. Preferences. I have not really ben super into forums the traditional way because I'm a more fast paced direct person, or maybe they didn't capture my attention enough to care. I have not seen a good way to know that something has new content like your site does. From what I've seen which is limited with forums is you click on a thread and it gets greyed. When a new post is made it gets recolored to the natural post color. You come around 3 or 4 days later with 12 new threads and your scrolling through and you find yourself in this middle Ground where you don't know if you've read this thread before or not because the ones you read have new posts and are normal coloring along with new threads being normal colored. -Especially when threads with new posts get put on top of the list-.

What you offer, is the duality, there is a new post yall, big red button of clickyness next to the thread. Have I read this thread before, I donno.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...