Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   4389 views

Description

First time Enigma creator here. I've heard superior items that have the +ed% pack a super cost to repair. I don't wanna break the bank but there's a lot of info out there like

- Defence on armor doesn't matter all that much

- put it in armor that you can get to str requirements without investing any or little str points I. Your attributes to put into vitality

-people pay an arm and a leg for the +ed%...so it's kind of conflicting on what I should do

Character details
Hammerdin
HoTO
Shako
w/p
Topaz

Spirit w +45 fire +80 res for the rest
Magefist

2 30 mf nagelrings (though thinking of using a soj I found
String of Ears
for the protection
War travs 50%mf

Was currently using skin of viper magi but with Enigma I'm going to drop under the 125% fcr so may need to work around there. Also I won't be max res anymore...hmmm

Merc
Tal Rasha
with an
Um

Treatury
Giant
Eth
Thresher
with Insight

Any advice on armor swaps or what base to put Enigma on would be greatly appreciated. I have 4 mules of socket armor so have a bit to choose from

Can be used to make Runewords:

First time Enigma creator here. I've heard superior items that have the +ed% pack a super cost to repair. I don't wanna break the bank but there's a lot of info out there like

- Defence on armor doesn't matter all that much

- put it in armor that you can get to str requirements without investing any or little str points I. Your attributes to put into vitality

-people pay an arm and a leg for the +ed%...so it's kind of conflicting on what I should do

Character details
Hammerdin
HoTO
Shako
w/p
Topaz

Spirit w +45 fire +80 res for the rest
Magefist

2 30 mf nagelrings (though thinking of using a soj I found
String of Ears
for the protection
War travs 50%mf

Was currently using skin of viper magi but with Enigma I'm going to drop under the 125% fcr so may need to work around there. Also I won't be max res anymore...hmmm

Merc
Tal Rasha
with an
Um

Treatury
Giant
Eth
Thresher
with Insight

Any advice on armor swaps or what base to put Enigma on would be greatly appreciated. I have 4 mules of socket armor so have a bit to choose from
If you were able to farm an Enigma, the extra gold cost to repair shouldn't really matter. If it really means that much to you, you could use an

Schnorki 3318Moderator

PC
The "+str" argument depends entirely on the rest of your intended final gear.

If everything is relatively low in str req, you may as well get a low str req Enigma base to save yourself the trouble. Typically everything being low means you're not looking at higher def elites across the board and don't care much about def anyways so why would the Enigma be any different?

If however you aim to use things like
Steelrend
or
Veil of Steel
for example (even though you won't use those, what with being a hammerdin and all), Enigma only covers a fraction of their str req meaning you can go up to an
Archon Plate
without wasting any extra strength points. In that case, the higher the armor, the more def (=benefit, even if low) you get, without any wasted stat points.

As for the repair cost argument, I never understood that. People make it sound as though it breaks every single game and as if gold were hard to get. Every time I hear that from someone, I honestly feel like I'm playing a different game than they are.

Personally, I always use an
Archon Plate
as a base no matter what (nothing higher due to the run speed loss which does matter [to me] despite having
Teleport
). Unless I prefer the looks of a
Wire Fleece
or the like. That however just isn't the case for me in D2:R, despite having been true for half the chars in the original D2.

If you can find one and afford it, I'd say go for the ED as well unless you have some "out of Principle" reason not to. But repair cost as an argument? Ugh..

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
I was trying out different armors and the
Gothic Plate
looks the most fashionable on a sorc IMO. Oh wells time to farm another Enigma for a
Gothic Plate
one.
OP
Had a
Dusk Shroud
that was nice armor level close to max on the mules and went with it. Enigma defense is 1218 so I'm happy. Thanks for the Insight!! :)

AGKS 17

Paladin PC
Anonemous wrote: 2 years ago
If you were able to farm an Enigma, the extra gold cost to repair shouldn't really matter. If it really means that much to you, you could use an
It's
Ral
to repair armour.

In Search Of The Total Peace Of Mind
AGKS wrote: 2 years ago
It's
Ral
to repair armour.
Thanks for correction. I've been just using gold. :)

AGKS 17

Paladin PC
AGKS wrote: 2 years ago
It's
Ral
to repair armour.
Thanks for correction. I've been just using gold. :)
I usually wait until the durability is like 5/20, then i will use a
Ral
to repair it. But if i were to find a random
Ral
and with space constraint, i will just repair it on the spot.

In Search Of The Total Peace Of Mind
I'd rather use armor without +ED, and then most likely the armor type that I can use on multiple chars - if needed.
Unless you have too many
Jah
&
Ber
runes lying around ;-).

But mostly I see if I can somehow get one with maximal roll defense.

Whether the armor is now 15% ed or not, no one can actually see anymore anyway ... unless you sell them .

My Hammerdin has about 10,818 defense with
Mage Plate
and Shield Buff (target dummy 25% hitchance).
With + 15% ED a defense of 11,036 (also 25% hitchance).

With
Archon Plate
it would be 12,251 Defense (23%),
with + 15% ed 12,682 Defense (22%).

Logically, I would say the slightly better armor in this class is not worth the hassle.

For this I save 48 strength - which can be used for more life, block or even upgrade other parts of armor (which can be more useful for armor),
can use the armor on other characters and I prefer to gamble with the repair costs.

Above all, if you still have a Chains of Honor, Fortitude, etc. with +ED, it can quickly turn into gold collecting.
Alsvartr wrote: 2 years ago

My Hammerdin has about 10,818 defense with
Mage Plate
and Shield Buff (target dummy 25% hitchance).
With + 15% ED a defense of 11,036 (also 25% hitchance).

With
Archon Plate
it would be 12,251 Defense (23%),
with + 15% ed 12,682 Defense (22%).

For this I save 48 strength - which can be used for anything
This is all there is to the
Archon Plate
vs
Mage Plate
. With
Mage Plate
you can spend literally zero stat points in strength as you can get 20 str from Torch and 10 from Anni. And if you can afford Enigma, you can afford those two as well.

Of course for someone who can use the strength and is within melee range all the time, go with the bulkier, even medium, armor. Barbarian, Fury Druid,...

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
Queegon wrote: 2 years ago
With
Mage Plate
you can spend literally zero stat points in strength as you can get 20 str from Torch and 10 from Anni.
Anni can have +20, so with Torch it's +40 free stats.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...